Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where should I stay?
AKL 57 72.15%
CSR 10 12.66%
Pop 12 15.19%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

I posted this first in the Resort Changers thread, but I thought it might be easier to see the votes in a separate thread. Pick from one of these three options, please.

Okay, all of these glowing reviews have swayed me, so I think I have my final 3 options: AKL (request room near lobby), CSR (preferred - near food and lobby), or Pop (preferred). AKL would be $400 more than where I am now at POR, CSR is another $50, and I'd get money back if I switched to Pop. I am ruling POR and POFQ out, the former due to the preferred rooms being sold out, and the latter because it is not discounted and is almost the same price as AKL.

Since I can't be trusted to make this decision, I am going to decide entirely based on your votes. I asked this question and I really started to tally the results people were giving me, so I figured I'd run with that idea and give my fellow DIS-ers the chance to pick my resort. Last time I called it took the CM a while to figure out which was the current version of my reservation in the system and I'm clearly not going to make a decision on my own.

I trust all of my fellow indecisive dis-ers to make this decision since I have never stayed in any of these resorts and honestly can't say I prefer one to any other. I'd be happy to stay at any of these resorts so give me your honest opinion. It's in your hands now. :-)
Old 12-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Pop preferred! Meals & merchandise will be happily bought with the money back.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsMommy View Post
I posted this first in the Resort Changers thread, but I thought it might be easier to see the votes in a separate thread. Pick from one of these three options, please.

Okay, all of these glowing reviews have swayed me, so I think I have my final 3 options: AKL (request room near lobby), CSR (preferred - near food and lobby), or Pop (preferred). AKL would be $400 more than where I am now at POR, CSR is another $50, and I'd get money back if I switched to Pop. I am ruling POR and POFQ out, the former due to the preferred rooms being sold out, and the latter because it is not discounted and is almost the same price as AKL.

Since I can't be trusted to make this decision, I am going to decide entirely based on your votes. I asked this question and I really started to tally the results people were giving me, so I figured I'd run with that idea and give my fellow DIS-ers the chance to pick my resort. Last time I called it took the CM a while to figure out which was the current version of my reservation in the system and I'm clearly not going to make a decision on my own.

I trust all of my fellow indecisive dis-ers to make this decision since I have never stayed in any of these resorts and honestly can't say I prefer one to any other. I'd be happy to stay at any of these resorts so give me your honest opinion. It's in your hands now. :-)
Ooh that's a toughie! Personally, I'd rule out Pop. Stayed there once and didn't like it at all. Luv, luv, LUV AK (how could you not with all those giraffes hanging around!) and have stayed at CS a few times as the price was right . If price isn't a big deal, I'd definitely go with AK though, it's just so unique.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

POP!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
owl0306
Mouseketeer

no comparing deluxe to value or mod stay akl
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

Well I haven't stayed at AKL BUT I've visited and eaten there and I LOVED IT! That's my vote!

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Lizzybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at all 3, and while I love CSR, I think AKL is a must-try. I stayed there in
September, and would stay there again, no question. If money isn't an issue, go deluxe!
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
dtstampz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

The preferred rooms at POR are not that big of an advantage, unless there is a special reason you need to be right next to the main building. You could fax a request to stay as close to the main building as possible in a regular room, if that's what you are looking for. I'd just stay with what you have already reserved!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

I only wanted preferred wherever I go because I am still recovering from a foot injury and I wanted to minimize the walking outside of the parks. Otherwise I would absolutely stick with my POR reservation.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

If you are equally willing and able to do any of these resorts, then definitely go with AKL; it is absolutely gorgeous.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Absolutely AKL. $400 for an upgrade to Deluxe is well worth it in my opinion
Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #12
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

My choice wasn't a choice. POFQ - I think it is one of the greatest resorts on WDW property. 6 more days and I will be there!!!!!!!!

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite
Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

AKL - no hesitation. Part of Disney is the magic. AKL is magical. Love the atmosphere.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
KatMark
DIS Veteran

As much as I love the Coronado (we'll be back for our tenth stay the day after tomorrow), after haveing stayed at the AKL last year, I would pick that in a heartbeat. I can't pick Pop because I can't do values; nothing against them, they just don't fit my vacation style.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
calngavinsmom
DIS Veteran

I would love to try AKL some day money permitting so that's how I voted

Good luck

calngavinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: