Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
KuyaRomeo
The Mouse that RAWRED
 
KuyaRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 45

Questions: Tables in Wonderland Membership

Ok, so my family is planning on being in Disney World for 3 weeks in January 2013. We eat out every night, and so we are looking into buying the "Tables in Wonderland Membership" for $100. It gives us 20% off of most of our meals (most restaurants we want to dine in are listed on this offer).

The membership is available for $100 to DVC members. My father and I are both DVC members, independently. We also have the same first and last name.

We are wondering, if we buy one Tables in Wonderland Membership, can we both use it? For example if I want to go to dinner one night without him, and he gives me his card and his dvc card . . can I use the discount because we use his card?

Is anyone a member of "Tables in Wonderland"? Any insight?
__________________
Dangerously Addictive Cake Pops
http://tcpops.com
KuyaRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran
 
AlohaAnnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Welcome Home
Posts: 2,682

TIW states that you are not allowed to let others use your card. That is one of the reasons on our trip in June we are getting our card in my name. DD & I are going to the Garden View Tea Room without the boys but we will be together for all other meals. So we are getting the card in my name otherwise we would have to pay an additional $50 for my card or not have a discount at that meal.

If you are going to be together for all meals except for the one that is separate for you, I would get the card in your name. Then you can split the cost of the TIW card and you can pay for all meals & have your Dad reimburse you for his portion of said meals. Then the cost would be $100 less and save each of you $50.
__________________
Me (Tina) DH (Shawn) DS (17) (Aaron) DD (13) (Allison) Aladdin (Buddy) Jasmine Lilo Stitch

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014

Last edited by AlohaAnnie; 11-12-2012 at 03:30 PM.
AlohaAnnie is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,459

Officially it is not supposed to be done and is cheating the system.

However, as long as there is no Sr, Jr, III, etc., on the card and you have identification for that name it can be accepted.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaRomeo View Post
We are wondering, if we buy one Tables in Wonderland Membership, can we both use it? For example if I want to go to dinner one night without him, and he gives me his card and his dvc card . . can I use the discount because we use his card?
There is no need to show a DVC card when using the TiW card. You only need that to buy one.
__________________
OKW Lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
KuyaRomeo
The Mouse that RAWRED
 
KuyaRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 45

Thank you for all of the good information. . .

So, in short, since we have the same name and our photo ID's do not designate any JR, SR, III . . . etc, we should be ok to use the same card. The question is whether morally I will be able to do this. Which, is actually a tough decision.

The thing is, that my Dad goes to cheaper restaurants . . . but he and my mom travel to WDW many times each year so the card would be beneficial for him over the year span.

I only go once per year . . . but I tend to lean towards the pricier dining options throughout the parks etc . . . so I would certainly benefit from using it . . but seeing that we only go once per year . . . it is not as attractive as it should be.

Maybe I will have my Dad get the card and I will just reap it's benefits when we all dine together . . and bite the bullet on the nights I dine without him . .

Thank you for all for providing info!
__________________
Dangerously Addictive Cake Pops
http://tcpops.com
KuyaRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
DisFanJen
Disney Phreak
 
DisFanJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lovely, lovely, Wales. :)
Posts: 577

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaRomeo View Post
. . . but he and my mom travel to WDW many times each year so the card would be beneficial for him over the year span.
Slightly OT, does that mean your dad has an annual pass?

I only ask because AP holders can get the TiW card for only $75 rather than the $100 that DVC members pay.

I've been getting the TiW card for years. First buy the DVC discounted AP, then use the AP to get the TiW card.
__________________
Two last minute flights to Orlando, £676.00. Two tickets to the NASA causeway, $400.00. Watching a shuttle launch live? Priceless

Follow my tweets for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at: http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen

5/98 - DL(Off Site), 5/03 - WDW(Off Site), 2/04 - WDW(Off Site), 9/04 - WDW(Off Site), 12/05 - WDW(Off Site), 10/06 - WDW(AKL), 5/07 - WDW(SSR), 9/07 - WDW(SSR), 12/07 - WDW(SSR), 2/08 - WDW(Poly & GF), 12/08 - WDW(OKW, Wonder), 3/10 - WDW(AKL), 2/11 - WDW(OKW), 12/11 - WDW(SSR, OKW, Dream), 9/12 - WDW (OKW, Dream), 1/14 WDW (OKW, Fantasy), 11,14 (OKW, Dream)
DisFanJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
Hopefully
DIS Veteran
 
Hopefully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Boston Area, MA
Posts: 9,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaRomeo View Post
Thank you for all of the good information. . .

So, in short, since we have the same name and our photo ID's do not designate any JR, SR, III . . . etc, we should be ok to use the same card. The question is whether morally I will be able to do this. Which, is actually a tough decision.

The thing is, that my Dad goes to cheaper restaurants . . . but he and my mom travel to WDW many times each year so the card would be beneficial for him over the year span.

I only go once per year . . . but I tend to lean towards the pricier dining options throughout the parks etc . . . so I would certainly benefit from using it . . but seeing that we only go once per year . . . it is not as attractive as it should be.

Maybe I will have my Dad get the card and I will just reap it's benefits when we all dine together . . and bite the bullet on the nights I dine without him . .

Thank you for all for providing info!
You're correct. It is a moral quesiton, not a technical question. I think you understand the policies of the program. Only you can decide what is right.
I know what I would do.
__________________
Hopefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
bcrook
DIS Veteran

 
bcrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,014

If you are going to be there for three weeks, I would get one of my own - Simply For convenience sake. I would find it easier to pay my share, and be able to go wherever I want.

Have fun!
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 46,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanJen View Post
Slightly OT, does that mean your dad has an annual pass?

I only ask because AP holders can get the TiW card for only $75 rather than the $100 that DVC members pay.

I've been getting the TiW card for years. First buy the DVC discounted AP, then use the AP to get the TiW card.
That's a really good thing you noticed there! Hope the OP sees it.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #10
alldiz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanJen View Post
Slightly OT, does that mean your dad has an annual pass?

I only ask because AP holders can get the TiW card for only $75 rather than the $100 that DVC members pay.

I've been getting the TiW card for years. First buy the DVC discounted AP, then use the AP to get the TiW card.
Thanks for that info....I thought the 100 was more than I remembered.

DVC Premium AP's 399 till end of December....and you don't activate till you go...Good deal
__________________
1978-offsite 1st visit, 1982, 1992 offsite, May 2006- 1st family trip Wilderness Lodge, Nov 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Jan 07- POFQ and POP, May 2007- SSR 1st DVC trip Aug 2007- YC, BCV...and POFQ free diningApril 2008-BWV,and OKW Oct 2008-BWV and WLV 1st trip "home", Nov/Dec 2009- WLV and DCL April 2011- BCV, Carnival Cruise,AKV(Kidani), BLT.... Aug/Sept 2011-OKW, and BWVMarch/April 2013-SSR May 2013-BWV and BCV June/July 2013-Carnival Cruise and WLV Dec/Jan 2013/14 -AKV Jambo, Carnival Cruise, WLV
alldiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
KuyaRomeo
The Mouse that RAWRED
 
KuyaRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 45

I have decided that this was a "stupid" question and am now a bit embarrassed that I asked.

I have decided that my Father will get one, as he is also getting the annual pass. Therefore the 10% off of dining works well for him.

I will not be getting one, and not using his. For me to get one, I need to spend $1,000 in food just to break even, as we only come to Disney World once a year. Yes, we will probably end up spending more than that . . . but the savings is just not tempting enough for me to buy the card.

That being said . . . my conscience has kicked in, and I will not be using my fathers card. I am a small business owner. I, of all people, should have known better then to try to cheat the system. It just goes to show you how much we sometimes think we aren't hurting anything . . but we are no better than a thief. Again, embarrassed that I was even thinking of going down that right.

Thank you for reminding me to be a person again!

My father will enjoy the savings from being an annual pass holder. Thanks for the info!
__________________
Dangerously Addictive Cake Pops
http://tcpops.com
KuyaRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
A_Princess'_Daddy
DIS Veteran
 
A_Princess'_Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaRomeo View Post
I have decided that this was a "stupid" question and am now a bit embarrassed that I asked.

I have decided that my Father will get one, as he is also getting the annual pass. Therefore the 10% off of dining works well for him.

I will not be getting one, and not using his. For me to get one, I need to spend $1,000 in food just to break even, as we only come to Disney World once a year. Yes, we will probably end up spending more than that . . . but the savings is just not tempting enough for me to buy the card.

That being said . . . my conscience has kicked in, and I will not be using my fathers card. I am a small business owner. I, of all people, should have known better then to try to cheat the system. It just goes to show you how much we sometimes think we aren't hurting anything . . but we are no better than a thief. Again, embarrassed that I was even thinking of going down that right.

Thank you for reminding me to be a person again!

My father will enjoy the savings from being an annual pass holder. Thanks for the info!
Just an FYI that the savings is 20%, not 10%, so if you buy a TIW for $100, the break-even point is $500, not $1,000, and for your father, since he has an AP, the break-even point is $375.

We love our TIW and find it pays for itself many times over!
__________________
DW Me DD DS
BWV 5/22/10-5/30/10 & 3/12/11-3/19/11, AKV 11/18/11-11/27/11, BWV 2/23/12-2/27/12, BLT 3/16/12-3/25/12, Many trips before, too many to try to count
A_Princess'_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
AppleSister1
DIS Veteran
 
AppleSister1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 812

If you eat out every night for 3 weeks, I would definitely consider the investment. 20% including alcohol (I don't know how much you drink, but even two glasses of wine add up in WDW) is really worth it for us. We, too, tend to eat out at TS restaurants each night, and for our party of 6-8, the savings add up quickly.
__________________
1982 - WDW, Off site * 1996 - Grand Floridian * 1997 - DL, Disneyland Hotel * 1998 - CSR * 2000 - YC* 2001 - DL, Grand Californian * 2002 - YC * 2003 - YC * 2004 - BC Concierge * 2006 - YC * 2008 - YC * Jan 2010 - WL * May 2010-Poly * Dec 2010 - CSR *April 2011 - AKL CL * Sept 2011 - YC * Dec 2011 - YC * May 2012 - YC * July 2012 - Aulani * Dec 2012 - POFQ * April 2013 - POFQ * June 2014- Contemporary * October '14 Boardwalk
AppleSister1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
davinakb
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 712

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Princess'_Daddy
Just an FYI that the savings is 20%, not 10%, so if you buy a TIW for $100, the break-even point is $500, not $1,000, and for your father, since he has an AP, the break-even point is $375. We love our TIW and find it pays for itself many times over!
We do a lot of signature and resort dining, find it worth it if we know we will eat out a lot. we almost always drink wine, have bigger party so savings add up quickly. And we valet park, so I count my break even even lower.
davinakb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #15
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!
 
AndyFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL
Posts: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Princess'_Daddy View Post
Just an FYI that the savings is 20%, not 10%, so if you buy a TIW for $100, the break-even point is $500, not $1,000, and for your father, since he has an AP, the break-even point is $375.

We love our TIW and find it pays for itself many times over!
Just to toss something in the mix here.....don't AP holders already get a 10% discount at most TS restraunts?
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.