DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
mort1331
Mouseketeer

Trying to learn the ways

I've been reading alot, visited 4times in the last 3 yrs, and have taken the plunge and currently waiting in ROFR for a loaded SSR. \YEA/ My question is one i havent been able to find our yet. I know I can book at the 11month mark at SSR, if I do that but want another resort, can I at the 7 month mark inquire with Disney if theres availability say at BLT and just switch my points to that reservation.
Thanks in advance and hope to be joining you all soon.
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mort1331 View Post
I've been reading alot, visited 4times in the last 3 yrs, and have taken the plunge and currently waiting in ROFR for a loaded SSR. \YEA/ My question is one i havent been able to find our yet. I know I can book at the 11month mark at SSR, if I do that but want another resort, can I at the 7 month mark inquire with Disney if theres availability say at BLT and just switch my points to that reservation.
Thanks in advance and hope to be joining you all soon.
Yes, you can call members services on the day your seven-month window opens and they can switch your reservation to another resort (assuming there is availability in the villa size/view you want).
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

This is the exact strategy we use for almost every booking. I need to nail down dates early so I can arrange for the time off from work. We often invite family or friends to join us on some trips, and I like to give them as much notice as possible, too. For that reason, the dates we'll travel are more important to me than the resort we'll stay in.

We love each of our home resorts, so it's never an issue if we need to stay there on any given trip. If we want to try someplace else, we'll try for it and even waitlist if it isn't available. But if it doesn't come through, we've still got a place to stay for those dates.

One thing you do need to plan for is the point differences. If the resort you want to change to requires less points than your home resort, make sure you have a banking strategy or other way to use the points that could be freed up. If your resort is less points than one where you want to stay, know which points you want to use/borrow when the change is made. This is especially relevant if the vacation in question will take place near the end of your use year.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
lions1995
DIS Veteran

We always book at 11 months as well and then see at 7 months what's available. If your choice is not fully available, you can always wait list for it. Realize that BLT is not an easy resort to get into.
lions1995 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: