Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #46
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
We love the Great Movie ride, corny and all. I love watching all the movie clips while waiting in line and I love the movies at the end.

Bean got some great shots

I never noticed that Ice Cream. Is that outside of TSM?

Great shots of Indy. We love that show too
Glad to hear you like it too. And yes, love the movies at the beginning and end too. I'm a big fan of movie montages.

Bean is a natural for sure. And the ice cream is to the right of the entrance queue for the Muppets.

More shots of Indy to come!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 12-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #47
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 4 - Indy's Adventures Continue!

When we last left Indy he had angered the gods and triggered their giant rolling ball of death - run Indy!

Uh-oh, its gonna get him!

It got him!

And end scene

We move on to the market scene ...aaaannnddd, ACTION!

Queue the acrobats

It was odd having a blonde Marian. She was good in the role though.

The bad guy pays off one of them to make trouble

And trouble ensues!

I zoomed in to catch Indy in action

He runs over to help Marian

The heroes attempt to make their escape up into the scaffolding and the ladder chase ensues!

We'll continue the chase in the next installment

Click here for the next Chapter:
Day 2 Part 5 - Indy Goes Up on the Rooftop!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 12-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #48
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing the Indy Adventures! Last time we went (which was my youngest 2 sons' first visit) they had to cut the Adventure short due to lightening and storm threat. I have to say tho that that your Indiana Jones is much more appealing than the one we had

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #50
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Thanks for sharing the Indy Adventures! Last time we went (which was my youngest 2 sons' first visit) they had to cut the Adventure short due to lightening and storm threat. I have to say tho that that your Indiana Jones is much more appealing than the one we had
No problem! More pictures to come :-] And we had a technical malfunction the first time we saw the stunt spectacular and they completely cut the airplane scene at the end so I know what you mean with that.

I think that Indy was the same one we saw in 2011 - got a picture with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Merry Christmas
Thank you Jordan - Merry Christmas to you too!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #51
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Going through your indy pics, I can totally hear the music from the show

Merry Christmas
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #53
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

way to come back on TSM cant let the kids beat you just yet...but nice on giving hope then taking it way in the bonus scene.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #54
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Another unabashed fan of the GMR... get the chills from the montage at the end...

(although I'm starting to think the cowboy track is just a rumor... have never gotten it...)

Haven't done Indy show recently but have always enjoyed it... but I love the Indy films... well I really loved 1 & 3, liked 2 & on the fence about 4 ... not sure how I felt about the Alien tie in but I did like that he got back with Marion and that they had had a son together...
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #56
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Going through your indy pics, I can totally hear the music from the show

Merry Christmas
Cool, glad it is bringing back the vibe of it. Thank you for the Merry Christmas, hope yours was a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
way to come back on TSM cant let the kids beat you just yet...but nice on giving hope then taking it way in the bonus scene.
Well to be fair I beat her the first time but she totally got me the second time. Yanking that thing is tiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Another unabashed fan of the GMR... get the chills from the montage at the end...

(although I'm starting to think the cowboy track is just a rumor... have never gotten it...)

Haven't done Indy show recently but have always enjoyed it... but I love the Indy films... well I really loved 1 & 3, liked 2 & on the fence about 4 ... not sure how I felt about the Alien tie in but I did like that he got back with Marion and that they had had a son together...
Yes, the movies are great at the beginning and end. I've always been a fan of clip reels like that. And I've seen the cowboy track once out of the 5 times I've rode it. And this time I think they had that track shut down because we came into the movie reel at the end and we were on the right side. The car that would be on the left side was already sitting there emply and stopped.

I'm in the same boat with Indy - love 1 & 3, don't like 2 & 4. I heard that Lucas really pushed the alien angle and wouldn't let go on it. I hated it and the goofy CGI grapic actions scenes. The whole point of the series is live action stunts. That whole chase thru the jungle with people swinging around like monkeys turned my stomach. Having Marian in there was the only saving grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Sorry Double post...
No worries, I've done that more than once myself.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #57
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 5 - Indy Goes Up on the Rooftop!

We return now to our intrepid adventurers as they try to escape the evil clutches of some Egyptian baddies by taking to the rooftops!

Marian is up the ladder with Indy close behind. Unfortunately there is a baddie nipping at his heels

Marian looks for another way out but they are trapped!

Indy pushes the baddie away!

But the henchmans accomplice pushes him back

&only to swing out again!

Marian looks for the best fighting tool this side of Tangled

&but finds it a little too effective as Indy goes down from the backswing!

The baddies are closing in so theres no choice but to jump!

Amazing how well his hat stays on!

They land safely and look for a good escape route

Unfortunately the swordsman in black has other ideas

Indy tries the whip

Uh oh, wheres Marian???

Time for the gun!

Indy takes out another baddie looking for Marian

Here comes the truck!

Tune in next time for the big flame out and some stuntman antics!

Click here for the next Chapter:
Day 2 Part 6 - Flames and Falls

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 12-29-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #58
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 6 - Flames and Falls

When we left off the truck had just rolled into view, supposedly with Marian on board. Unfortunately due to our seating we have a bit of an obstructed view thanks to a support column

Here comes the big ‘kaboom!’

Funny how it seems to burn out as it finishes the flip…

…only to burst back into flames

They put out the raging inferno and bring out the extras. An extra is chosen “at random” to show some hand to hand techniques. The volunteer jumps right into some Karate Kid moves while facing the big German

The director decided that maybe Marian’s character is more his size. He immediately move in close for a photo op, supposedly taken by his mom.

They then set him up for some fake punches

Oops, a bit too close

They get him back on his feet for the stomach punch …ouch!

And before he can recover, in comes the kick!

There goes his hat

I think he needs a little rest

The director is worried about him and asks Marian to help him up

…it doesn’t work

He is of course the planted stunt man, who does some acrobatics and takes a bow

When we went in 2011 and Roxy helped me get picked as an extra I was chosen in the same group with the stuntman and knew who he was from having seen the show in 2008. It was cool to see him ham it up and get beat up right in front of me.

Next up we’ll do the grand finale!

Click here for the next Chapter
Day 2 Part 7 - The Grand Finale Begins!

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 01-02-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #59
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

I FINALLY finished editing all of my photopass pics. I've placed the order for the download, just waiting for the e-mail with the link!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #60
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

More great Indy shots

I love the stuntman extra part. I like to look around and look for guests who have not seen the show before, so don't realize it is a set up and see their expressions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: