Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

Okay what does a PIN email look like??

I keep reading about PINs being attached to names and like most am dreaming to get one sent to me.

I've signed up for the DVD and planning tools, registerd for emails etc.

Today I finally get an email...states our name and the dates we want to go and offering a "deal". August 25-31 at $105 value resort rooms.

If I put all the info into the system with that link and create a package, it doesn't seem to be any different than when I put the info on my own without their special pricing just for me

I'm sure some may fall for this, and by all means I'm a newbie..but I'm also on a tight budget...without fitting into it, this trip simply won't happen and the money will go elsewhere.

So what should I be watching for to be sure I'm really getting a special offer if I get one at all?
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

The emails are from "Disney Destinations" and they will have a long# (the PIN) somewhere on it. Sadly it has been a while since I have actually seen one - but if my memory serves me correctly it will say something like "Be sure and call and reference # xxxx xxxxx xxxxx." Good luck!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

The email will come from Disney Destinations and will state, "Be ready with your PIN:...", "Be sure to mention PIN: xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx", and etc.

I also want to add, not every Disney Destination email is going to contain a discount or pin code. Some appear to look like pin code emails - emblazoned with the family name/web link to your 'special offer'.....leading a person to believe they just had a great discount bestowed upon them (Op, like what you received). However, the links can either - take you to current offers already listed on the website; or to no offer at all.

I'm also pretty certain people on these boards have even reported receiving faux 15 digit pin codes. Personalized marketing ploys.

Another reason to always price it out...

Last edited by Lehuaann; 12-02-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: