Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

So what can I expect for a deal in August? When to expect it?

I know the last week of August is a low season time...we've gone once during that time before and enjoyed it...so my plan already is to book with the deal that comes up for that time in 2013.

I've seen the pattern is free dining, which is exactly what I want...but now I'm wondering with the S/D/P deal if thats what they will offer.

For some reason I can't get the S/D/P meal up on my website (in Canada) so I can't get an estimate quote with their calculator yet.

Does anyone guess what the deal will be for August? When does it usually become available to book?

TIA
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
mbvisitor
Mouseketeer

In the same boat as you looking to a deal in August. 2013 doesn't seem to be holding to the pattern. I guess we'll have to continue to wait and see. Really disappointed that the Cdn site is slow to be updated.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
cbonewjersey
Mouseketeer

Not as great a week as you think

Usually you are right. We too go that week, but in 2013, that week will be more crowded than usual with NJ, PA families. That week will be the only week between the ending of summer camps and the opening of schools. Typically the throng is spread over 2 weeks, but in 2013, it will all be condensed. It still should be better than late June, but not as empty as in most years.
cbonewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
serene56
DIS Veteran

well, consider that the offer that came out today is for up til March 7th. and you gotta book by the end of the year..

so when this offer is done they will offer another one from march til June..

so maybe after that offer. Probably April or May
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

Planning for the same week too, as we don't start school until after Labor Day. I think we are in for a long wait unfortunately. I think free dining for this past August was released in late March.

I am so anxious to book, but will wait to see what discounts come out.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
PlasticRedTopHat
Earning My Ears

Im in the same boat as you guys. I tried to go in Sept last year, and it just did not work out with school for my kids. I might book a room, and upgrade later..

PlasticRedTopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Just to interject my mother just came back yesterday. Usually there is a free bounce back offer to lock in free dining for August stays the following year. When she inquired about a bounce back offer for an August stay. They told her they have nothing to offer her, I found that very strange after being able to bounce back for the past 6 years. I really do not know what that is all about but I guess I will try to call today to find out about it. I am thinking it could have been an unfamiliar CM she encountered at the concierge desk. I will update what I find out.

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
trophy smouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27
Just to interject my mother just came back yesterday. Usually there is a free bounce back offer to lock in free dining for August stays the following year. When she inquired about a bounce back offer for an August stay. They told her they have nothing to offer her, I found that very strange after being able to bounce back for the past 6 years. I really do not know what that is all about but I guess I will try to call today to find out about it. I am thinking it could have been an unfamiliar CM she encountered at the concierge desk. I will update what I find out.
I'm not 100% on this—and someone please correct me if they know—but I believe BBs are within 6 months of your stay. So, a November 2012 BB would only apply through May 2013. Right?

(Also 1st post! W00t!)
trophy smouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

When we were at AKL in early November, there was a BB for Free Dining and they included dates in August, but of course, not the dates we need. I believe it started on the 18th which of course is when I go back to work for the school year. But there was a offer given.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27 View Post
They did have a BB for FD in August/September, but the booking dates ended just before your mother left She JUST missed it, and they haven't put another out yet.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Actually we were told that it ended on 9/30/12 the same day she came home. After arriving back home, the next day I called to inquire and of course we had to jump through hoops to have them modify our dates to add free dining to our POR reservations. But, in the end they did it!

So, I am pretty sure they will offer free dining to the public as they usually do around the dates of 8/18-9/28 if not more. Just to pass this info on good luck everyone!

Melissa

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27 View Post
Actually we were told that it ended on 9/30/12 the same day she came home. After arriving back home, the next day I called to inquire and of course we had to jump through hoops to have them modify our dates to add free dining to our POR reservations. But, in the end they did it!

So, I am pretty sure they will offer free dining to the public as they usually do around the dates of 8/18-9/28 if not more. Just to pass this info on good luck everyone!

Melissa
Cool! Glad it worked out!

I don't know about public FD... they usually offer it at the beginning of the year too and haven't. It's been rumored that S/P/D is the new public FD and FD will be restricted to pins and BB I'll keep my fingers crossed for it though!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

So just curious if there are any regulars on this page. How much of a difference is the S/P/D to the FD deal? My budget for on site is roughly $2500 and we'd really like the dining plan..but at this point if we don't get a discount its $3000 for Value stay...which is to much over budget for me to play around with (we'll still need to add flights to our trip).
So all I need really is SOME type of deal for August that drops a minimum of $500 from whats being listed. Of course the more dropped the more 'extra's' we can buy while we are there...so really Diseny gets my $$$ either way as long as I get this trip.
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymanda View Post
So just curious if there are any regulars on this page. How much of a difference is the S/P/D to the FD deal? My budget for on site is roughly $2500 and we'd really like the dining plan..but at this point if we don't get a discount its $3000 for Value stay...which is to much over budget for me to play around with (we'll still need to add flights to our trip).
So all I need really is SOME type of deal for August that drops a minimum of $500 from whats being listed. Of course the more dropped the more 'extra's' we can buy while we are there...so really Diseny gets my $$$ either way as long as I get this trip.
The S/P/D has adults paying child prices on the DP and tickets... so instead of being free adults would pay $15 or so per night. Ticket prices really don't save much, but the S/P/D can save you about $600 at a value.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: