Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #61
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

What a strange morning you had!!!! Sorry to hear that Donald was being difficult, hopefully he got his act together soon and you were able to get FP's more easily!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #62
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

You crack me up!
I'm glad I don't rent a car when I go, I would end up telling the counter employee that if they asked if I wanted one more thing I would walk away and rent from another company. Sales calls get two no's then I hang up.
Unleaded coffee to start your day?! Yeah that would be rough
DM and I had APs that wouldn't work in the FP machines. So frustrating!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #63
amazingact21
Upendi

Wow, that was an interesting start to your Epcot day.

I can't believe that guy would call anyone out like that and claim "DUI" in a crowd of people. Talk about throwing out accusations....

I would've been so creeped out by that woman grabbing my shoulder. Just because you're in a theme park with a million other tourists doesn't mean you can hang on to complete strangers. Yikes.

Those guests waiting for FPs will trample you if your tickets don't work immediately! It can be a scary endeavor. Glad you got your passes and moved on to a pretty relaxing ride.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #64
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I want more Tell me what happened next
Yeah - me too! Seriously. More!

DUI? Are you kidding? Who says stuff like that? Apparently crotchety old men. I am glad you got the AP all straightened out. Woo hoo for a July trip!

You drank decaf and survived? I would have had to ask for a third cup to mix them. You are far too kind.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 12-16-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #65
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

How completely creepy is weird Packer Fan lady?! Stranger Danger indeed!

I'm glad to hear that Captain Oblivious CM is still working the FP machines at Soarin' on Thanksgiving! Good for him! He was there last year as well, however my DD who had run for the FPs succumbed to the angry mob, and left the line without getting me a FP. Yes, my pass did not work. Color me shocked.

You may also be interested to know that his cousin Just Ignorinya was doing a bang up job at the BTMRR FP machines on Turkey day as well.

And thanks for the heads up on old crotchety man. Our state also issues licenses for up to 10 years before you have to renew. I'll have to be sure to take good care of mine lest I be accused of having a DUI.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #66
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I almost spit out my soup when I read the title. I am clearly loving the theme. Now I have to know-- how do you feel about Love Actually? 'Cause I have to watch it while I wrap Christmas presents, and I have to cry at the end. Just needing to see if we should investigate whether or not we were separated at birth.

What strange encounters you had that morning! I tend to get a lot of attention when I wear Cubs stuff in the parks. It always surprises me because I kind of forget that I'm wearing it since it's not really novel to me. People rarely physically assault me because of it though.

Yay Nemo!

More please.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #67
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

What a weird morning! There's just way too much to comment on, except...you prefer Dunkin' over Starbucks? I mean, I like some Dunkin' coffee, but their drinks, like lattes and all that basically suck. I'd give anything for a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks right now...

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #68
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

This picture stood out to me. I was last there on Fourth of July, and that place was hoppin' with music and movement! The whole lawn was full of people having much fun.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #69
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

First off aajkytxkalwyqxpthvklghhhh!!!!!!
Empire Records is my favourite movie in the world!!!!!
'We mustn't dwell... no, not today. We CAN'T. Not on Rex Manning day'
Although I used to like Max Caulfield after I saw Grease 2 but he is such a creep as Rex haha kind of ruins it.

I must say that your cat is amazing!

Ah the rental car desk, where the answer to all questions is always NO!!

Gotta creepy stranger encounters, really not a trip to WDW without them
Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #70
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Basically what I got from this update was this: yall had a WEIRD morning!
You have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I want more Tell me what happened next
Okay okay! I promise an update this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
What a strange morning you had!!!! Sorry to hear that Donald was being difficult, hopefully he got his act together soon and you were able to get FP's more easily!!
It was a very weird morning. I was very sad that Donald didn't want to cooperate anymore. I was depressed at the thought of having to get another AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
You crack me up!
I'm glad I don't rent a car when I go, I would end up telling the counter employee that if they asked if I wanted one more thing I would walk away and rent from another company. Sales calls get two no's then I hang up.
Unleaded coffee to start your day?! Yeah that would be rough
DM and I had APs that wouldn't work in the FP machines. So frustrating!
Hahaha, glad that you find me humorous.

I just hold my ground with it. It really doesn't bother me all the offerings, I just find it humorous that they continue to ask questions. Haha.

Caffeine actually doesn't do anything for me. I am one of those lucky or unlucky people that can drink coffee and go straight to sleep.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #71
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Wow, that was an interesting start to your Epcot day.

I can't believe that guy would call anyone out like that and claim "DUI" in a crowd of people. Talk about throwing out accusations....

I would've been so creeped out by that woman grabbing my shoulder. Just because you're in a theme park with a million other tourists doesn't mean you can hang on to complete strangers. Yikes.

Those guests waiting for FPs will trample you if your tickets don't work immediately! It can be a scary endeavor. Glad you got your passes and moved on to a pretty relaxing ride.
That's a good way to put it. Haha. It was definitely interesting.

The DUI thing was so interesting and strange! I was so surprised like "did he really just say that.....really?!"

Normally, I am really good at combatting the crazy fastpass crowds. But they were breathing down my neck this time. I didn't know how much longer I could take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah - me too! Seriously. More!

DUI? Are you kidding? Who says stuff like that? Apparently crotchety old me. I am glad you got the AP all straightened out. Woo hoo for a July trip!

You drank decaf and survived? I would have had to ask for a third cup to mix them. You are far too kind.
Hahaha, I will try to accommodate this weekend. I promise!

I am not kidding you. It was pretty hilarious.

I did drink decaf and survive. Caffeine actually does nothing for me at all. I'm one of those weird people. I could down espresso and then....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
How completely creepy is weird Packer Fan lady?! Stranger Danger indeed!

I'm glad to hear that Captain Oblivious CM is still working the FP machines at Soarin' on Thanksgiving! Good for him! He was there last year as well, however my DD who had run for the FPs succumbed to the angry mob, and left the line without getting me a FP. Yes, my pass did not work. Color me shocked.

You may also be interested to know that his cousin Just Ignorinya was doing a bang up job at the BTMRR FP machines on Turkey day as well.

And thanks for the heads up on old crotchety man. Our state also issues licenses for up to 10 years before you have to renew. I'll have to be sure to take good care of mine lest I be accused of having a DUI.
On top of that lady grabbing my shoulder, she was kind of crazy looking too. I didn't want to judge prematurely, but she was crazy. That was my opinion.

Captain Oblivious CM is always around, isn't he? I just don't understand. Maybe because I am not oblivious at all ever. So I don't get when people don't notice things.

Hahahaha. My license is getting up there in age too, so I need to make sure I take really good care of it so I don't get accused of getting a DUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I almost spit out my soup when I read the title. I am clearly loving the theme. Now I have to know-- how do you feel about Love Actually? 'Cause I have to watch it while I wrap Christmas presents, and I have to cry at the end. Just needing to see if we should investigate whether or not we were separated at birth.

What strange encounters you had that morning! I tend to get a lot of attention when I wear Cubs stuff in the parks. It always surprises me because I kind of forget that I'm wearing it since it's not really novel to me. People rarely physically assault me because of it though.

Yay Nemo!

More please.
Hahahaha, I knew my friend that you would love my titles. They will continue, so make sure you stay tuned.

I have seen Love Actually, but only a few times. I must watch it again. I did like it very much though. But I'm also in love with Colin Firth so.........

I always get TONS of attention when I wear Packer gear. It's so strange to me. You're right, it seems like such a novelty to some people. And then to stop someone. Just weird. Haha. A thumbs up would have been fine!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #72
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
What a weird morning! There's just way too much to comment on, except...you prefer Dunkin' over Starbucks? I mean, I like some Dunkin' coffee, but their drinks, like lattes and all that basically suck. I'd give anything for a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks right now...
Hahaha. I know, I chocked that update full of text, didn't I!

Okay.....let me explain. For straight up coffee, I am a Dunkin' Donuts girl. Because that's my preference, just regular old coffee. When it comes to foo foo drinks, then yes Starbucks wins. But from Dunkin', I just like plain old hot coffee with cream and sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
This picture stood out to me. I was last there on Fourth of July, and that place was hoppin' with music and movement! The whole lawn was full of people having much fun.
That must have been a blast! We're going over the fourth of July next year, so that should be a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
First off aajkytxkalwyqxpthvklghhhh!!!!!!
Empire Records is my favourite movie in the world!!!!!
'We mustn't dwell... no, not today. We CAN'T. Not on Rex Manning day'
Although I used to like Max Caulfield after I saw Grease 2 but he is such a creep as Rex haha kind of ruins it.

I must say that your cat is amazing!

Ah the rental car desk, where the answer to all questions is always NO!!

Gotta creepy stranger encounters, really not a trip to WDW without them
Woo hoo! Another Empire Records fan. I'm not gonna lie, that movie was my life when I was a teenager. So amazing amazing amazing. And, I just happened to be walking around today saying......"Not on Rex Manning day!" Hahaha.

Tigger is pretty amazing. And crabby at times. LOL.

I have a stranger encounter every time I go to WDW. You're absolutely right, it wouldn't be the same without them.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 12-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #73
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

No, We Mustn't Dwell, No, No, Not Today, We Can't... Not On Rex Manning Day!

"No, We Mustn't Dwell, No, No, Not Today, We Can't... Not On Rex Manning Day!"
Mark - Empire Records

Day 1 - Thursday November 22, 2012

Well, I can't honestly say that it was Rex Manning day on this day, but it sure as heck was Via Napoli pizza day! Woo hoo! We're getting there. Let's just go with it.

We had just ended our ride at the Seas with Nemo and Friends. We didn't do anything more exciting like Mission: Space, because Jeni gets some motion sickness and didn't have the opportunity to take any Dramamine. So what were we going to do in the meantime?

Why see some jellies!

We decided that we would do Turtle Talk with Crush. I explained to Jeni what it was without revealing too much to her.

She loved it! Now, we say dude all the time, so of course we absolutely appreciate this show. But the funniest part?

Hahaha. So I'm sure that you've seen it before and the kids shout out what it is. Well, some kids were saying it was a bikini top. So Crush asked "what is a bikini top like?" The kids are shouting "a brrrraaaa!!!!" Crush goes, "oh, you mean like a good friend of yours? What's up bra?"

Jeni and I could not stop laughing about that one. It's so true. So so true.

Jeni said it was one of her favorite things for the day. It was a good day so far obviously, and it had just started!

Susan (jecskc here on the DIS) and I had been texting a little that morning because we were both going to be in Epcot that day. I knew they had their breakfast at Akershus that morning and we had our early lunch at Via Napoli, so we were hoping to fit a meet in between there at some point.

Since I hadn't heard from Susan yet that they had finished their breakfast, we headed in Imagination.

When we got in line, I had to relive with Jeni a story about what happened with Joaquin on this ride. Just for those of you who didn't follow my TR from last July, when we got on this ride, we hopped on with Joaquin, my then 3 year old nephew, and my brother Jason. Jason goes to put his arm on the back of the car, and unceremoniously hits Joaquin in the face with his elbow (no, Joaquin was not harmed). To which Joaquin says to Jason "OOOHHH! YOU JACKED ME RIGHT IN THE FACE!"

The entire loading area cracked up, because that's not something you hear from a 3 year old very often. Jeni laughed about it, because it's something she's very used to with him. Hahaha. Sorry, I just love that story!

Follow the bouncing Figment!

Figment butt. Hahaha.

While in the gift shop, I had to take a photo reminder of what I was going to buy my Mom on this trip. She's a massive Figment fan. And who doesn't love nerds?!

While we were on the ride, I got a text from Susan that they had just finished up their breakfast at Akershus. I told her where we were and decided to meet in front of the Land, because they were heading there to use their Soarin' fastpasses.

Sure enough, just as we got there, they were waiting. I told her to make sure she wasn't running over any innocent bystanders with her scooter.

Of course we had to take a picture. Jeni took ours from the side with my phone, so they're not straight on. But you get the gist.

Oh, and yes, I was wearing a "Green and Gold Swag" shirt. Yes, that is in reference to the fact that I'm a huge Packer fan.

Susan loves the fact that I make absolutely ridiculous faces all the time in my pictures on my TR's, so we had to take a silly face photo.

Here are Susan's pictures of our meet, taken by her son. From the front, so they're way better. Haha.

It was so nice to meet them! Susan and her family were so nice, and I'm glad that we were able to meet, even if it was only for a few minutes.

So, I had explained to Jeni the whole thing about our online community of friends, and the DISmeets that we would possibly be having on this trip. She told me that she absolutely loved the fact that we had a community of people that all adored Disney and she thought it was so cool to be able to meet people. She told me after the fact that she absolutely loved those parts of our trip. She got it. You guys know full well there are a lot of people out there that don't understand us. It's always so nice to find someone who does.

We decided to start heading over to our lunch reservation, because it was already coming up on that time. I also wanted to be able to wander through World Showcase a little slowly on our way to Italy, so Jeni could take it all in.

Everyone's favorite fountain.

The Epcot tree.

We made it to our final destination by 11:25am. They were getting ready for the first seating of the day, since the restaurant opens at 11:30am.

I was soooo excited, you have no idea! There were a lot of people there for the first seating. However, that's not really surprising considering it was a holiday weekend.

As always, in Disney, remember to look up!

Jeni was very excited for her first Disney meal of the trip.

Via Napoli menu for those who are not familiar.

We decided to order a pizza to share and to order an appetizer as well.

For our appetizer, we got the arancini.

Oh......em.......gee......this was amazing! Like, I wanted to just keep eating it and eating it. What are they you ask?

Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu $11.00

I highly recommend these. To put things into perspective, Jeni is not a very brave eater. She tends to be a bit on the picky side, but she told me on this trip she was going to try to do some new things. This counts as one of them. She loved them. They are so heavenly. Just beware everyone, they are super hot. You might burn your tongue when you eat them. I'm not going to say that's what happened to me.......

And of course, the coup de grace....

Margherita - tomato, mozzarella, basil

Margherita pizza. In a word? Heavenly. It is seriously some of the best pizza I've had. Let's remember, I am from Chicagoland. We know a thing or two about pizza, but this stuff was amazing. The tomato sauce had a sweetness to it that to me made the whole thing. Jeni agreed, she absolutely adored it too. Our overall rating for this meal? It definitely got five stars from us. We both agreed that this restaurant would be on our list for July.

Some of the beautiful architecture in Italy.

Up next: Soarin'!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 12-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #74
katt789
DIS Veteran

I MADE IT!!! I seriously have no idea how I missed it in the TR board, wow, go Katt! *derp*

What's with today today?! Ahh, my old manager used to say that all the time, good times!

Looks like a pretty good first day, you guys certainly got in late, but totally worth it to have that nice early morning the next day, and not have to take off more work time. Boardwalk's so pretty!! I do want to stay there someday, goal: stay at all of the disney resorts at least once!

Epcot is so pretty! Love love love it! Via Napoli is definitely on my list of restaurants to try! I was going to do it on my November trip, but lucked out with Le Cellier instead, bahah!

Can't wait to read more!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #75
Djjsperry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789
I MADE IT!!! I seriously have no idea how I missed it in the TR board, wow, go Katt! *derp*

What's with today today?! Ahh, my old manager used to say that all the time, good times!

Looks like a pretty good first day, you guys certainly got in late, but totally worth it to have that nice early morning the next day, and not have to take off more work time. Boardwalk's so pretty!! I do want to stay there someday, goal: stay at all of the disney resorts at least once!

Epcot is so pretty! Love love love it! Via Napoli is definitely on my list of restaurants to try! I was going to do it on my November trip, but lucked out with Le Cellier instead, bahah!

Can't wait to read more!
Would love to meet. We are planning our next trip in June. I will live another trip thru you keep up the trip reports, just love them
Djjsperry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: