Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #136
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Thats just complicated BS in my opinion HA!
Agreed. Seems to me, it would be much easier for the owner to tell each of his servers that he will pay then X amount for the hours that they work. This amount should be at least minimum wage. Then, if the server does a great job and the patron sees fit, he can receive a tip in the amount that the patron believes the server is deserving. No more making the patron feel guilty if the server takes 30 minutes to greet the table, leaves the drinks empty, brings out the food cold, etc. No more servers having to worry about bills if the patron doesn't leave any tip.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #137
starjazz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by codimouse View Post
Not hard. Kind of like a swat with my food still placed on the pedestals of my chair.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Oh, heck, don't be shy. I'd have put that woman down with a stun gun.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #138
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

Even where I work if I am on site, I am expect to behave a certain way. On duty or not. You are still representing the brand, so to speak.
Exactly! It wasn't that the CMs wanted to see the show....of course they are entitled to enjoy themselves as guests! It was the eye rolling and rude behavior that was wrong. I was a flight attendant for 9 years and when I used my travel privileges I had to dress and behave a certain way. (I.e. If a paying customer wanted me to take their middle seat I HAD to &I had to ask if there "was enough" when offered a meal). If she was going to behave rudely, like laughing at group of people who are asking her to sit or move... It was just kind of dumb of her to ADMIT she was a CM!

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #139
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

LOL, I"m going switch gears for a moment and revert back to standing during parades from tipping, travel books, and whatever i missed.

IMO, if you get there early enough, you have every right to stand during the parade. Not only is it a "first come, first serve" basis, but also, when I'm at Disney, and I'm at a parade I'm not just gonna sit there like a stick in the mud. I like to stand, take pictures, dance with the music, get the character's attention and have a good time!! Thats what these parades are about and while some people just like to sit there all mellow and not participate in the fun, I like to get into the show, no matter where I'm viewing from! It's like the lyrics state,"hey! get up!!! get loud!! start pumpin' up the party now!!"

That being said, if there's a small child near or beside me that can't see and there's room in front of me, or near me, I don't mind letting them beside me if one of their parents asks.

Also, its like everybody else said, if you want a good viewing spot?? Then get there early enough and wait like everyone else

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #140
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Are we still tlaking about people who show up to parades late and think they are entitled to the same view as those who showed up before them?

Old 11-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #141
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Closed as the discussion has drifted off topic.

Please note that tipping discussions should take place on the dining board. Please read the sticky before posting however.

General discussions about different cultures should be posted on the main Community board.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: