Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #31
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I'm actually hoping our upcoming meal there is paced fairly quickly.

We have a 5 pm ADR on a MVMCP night and would like to make the castle lighting ceremony at 6:15.
I wouldn't count on making it to Main Street in that amount of time even if I were eating at Captain Cook's. You will have to wait for the monorail; ride the monorail; walk from the station to the security booth; pass through security; go through the turnstile and walk at least part way down Main Street. I would want to leave my table no later than 5:45, and that would be pushing it. You will have to be seated pretty much right away, which at 'Ohana, is never a sure thing. It might be doable. But it is by no means a guarantee.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #32
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to say that even though they might serve fast, there's pretty much no way you can get seated, eat, pay, and get back to MK in time for the 6:15 castle lighting ceremony.
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #33
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I'm going to say that even though they might serve fast, there's pretty much no way you can get seated, eat, pay, and get back to MK in time for the 6:15 castle lighting ceremony.
I totally agree with this. You might want to bump that reservation to earlier if possible.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #34
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

5:00 is the earliest they have.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #35
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Quote:
Well, guess the castle lighting will have to be another night! Ohana does have great food, so it is still worth a trip even if they are trying to get you out the door.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #36
A&M's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not always. We have a 4:40 reservation on Christmas Eve. I saw a 4:30 available for our arrival night, which is Dec. 19th.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #37
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Why did I know that that would be the first response?

All Disney restaurants are expensive. That argument just doesn't fly.

It should be run better? Some folks complain the food comes too fast. Some folks complain the food comes too slow. How should they run things so everyone is happy all of the time.

The food isn't good? Maybe not to your tastes, but given that the place is packed every night, and lots of folks are repeat visitors, obviously not everyone feels as you do.

If you have a problem with the service at any restaurant, the time to make a complaint is when the issue arises. In the case of the OP, it is very easily handled to avoid the unfortunate dining experience that they had.
My sentiments exactly. We are here now, will eat there next wed. We've never had a bad meal or experience there. Our server always adjusts the timing according to our needs - want med rare steak, that's what they bring, etc. Really love it
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #38
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
My sentiments exactly. We are here now, will eat there next wed. We've never had a bad meal or experience there. Our server always adjusts the timing according to our needs - want med rare steak, that's what they bring, etc. Really love it
Yes, right. Any time anyone has had a bad experience at 'Ohana, it is their own fault because they didn't manage their server or their dining experience properly.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #39
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

We always book 'Ohana. We haven't been rushed there, but if we were, I would ask to slow it down, but we go to Texas de Brazil and it's close to the same concept. We have an advantage, though. I am allergic to gluten so they make mine special for me. The servers slow the rest down to match mine, I think because they work very hard at every restaurant to serve us at the same time. DD loves certain things (noodles and potstickers the most) and they even bring her extra bowls of them. There was a man hosting the coconut races and entertaining on our last trip. I will say we prefer him to the lady. She is good, but he is better. He seemed to make it more fun for everyone, not just the kids.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #40
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I really didn' t want to get into this again but. On Nov 7 we were seated at a great table at 8:30 right next to the windows. Great view, Wishes was over but still a great table. We got our bread. And we waited. Finally we got the salad. After the salad DH went to the rest room telling me not to eat all the wings! Haaha. Well he came back and no wings. I went to the restroom with the same warning. Came back to no wings! Finally they arrived. The noodles were cold but we didn't want to fill up on them anyway. So no big deal. We waited and along comes the chicken. We each get one piece. We eat it and wait again. The shrimp come and I don't eat seafood so they pile up shrimp on DH plate. As I watch him eat he says the shrimp are so salty he can hardly eat them. But he feels guilty that they gave him so many that he wants to eat them. REALLY stupid DH! Lol BTW I am still watching not eating! So along comes some pork. We each get a piece and I hate it. The old version was so much better. He says it is ok and eats it. Next comes our server Brittney and says are we ready for the fantastic dessert. I have to tell her we have not had any steak yet. She scurries off and brings us steak. I ask for more well done and she gives me 2 hershey kiss sized pieces. DH gets a couple pieces. The first one is good the 2nd is fatty. The dessert comes and it is good but we were so dissapointed in the meal we just wanted to get out of there! It was now 10:10 pm. Almost 2 hours!! Then the annoying hula lady stops us on the way out and tries to get us to hula. I wanted to slap her. Only kidding ...sort of! We have had great dinners here but this one was torture!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #41
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Wanted to say that we have had great dinners here many times. The last good time was March. But this last time was sooo bad. I am gonna give it a while before I try again. I hate to do it because it is a family fav. but Nov. was just soo bad!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #42
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
Yes, right. Any time anyone has had a bad experience at 'Ohana, it is their own fault because they didn't manage their server or their dining experience properly.
Seems like some people just like to find fault! As minnie mum said, if you have a problem, handle it there, don't just sit and stew on it for hours, days, months, whatever.

We are down here for 10 days X3 each year with lots of TS restaurants. We go in with smiles and kindness and we have always received the same in return.

An example - A lady yest. morn. at CP (next to us in center) loudly proclaimed over and over that they were being *missed* by the characters because they were going toward the side after leaving us (her son, about 8 looked pained). She did this for each character even though they caught her table on the way back on the other side. On the other side of us, a couple with a shy toddler kept trying to get pictures with the character when he was at the next table ( the CM had to constantly remind them that their turn was coming - they said they were just letting their son get *adjusted* to them.) Now she will probably get on the Dis and proclaim how *rude* the CM was to them. A lot of times we receive what we give.

Anyway, there are always two sides to a story, and on the Dis you hear only *one* side.

And, we have choices, if we don't like what we receive somewhere, we don't have to return there. We don't enjoy German food, so we won't be back. Was it bad, no, just not our tastes.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #43
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
I really didn' t want to get into this again but. On Nov 7 we were seated at a great table at 8:30 right next to the windows. Great view, Wishes was over but still a great table. We got our bread. And we waited. Finally we got the salad. After the salad DH went to the rest room telling me not to eat all the wings! Haaha. Well he came back and no wings. I went to the restroom with the same warning. Came back to no wings! Finally they arrived. The noodles were cold but we didn't want to fill up on them anyway. So no big deal. We waited and along comes the chicken. We each get one piece. We eat it and wait again. The shrimp come and I don't eat seafood so they pile up shrimp on DH plate. As I watch him eat he says the shrimp are so salty he can hardly eat them. But he feels guilty that they gave him so many that he wants to eat them. REALLY stupid DH! Lol BTW I am still watching not eating! So along comes some pork. We each get a piece and I hate it. The old version was so much better. He says it is ok and eats it. Next comes our server Brittney and says are we ready for the fantastic dessert. I have to tell her we have not had any steak yet. She scurries off and brings us steak. I ask for more well done and she gives me 2 hershey kiss sized pieces. DH gets a couple pieces. The first one is good the 2nd is fatty. The dessert comes and it is good but we were so dissapointed in the meal we just wanted to get out of there! It was now 10:10 pm. Almost 2 hours!! Then the annoying hula lady stops us on the way out and tries to get us to hula. I wanted to slap her. Only kidding ...sort of! We have had great dinners here but this one was torture!
In all our trips, have never had anywhere near your experience (not saying you didn't). But, one thing for sure, IF we did, I wouldn't wait for the *full* scenario, I would get it straightened out with a manager, pronto Why wait, and let it ruin your whole meal/experience
Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #44
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Anyway, there are always two sides to a story, and on the Dis you hear only *one* side.
this is a bit of a stretch. in this thread alone, there are a bunch of people saying they have had problems at 'Ohana and a bunch of other people saying they are wrong. By wrong, I mean saying things like "i've been there 20 times and nothing bad ever happened" or "you should have spoken up and fixed it on the spot."

It's incredibly presumptuous and imo rude to be telling people who had a bad experience that they didn't handle it well.

Personally, I've been to a lot of restaurants in a lot of places. Far more than most people. 'Ohana has a poor service level, in my opinion. Others like it...that's great. But, the poor service **I've** received at 'Ohana is not my fault. It's theirs.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #45
brobrosmom
DIS Veteran

We tried Ohana's for the first time in January. I don't remember the service so it couldn't have been bad but we just didn't think the food was all that great. At the end of the meal DH and I both agreed that we were glad we tried it but probably wouldn't be back again.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: