Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #16
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
+ 1 for Konas over Ohana's. But not everyone can know this or Kona's will get busy
who is Ohana?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs

who is Ohana?
Lol, families's???
I have always used the ownership when saying it an writing it. Weird.

Grammar police, back off sucka or i be likely to pop a cap in ya, comprendo padre?
Arrrgh! Shiver me timbers ya boot swaddled bilge rat!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #18
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

I love 'Ohana! I wish we did have reservations for this trip coming up. Because we booked the trip last minute I couldn't get in. We leave on Monday and I'm going to attempt a walk up and see if we can get in. This is by far my favorite restaurant and it makes our trip.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #19
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I'm sorry, but I just don't see why this has to be a problem. When our server wanted to start adding dishes to our table when we had just started our salads I just asked him to wait until we were finished our salads. He complied. Problem solved. Why let it get to the point that it is spoiling your dining experience?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #20
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I'm sorry, but I just don't see why this has to be a problem. When our server wanted to start adding dishes to our table when we had just started our salads I just asked him to wait until we were finished our salads. He complied. Problem solved. Why let it get to the point that it is spoiling your dining experience?
Shouldn't need to have that conversation. It's a pricey restaurant and should be run much better. (also, the food is not very good).
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
Shouldn't need to have that conversation. It's a pricey restaurant and should be run much better. (also, the food is not very good).
Why did I know that that would be the first response?

All Disney restaurants are expensive. That argument just doesn't fly.

It should be run better? Some folks complain the food comes too fast. Some folks complain the food comes too slow. How should they run things so everyone is happy all of the time.

The food isn't good? Maybe not to your tastes, but given that the place is packed every night, and lots of folks are repeat visitors, obviously not everyone feels as you do.

If you have a problem with the service at any restaurant, the time to make a complaint is when the issue arises. In the case of the OP, it is very easily handled to avoid the unfortunate dining experience that they had.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why did I know that that would be the first response?

All Disney restaurants are expensive. That argument just doesn't fly.

It should be run better? Some folks complain the food comes too fast. Some folks complain the food comes too slow. How should they run things so everyone is happy all of the time.

The food isn't good? Maybe not to your tastes, but given that the place is packed every night, and lots of folks are repeat visitors, obviously not everyone feels as you do.

If you have a problem with the service at any restaurant, the time to make a complaint is when the issue arises. In the case of the OP, it is very easily handled to avoid the unfortunate dining experience that they had.
thanks for the lecture.

I don't like the place and I've explained why. lots of others do like it and that's great.

not sure why the defensive tone. if i don't like a place, it is ok for me to not go there. it is also ok for me to say i don't like it. whether i complain at the time or not is up to me and independent from either of those things.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #23
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

I think the food is great but its way too fast. Had to keep sending wings, noodles and potstickers back because they got cold sitting on the table waiting for us to finish our salad. Got hit twice with a coconut and a broom handle since we got seated on the "racetrack". We will give it another shot in a year or two but if things are not different then we will not return.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #24
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
that is what i did the last two times i ate there.
the server didn't have any problem with that request.

we were all happy that each dish that came to the table was hot and timed for when we were ready for it.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #25
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
At our last breakfast we felt a bit rushed actually.

Maybe they were swamped?
They're always swamped. It appears they are full every night and people are still clamoring for reservations. It is not surprising that they would try to turn tables as quickly as possible. This is usually what happens at extremely popular Disney restaurants.

If you know to ask the server to take it slow, you should not have a problem. Personally I think they are instructed to serve like that, either in the spirit of a "family style" meal, or to get guests moving quicker. Or both.

'Ohana is a Hawaiian word, it's not a name. But everybody writes it different ways and if we know what you are talking about, no big deal.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 11-29-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #26
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Yep, the key for employees at the popular Disney restaurants is to turn the tables quickly. More tips at the end of the evening and management clearly wants to run as many people through the restaurant as is possible.

They do the same thing at CRT now. They told my disabled parents to "Hurry up and sit down". Sorry, not our style of dining. We simply refuse to go to places like this where it's -- rush you in, rush you out, collect the tip and repeat.

Most Disney restaurants are now just like the attractions -- the keys are line management and quickly moving the crowds through. I half expect to see fast passes soon for popular dining venues.

Anyway, as for 'Ohana, once was more than enough. And, it had nothing to do with the pacing of the meal. It was the food. We thought it was very poor quality.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #27
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just don't see why this has to be a problem. When our server wanted to start adding dishes to our table when we had just started our salads I just asked him to wait until we were finished our salads. He complied. Problem solved.
Yours complied. Mine had a big problem with the concept. Why, as a paying customer, should I have to play tug-of-war with the server who resists my explicit instructions to pace the meal more leisurely? I don't need that level of stress when I am trying to enjoy a nice meal with my family. If I could be assured of having a server who "complied", I might consider a return visit. But I can't, so I won't.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #28
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

They are trying to turn the tables over way too quickly. We had the same issue.They dropped off all of the food at once, then we never saw them again. We were not offered all of the selections and we never got drink refills or anything. After they dumped everything on the table they kept coming back to see if we were finished. We felt very rushed, we asked to slow down to no avail. I will still go back though we do love the food.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #29
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post

Most Disney restaurants are now just like the attractions -- the keys are line management and quickly moving the crowds through. I half expect to see fast passes soon for popular dining venues.
I think you got this backwards. Doesn't the new fastpass+ system institute ADR's for all the rides?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #30
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

I'm actually hoping our upcoming meal there is paced fairly quickly.

We have a 5 pm ADR on a MVMCP night and would like to make the castle lighting ceremony at 6:15.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: