Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #1336
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post

Isn't it great when plans come together?
Definitely! The last hold out was I could not get a standard @ Jambo on Jan 2. First I had it at an offsite hotel, then in a standard at Kidani, then a savannah at Jambo, then a value. I had pretty much given up as I realized any cancellations people made now would go into holding so I would not likely see many more openings pop up. Low and behold I happened to check the site tonight after supper and there it was! I had it waitlisted, but it did not come through - I found it first....

I am just glad we don't have to change rooms for just one night - that would have been annoying
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #1337
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
We are driving down 95 right now!!!! Horray!!!!!!
Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Unrelated question - I have a Nikon D40 and I accidentally turned on the histograms. Now when I look at the pics I took they're completely covered and I can't figure out how to turn it off. No idea what I even hit. Any ideas?
I have a Canon......can you look under one of the menus? Okay, I googled it and this is what they say: Hit the 'play button' so you see the single image (with histogram). Then hit the 'up' or 'down' buttons on the wheel on the right side of the back of the camera. That cycles through two information screens, histogram and regular display. I had the same issue eariler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Another random note - got an email today from Flying Fish about a Veuve Cliquot (champagne maker) wine dinner. We get these all the time but since we live in DC they're not particularly useful. But this one is next Friday. Our last night.
I don't know what this is but it sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
Jordin Sparks ‏@JordinSparks
I'm so excited to be celebrating & singing for the new New Fantasyland expansion tomorrow at @WaltDisneyWorld! The fun starts at 9 am! :D
Retweeted by Walt Disney World

I love her...soooo wish I could be there...
I bet there will be all kinds of famous people there!
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #1338
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Is the website where you log in to view reservations down for anyone else? I've been trying to get in all night so I can do my online check in, but the page keeps saying it's down for maintenance. Refreshing my reservations doesn't do anything, either.
Down for updating - I need to print off all my ressie numbers.

Ok, so I'm almost packed, not quite but getting there. I've typed up the info sheet for my housesitter. Kitchen looks like a bomb went off in there so still have that to do.

All the dogs food is cooked, bagged in portions and in the freezer.

Camera is charging.

Not really sure what else to do at the moment.

Oh, LMGH are ready to be printed in the morning.

Chocolate still hasn't been found. There must be some in this house somewhere! Need it.
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #1339
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
I've packed quite a bit into our vacation too.....but it's just us two adults so hopefully we'll be okay and not too stressed.

I'll be doing the same......I don't know why we can't just do it ourselves online.......like I did when I paid off our balance for our package. Doesn't that make more sense?
I have no idea why we can't- perhaps because the balance isn't actually due until the day we are scheduled to arrive? However, I believe you can call Disney and give them the card numbers over the phone. It seems cumbersome but saves precious Disney time!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #1340
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Down for updating - I need to print off all my ressie numbers.

Ok, so I'm almost packed, not quite but getting there. I've typed up the info sheet for my housesitter. Kitchen looks like a bomb went off in there so still have that to do.

All the dogs food is cooked, bagged in portions and in the freezer.

Camera is charging.

Not really sure what else to do at the moment.

Oh, LMGH are ready to be printed in the morning.

Chocolate still hasn't been found. There must be some in this house somewhere! Need it.
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can email all of your ressies (including resort & activities) to yourself. In your browser under "file" there should be a command to email contents of the page. That saved me a ton of time, and then they're easy to carry!

Regarding the chocolate, I have been known to get into the chocolate chips out of desperation. Never tried the baking chocolate, though. Not yet!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #1341
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can email all of your ressies (including resort & activities) to yourself. In your browser under "file" there should be a command to email contents of the page. That saved me a ton of time, and then they're easy to carry!
Thats a FAB idea ... thank you!

Quote:

Regarding the chocolate, I have been known to get into the chocolate chips out of desperation. Never tried the baking chocolate, though. Not yet!
Been there! I love your honesty, I feel closer to you now
Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #1342
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Ok, kitchen is done. I am tired. Its 1.20am, should really go to bed. But I can still see stuff that needs doing.

I'm gonna miss my dogs while I'm gone
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #1343
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:

None of my choc chip cookies ever have the full recipe of chips in them.....the semi-sweet choc chips are perfect! They are antioxidants too.......so have a glass of red wine and some choc chips......be a healthier you.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #1344
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Rode TT yesterday

Never again will I try and post from DH's smart phone! I tried to post yesterday and wound up replying to another poster instead of a regular reply .

Anyway, got to ride TT yesterday twice and we loved it!

Sorry to make this short, DH is telling me it's time to get going. We have the steam train tour booked this morning over at MK. Almost time for the taxi pick up for us! This is also our last day in the parks . If I can, I'll try and post when we get back tonight (if the WiFi is working that is).

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #1345
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor
Regarding the chocolate, I have been known to get into the chocolate chips out of desperation. !
LOL! I've done the same

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #1346
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Good morning!!! Today is the day!
Good luck to all getting ready to travel this weekend. And safe trips to all heading out today - see you there!!!

I'll either be carrying an orange-ish Baggallini backpack (small) or a navy LLBean huge backpack. If I find a few extra minutes this morning I'll cut out or print out a LGMH (been meaning to do that all week....)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #1347
ksromack
DIS Veteran

2 days from now we'll be boarding our plan headed for MCO!

Arwen, are you packed?

Has everyone stocked up on Disney gift cards with the Target deal? Today is my last day of work until Dec 19th! Even though we've been packed for weeks I will still freak out tomorrow......had to wait until we got paid to do some things...namely stock up on GC! I need to touch up my hair color.....for some reason my hair is growing like crazy and I have a lovely 3/4" of new grey growth at my roots......we paid for PP+ so I'm not about to have a skunk streak! You know how those greys stand at attention with a flash?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #1348
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel
Good luck to all getting ready to travel this weekend. And safe trips to all heading out today - see you there!!!

I'll either be carrying an orange-ish Baggallini backpack (small) or a navy LLBean huge backpack. If I find a few extra minutes this morning I'll cut out or print out a LGMH (been meaning to do that all week....)

I did my lime green mixkey'a last night....I guess I'll need to find a way to attach them! I cut out some lime green heads out of fun foam so I'm thinking those will be more generic for future trips...plus they are waterproof! I'll put my user name in sharpie on them.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #1349
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post

So excited for you!!! Have a great trip!! I'll be looking for you, in 72 HOURS!!!!

Quote:
2 days from now we'll be boarding our plan headed for MCO!

Arwen, are you packed?

Has everyone stocked up on Disney gift cards with the Target deal? Today is my last day of work until Dec 19th! Even though we've been packed for weeks I will still freak out tomorrow......had to wait until we got paid to do some things...namely stock up on GC! I need to touch up my hair color.....for some reason my hair is growing like crazy and I have a lovely 3/4" of new grey growth at my roots......we paid for PP+ so I'm not about to have a skunk streak! You know how those greys stand at attention with a flash?
And looking for you, too!!!!!!! 72 hours for me...48 for you!!! We did the PP+ card, too...and now that you've said that, I feel like I need to get my hair cut...and lose 20lbs...
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #1350
molitva
Mouseketeer

Good morning! Reading this thread is like an emotional roller coaster:
Everyone who is at the parks is making me excited. Those leaving the parks to return home makes me sad because I know that'll be me way too soon. Everyone leaving to go to WDW is making me jealous. Wedgie not packed is making me nervous.

Does anyone else feel like they are a really terrible packer? I seem to pack a lot of stuff and never have anything to wear. For the past few months I've been justifying a lot of clothes purchases as "this will be great for Disney" but maybe it's going to be too warm for half the stuff I bought.

Did you see the videos of the dragon that flew over New Fantasyland last night? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqve5mPRK0c The video released by Disney is better, imo, but I can't find it this morning easily.

Edited to add: Here's Disney's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PrZXXM4J9Ps

Last edited by molitva; 12-06-2012 at 08:07 AM.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: