Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #1306
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Disney Mom
Quick question. I would love to live tweet but I am Canadian and do not feel like paying the crazy rates my carrier charges for US packages and roaming rates.

I understand that the parks actually have free wifi now. Does anyone have any experience using it? Does it work everywhere or just in certain hotspots?
I haven't had any trouble using it at MK, Epcot and DHS. Sometimes it drops but picks right back up. Also used it at Boardwalk and Beach/Yacht Club. It's got a pretty good range. Only dropped for a few minutes when I walked between the resorts.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #1307
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

ADR Advice?

Okay, I was finally able to access my ADRs online (I have been trying all day). Our travel party is myself, my DH, and DS (9) and we fly in at noon on 12/25.

We have eaten everywhere below before except for 'Ohana, Tusker House, and Cape May. I'd love to snag a Le Cellier lunch while they are still 1 credit and a Be Our Guest!

Here is what I have so far. What do you think? Keep in mind there is skim pickings right now

Date: Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Time: 8:00 p.m

Date: Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Time: 5:50 p.m.

Date: Thursday, December 27, 2012
Time: 6:15 p.m

Date: Friday, December 28, 2012
Time: 5:10 p.m.

Date: Saturday, December 29, 2012
Time: 5:35 p.m.

Date: Sunday, December 30, 2012
Time: 5:55 p.m.

Date: Monday, December 31, 2012 - this one is a lunch b/c we are going to the Heat/Magic game at 5PM
Time: 1:45 p.m.

Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Time: 7:15 p.m.

Date: Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Time: 5:25 p.m.

Date: Thursday, January 3, 2013
Time: 5:35 p.m.

Date: Friday, January 4, 2013
Time: 6:15 p.m.

Date: Saturday, January 5, 2013
Time: 4:25 p.m.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #1308
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor
Yep, it worked. I gave the checkout lady the GC and coupon, and she handed me a $10 Target gift card. I paid with the Red Card, checked the receipt and the GC was $48.00. They're going to be pretty tired of me after I go down to the desk at the YC and say, "Hey, can you please put these 20 GC on my account?" But, for 24% off everything we eat and buy, I'm willing to do it.

That's what I do, as well. Lots of times I'll park it in an area where we're going to be in & out of places and I just don't want to deal with it. But it made a HUGE difference for me, once I got over having to rent one in the first place.
That's great to know about the Target coupon! Guess I will be making a run there tomorrow. With the DxDDP I estimate we will have over $100 in tips and I will definitely stand in line at the front desk at AoA looking like an idiot to save 24% on our expenses!

Good to know about the EVC too, sissy found out from the podiatrist today that she tore her plantar fascia. She's in a boot now and SHOULD be ok by the time we leave in 2 weeks, but if it still hurts her to walk I will be renting her an EVC regardless of her being worried others in the park will just think she's lazy. Funny thing is, my littlest niece broke her foot three days before our 2010 family trip and was in a wheelchair the whole time!
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #1309
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

WOO-HOO FOR VALGOOF AND ONLINE CHECK-IN

YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!

So glad after all your 'will we, won't we' recently
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #1310
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Yep, it worked. I gave the checkout lady the GC and coupon, and she handed me a $10 Target gift card. I paid with the Red Card, checked the receipt and the GC was $48.00. They're going to be pretty tired of me after I go down to the desk at the YC and say, "Hey, can you please put these 20 GC on my account?" But, for 24% off everything we eat and buy, I'm willing to do it.
Just back from Target and they didn't even bat an eye. DH went with me and we were able to do 4 transactions. So tomorrow I need to find another computer to print off of and get another $50 card and then I'll have $50 in Target GC and turn around and put that onto yet another $50 disney card!!! Woohoo! $300 in gift cards for $250. I can handle that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
One and a half days!::

I put DD's outfits in labeled Ziplocs tonight, took out what I didn't think she'd need, and practically had to sit on the suitcase to close it! I told her, under no circumstances are you to open that suitcase! LOL

I have one more load of laundry to do. I packed all of DH's undies, and he says he's going commando. :P

The stomach bug is still going around our school. One of the teachers suggested Airborne and Emergen-C, so I'll go out tomorrow to try to find those.
lol! I thought I was the only one who packed their kiddos in ziplocs. My SIL thinks I'm nuts but one day when she has kids she'll understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

AND ...........

I'M STILL NOT PACKED
OMG!!!! I am breaking out in hives just thinking about that!!! STRESS!!!!! Go pack already!!!!!

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #1311
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
That pup was just meant to be yours :-)

And don't feel bad, I still haven't packed any clothes for me & I leave at 9am!!
HA! Thank you, that is very comforting

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy View Post

OMG!!!! I am breaking out in hives just thinking about that!!! STRESS!!!!! Go pack already!!!!!
Honestly, I think I love the chaos ..... I might pack in a minute ....
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #1312
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Don't know if everyone else knew this but I just noticed that the Castle light show runs twice - just before and just after Wishes (on nights with two parades).
Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #1313
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Kathy, was it you that asked about wine for sale? I just saw a few bottles for sale in our resort store (Boardwalk). Might be an option to check for a quick bottle.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #1314
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock
AND ...........

I'M STILL NOT PACKED
Ok, you KNOW I'm going to have nightmares over this now, don't you!!!!!!!
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #1315
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

We are driving down 95 right now!!!! Horray!!!!!!

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #1316
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
That's great to know about the Target coupon! Guess I will be making a run there tomorrow. With the DxDDP I estimate we will have over $100 in tips and I will definitely stand in line at the front desk at AoA looking like an idiot to save 24% on our expenses!

Good to know about the EVC too, sissy found out from the podiatrist today that she tore her plantar fascia. She's in a boot now and SHOULD be ok by the time we leave in 2 weeks, but if it still hurts her to walk I will be renting her an EVC regardless of her being worried others in the park will just think she's lazy. Funny thing is, my littlest niece broke her foot three days before our 2010 family trip and was in a wheelchair the whole time!
There is a sticky thread over in the disABILITIES forum all about ECV rentals, which have changed somewhat- only three companies deliver to the Disney resorts' bell services now (many of them did previously) so you don't have to be there when they drop it off. I'm renting from Apple, I believe beatlesblonde is as well. As for looking lazy, I don't look sick either, but I don't really feel like I get the stink eye from anyone. People seem pretty nice about it, I guess they figure I have my reasons.

Last edited by QueenElinor; 12-05-2012 at 10:35 PM.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #1317
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Aargh! Just realized The camera card reader is in the bedroom. And I'm afraid to go in there in case DS isn't totally asleep. *sigh* the trip is huge fun so far. Just wish I didn't feel quite so frazzled. I clearly need more sleep.

Unrelated question - I have a Nikon D40 and I accidentally turned on the histograms. Now when I look at the pics I took they're completely covered and I can't figure out how to turn it off. No idea what I even hit. Any ideas?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #1318
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Another random note - got an email today from Flying Fish about a Veuve Cliquot (champagne maker) wine dinner. We get these all the time but since we live in DC they're not particularly useful. But this one is next Friday. Our last night.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #1319
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Jordin Sparks ‏@JordinSparks
I'm so excited to be celebrating & singing for the new New Fantasyland expansion tomorrow at @WaltDisneyWorld! The fun starts at 9 am! :D
Retweeted by Walt Disney World

I love her...soooo wish I could be there...
Wendimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #1320
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We're here! Most of our stay is in a Cars suite at Art of Animation and it is amazing! We all love it! It is seriously a magical resort! I highly recommend it! I think we finally or the youngest down for a nap so my oldest & I are off to explore!
I'm sure that's where my sister will want to stay when she takes her brood....how many can the suites sleep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
OK - finally packed, told DH I was packed. He went into bedroom and picked up suitcase without checking if it were zipped. Guess what? It wasn't!!!!! Had to repack everything. Now I'm done. And suitcase is zipped shut!!!
Oops.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
What about an almost 40 yr old man from New England in a bikini?

Yeah... That's right. Drink it all in. All 300 lbs.
Give me a fair warning if you decide to swim at one of the pools at POR, mkay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Cute!

FYI - I saw a decorated balcony at BWV today. Right above the DVC model. So Im assuming they don't mind. Saw some doors too.
Doesn't that put you in a happy mood?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: