Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #571
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm up now. DH and DS made Monte cristos for brunch.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #572
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Okay, now that everyone's awake and has that first cup of coffee in hand, if you had a day with nothing planned and your whole family off to IOA, what would you do?

Sunday the 16th, that's me- I need help figuring out what to do (or not).

Thanks!
Mmm. Good question. I wouldn't go to IOA either. I think I would go to DTD and if it is a nice sunny warm afternoon (which I am believing for) I would grab an adult beverage (my choice - cold beer) and sit in the sun and watch the great entertainment they have at the band shell. They usually have talented kids performing - singing, dancing, etc. Ahh, wish I were there now. And, of course, people watch - nothing more entertaining than that.
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #573
Rags123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I saw that happen once. The CMs are prepared for it. It was super cute!
Ha! At least he won't be the first then!

So has anyone heard anyone more about the Fantasyland dragon thing? I've been distracted by Thanksgiving and kids' birthdays lately and haven't been keeping up on Disney rumors.
Rags123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #574
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Mmm. Good question. I wouldn't go to IOA either. I think I would go to DTD and if it is a nice sunny warm afternoon (which I am believing for) I would grab an adult beverage (my choice - cold beer) and sit in the sun and watch the great entertainment they have at the band shell. They usually have talented kids performing - singing, dancing, etc. Ahh, wish I were there now. And, of course, people watch - nothing more entertaining than that.
Oh- the entertainment/people watching is a great idea. Since I'm at the YC, I think what I could do is walk over to WS with Steve Soare's list of performances and concentrate on those all day. With an adult beverage- of course!

The live performers often get lost in the shuffle. This would be a perfect day to see them.

It turns out that the tour I would most want to see only happens during the Food & Wine Festival.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #575
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, this dog had that surgery, too. Actually, she's got another of those tumors, much smaller, that we're leaving alone for now. The problem with this particular surgery is that they remodeled her knee joint and put in plates & screws, so the recovery is considerably more difficult than from a straightforward excision.

I guess I feel guilty that the surgery is for me rather than her. She might have been ok limping around on a bad knee for the rest of her life- she's 11. I just hated to see her limp, and it seemed like she was kind of giving up.
I'm not sure I will want to repeat this if the other knee goes. But it's probably too early to say.... I just feel so sorry for the big girl!
I'm sure. I've had hardware in my elbow and that was horrible! You are a good doggie mom!

Quote:
That's great. My planned MK day didn't really give me a good time to see Enchanted Tales with Belle or the Little Mermaid, but with the FP+ it's going to work out well.

Ok, here's a question for all you December Dis-ers- if you had an entire day to yourself, what would you do? The family is going over to the dark side to see Harry Potter on Sunday the 16th and I have no plans whatsoever. We're staying at the YC.
I took some time to think about this. If I had the time I would have added a Keys to the Kingdom tour on this trip. I'd also probably take a book and just find a nice spot to sit and people watch for a few hours.
Have a nice lunch, by myself, somewhere that the rest of my party wouldn't care to go, find a spot in WS to grab an adult beverage, read and people watch. If it was warm enough, use the pool/hot tub.

The 16th is our unplanned day at this point. We will be at a park just not sure which one yet. We haven't made plans besides our breakfast ADR (not sure if it's going to be 'Ohana or Askershus) and HDDR for dinner.

Quote:
I'll be in jeans and t-shirts. I'll likely want a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt in the evening but Im always cold. dS will mostly be in pants and short-sleeves. Im sure DH will be in shorts. He's never cold.
That sounds like us. I'm always cold, he's always hot. I'll take a pair of shorts but I unless it's almost 80 I probably won't wear them. I'll also be packing a zip up fleece and a couple of sweatshirts for nights.

Quote:
Also, for the record, I'm still in bed with my iPad on the Dis. But I'm doing important FP+ research, so that's productive, right?
I just got up. I was on the Dis on my iPhone in bed until now. You were being productive. If DBF hadn't wanted breakfast I probably wouldn't have gotten up yet.

Now that I'm up, not sure what I want to do today.

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #576
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh- the entertainment/people watching is a great idea. Since I'm at the YC, I think what I could do is walk over to WS with Steve Soare's list of performances and concentrate on those all day. With an adult beverage- of course!

The live performers often get lost in the shuffle. This would be a perfect day to see them.

It turns out that the tour I would most want to see only happens during the Food & Wine Festival.
I agree - I think you should take the opportunity to totally relax, the rare opportunity to have a care-free day. Take a walk around the resorts on the lake, walk to WS and watch the entertainers, eat where ever, whatever you want. Sit and people watch. Just you and your thoughts, peace & quiet. It will be a wonderful day
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #577
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMom5

Yeah, I'm right behind you at 6AM tomorrow!!!!!
I guess I'm third in line with dinner time tomorrow.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Mom2Cody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #578
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabreu75

POFQ!!! So excited!!! Actually we are flying out of Philly at 8 tomorrow, but staying the night in Philly tonight!!
We spent the night at a park and ride in Philly last year. It was awesome!!

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 12-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #579
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMom5

We're leaving out of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton at 8. We're practically neighbors.
And I'm in Berks Cty so I'm close too. Sooo funny how we all live close and are leaving at practically the same time

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #580
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
And I'm in Berks Cty so I'm close too. Sooo funny how we all live close and are leaving at practically the same time
None of us want to face the reality that winter is upon us!

JoshMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #581
mabreu75
Earning My Ears

Wow!!! I'll see you in Disney!!
mabreu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #582
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So last night after we straightened out the FPs, DH asked to see the whole schedule. I always consult him on the details but he never pays attention to the whole schedule until the end. That's how I know it's close.

So we went over it and he says, "I don't understand this day. It looks like we don't have anything planned until evening." We'll, yeah - that's what makes this trip so great. So much time to just do whatever we want.

So nothing on my agenda for the next two days except finishing prepping and packing. I slept in a bit then spent an hour catching up on this thread. But that's part of trip planning, right?
Yes dear, it is called down time. I had the same problem with our MVMCP morning. We will be at MK EMH as late as I can stand it so I have nothing planned the next day until our 4:15 LTT ADR and then the party. DH wants to know why we arent doing anything that day. . We can do whatever we feel like, honey.

I LOVE hearing the countdowns in hours!!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #583
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

At the airport right now. Flight leaves in about an hour. We'll be checking into AOA in just a few hours and then dinner at Yachtsman. Soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
dnsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #584
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

We'll basketball practice this morning was horrible. The people never came to unlock the school so there are a ton of us out there with kindergarteners freezing out butts off. Ugh. But we are taking the kids family glow bowling this afternoon and tonight we are going to see Christmas Lights (as long as its not too cold since its a walk through). A little over 24 hours to go.

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 12-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #585
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While we're on the subject of pets, here's the big girl just home from the hospital:

Is that a pitiful pooch, or what?

I suspect this is why I just can't get in the Disney mood. But the vet says everything went well.
Poor poochie! I'm sure she'll be feeling better in a few days...it's hard to keep a dog down for long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Those sound great! I'm bummed this is after we leave.

I thought I read that they mail FP+ cards to you that get scanned when you go to each ride
Yes, I'm 7 days out right now, though...and we're technically NOT taking DME to our resort, but staying 1 night at Universal first. I think I did read that I can pick up fast pass card at MK City Hall and at DHS Guest Relations.....maybe a disney miracle will occur and the FP+ will be in my mailbox by friday!

Quote:
I don't want to FP Dumbo though. I want to check out the new queue.
Mmmmmmmmm I have chosen Little Mermaid as a FP. I should probably change that one since we want to enjoy the queue there too. What other ride gets long lines? Would Pooh be a good choice?

Quote:
Correct. No FP during the party.

So after I booked our FPs for our MK day, DH came home and said, "But don't you really want the preferred viewing for the parade?" Given that he could care less about parades, I was a little surprised. So we all sat down and reviewed the schedule. And after I played around with the FPs some more, I realized I could get them for the second MSEP on the 12th as well.

So I moved our artist Point reservations up to 5:30 and we'll go from there to see Wishes and the parade. And Wishes viewing lets you in at 7:30 so we'll be able to see the castle light show too. This was really the only part of my plan I wasn't happy with. The FPs made it perfect.
I'm glad it all worked out! I'm tickled with the addition of extra MSEPs. Now we have 2 times we can see it. I'm not choosing it as a FP, though. The night we will most likely do it is the night of our Dessert Party. Oh, gee, I wonder if that would be a better choice? Hmmmmmmm What do you think, Terri? FP return time is 8:40-8:55 for MSEP and I'd hate to cut the Dessert Party short....or worse, not be able to get to the FP location. I thought I was done making decisions!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: