Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #526
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva

I saw that. 4 fast passes within the span of a few minutes. I'd ride Dumbo if I can pull off all those fast passes.
I don't want to FP Dumbo though. I want to check out the new queue.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #527
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor
While we're on the subject of pets, here's the big girl just home from the hospital:

Is that a pitiful pooch, or what?

I suspect this is why I just can't get in the Disney mood. But the vet says everything went well.
Poor puppy!!! I hope she starts feeling better.

My dog growing up had a tumor removed from behind his front leg. I was probably 13 when this happened. I spent the following few days hand feeding him and cupping water in my hand for him to drink. He was so pitiful. Within a week he was almost back to his normal self.

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #528
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie4400 View Post
I didn't know where else to put this. Sorry. I need help deciding how to pack. We are there the 11-17. I am a hot box so I will be fine in short sleeves and capris. Do you put your kids in shorts or jeans ? I know to prob expect low 70s but here in Ohio where it is 30 degrees I can't relate. Does it feel hotter than a normal 73ish? Most of my dds shirts that are disney themed are long sleeves. I am afraid DH will be hot.
We have been a few times now at this time of year, and I find it works best to put the kids in jeans with layers on top.... Short sleeve shirt, sweatshirt. And I usually have those packable, folds into itself windbreakers and some knit gloves in the backpack. (We are still using a stroller so it's not a big deal). We are from the northeast and we keep the temp in the house pretty cool, but it still gets chilly at night in WDW when the sun goes down.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #529
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27

The new vajazzling.

Do they use the Pixie dust wands from BBB?
Wow. We are totally going to scare away the men in the group now.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #530
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock
I just really love seeing everyones photos Mom2Cody06 - you shouldn't hate taking pictures of yourself, you take a great photo!

SAT887 - thank you so much for taking the time to take & post pictures, sharing your vacation with us. Your children are beautiful

Well, I've had an interesting day <<<< haha that smilie is in no way connected to that sentence, I just love yo-yo's

I'm sitting on my back deck contemplating *sighs* the word 'contemplating' makes it sound so interesting .... do I do the dishwasher now or later, not so interesting.

There is a dog sitting on the other side of my fence, giving me that look Its odd to have a dog just wandering around on its own so I went out to see him. Instead of running away, he ran to me, all excited. The poor thing was SUPER skinny, you can see every bone. Although, weirdly, his coat was in good condition. He was so friendly and so excited to be petted. He has a collar but no name tag. Its obvious he is lost and hasn't eaten for a while so I take him in the garage. I bring him food and water and he eats and drinks them both in no time. DH comes down to see him, sits with him and the dog immediately falls asleep - he was sooooo tired, he's probably been awake, wandering lost for days

So anyways .... he is in my garage now fast asleep on a huge bed of blankets

Tomorrow we will take him to our vet to be scanned for a chip. If he isn't chipped I will put some signs up. I have already posted on our Animal Shelter FB pages.

However, we have already named him ..... and worked out where he will sleep ....
DH similarly found a dog like that wandering the parking lot at work. He's now been part of our family for 3 1/2 years :-) He is the sweetest guy.
Our vet told us that if anyone was looking for him, he'd be claimed in the first week, most likely the first few days. The kids waited about a day before naming him :
You rock for taking care of him!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #531
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
Don't have time to read the last ten pages or so but we took ME to Old Key West tonight, it's really nice warm weather feels just like Maui. Even this resort feels like I walked into a friends apartment at home ... stuio is huge and layout is great. If I could get over the tropical feel which is not what I want in vacation I'd consider adding points here.
Glad you've arrived safely. Have a fun trip!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #532
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
Poor puppy!!! I hope she starts feeling better.

My dog growing up had a tumor removed from behind his front leg. I was probably 13 when this happened. I spent the following few days hand feeding him and cupping water in my hand for him to drink. He was so pitiful. Within a week he was almost back to his normal self.
Thanks! Yes, this dog had that surgery, too. Actually, she's got another of those tumors, much smaller, that we're leaving alone for now. The problem with this particular surgery is that they remodeled her knee joint and put in plates & screws, so the recovery is considerably more difficult than from a straightforward excision.

I guess I feel guilty that the surgery is for me rather than her. She might have been ok limping around on a bad knee for the rest of her life- she's 11. I just hated to see her limp, and it seemed like she was kind of giving up.
I'm not sure I will want to repeat this if the other knee goes. But it's probably too early to say.... I just feel so sorry for the big girl!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #533
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor
While we're on the subject of pets, here's the big girl just home from the hospital:

Is that a pitiful pooch, or what?

I suspect this is why I just can't get in the Disney mood. But the vet says everything went well.
Aww, poor baby. Hope her recovery goes quickly and she's up & doing her doggie thing soon :

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #534
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper

There's a MVMCP on the 14th...I'm betting they aren't doing FP+ during MVMCP (no matter how much I tried, I couldn't get any of my FP+ options to give me a return time after the 5PM-6PM window).

If you try using your confirmation number, be sure to use the long, numeric one on your DME info (not the 8 character resort confirmation).
Correct. No FP during the party.

So after I booked our FPs for our MK day, DH came home and said, "But don't you really want the preferred viewing for the parade?" Given that he could care less about parades, I was a little surprised. So we all sat down and reviewed the schedule. And after I played around with the FPs some more, I realized I could get them for the second MSEP on the 12th as well.

So I moved our artist Point reservations up to 5:30 and we'll go from there to see Wishes and the parade. And Wishes viewing lets you in at 7:30 so we'll be able to see the castle light show too. This was really the only part of my plan I wasn't happy with. The FPs made it perfect.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #535
Rags123
Earning My Ears

I had a Dream about Disney last night. I dreamt that DH kept trying to change our itinerary at the last minute. He has refused to discuss details of our plans. In the dream, I was like "But we have ADRs!" and "We have to get TSM fast passes and sign up for JTA first thing in the morning!"

We had DS birthday party yesterday afternoon. He turns 4 on Wednesday. He got a talking Darth Vader mask and loves it! I afraid that he may agree to go over to the Dark Side during JTA.
Rags123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #536
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

I tried entering my confirmation number but no-go. We arrive on the 9th, which isn't between the 11th-15th...or am misunderstanding that?
You're arrival date has to be in the window.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #537
KimBeano
Mouseketeer

Leaving sequence commences in 22 hours....

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!
KimBeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #538
Rags123
Earning My Ears

Also, yay to saving lost dogs! My sweet dog is a shelter dog that was picked up as a stray. He was chipped but they couldn't contact the owner so I'm not sure what happened. We've had him for 7 years and he's the best dog!
Rags123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #539
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Correct. No FP during the party.

So after I booked our FPs for our MK day, DH came home and said, "But don't you really want the preferred viewing for the parade?" Given that he could care less about parades, I was a little surprised. So we all sat down and reviewed the schedule. And after I played around with the FPs some more, I realized I could get them for the second MSEP on the 12th as well.

So I moved our artist Point reservations up to 5:30 and we'll go from there to see Wishes and the parade. And Wishes viewing lets you in at 7:30 so we'll be able to see the castle light show too. This was really the only part of my plan I wasn't happy with. The FPs made it perfect.
That's great. My planned MK day didn't really give me a good time to see Enchanted Tales with Belle or the Little Mermaid, but with the FP+ it's going to work out well.

Ok, here's a question for all you December Dis-ers- if you had an entire day to yourself, what would you do? The family is going over to the dark side to see Harry Potter on Sunday the 16th and I have no plans whatsoever. We're staying at the YC.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #540
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl
If you're in the window but didn't receive email or cards, try your resort confirmation number. The one listed on your Disney account or the Disney Confirmation emails.

EDIT: or even if you're not in the window since it seems to have worked for Kathy.

Last edited by Tltorrez; 12-01-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: