Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #511
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN
Good morning DISERS! I am at MSP and the current temp is 36 degrees. Orlando has a high of 77, yes please.
Good Morning! Have a great flight!!! Enjoy the warmth when you get to MCO

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Mom2Cody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #512
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

So exciting herring from everyone at WDW!!! A little over 24 hours and we'll be on our way and I'm no where near ready. At least since we are driving I can just throw stuff in the car.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Mom2Cody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #513
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Hi discookiemonsta!! Haven't seen you in a while.
I've been around...I do come on here about every day and try to keep up with all the posts. I also checked in with you all probably about 2 weeks ago, but I think my post got lost within all the fast moving conversations I more than likely chat with some of you on the Fb December 2012 thread, but I am having a really hard time remembering which DIS names match the Fb names

I can't belive it's DECEMBER today!!!

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #514
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1

Glad you arrived safe and sound, although I'm almost sad you did make your connection here in KC. if you'd missed it I could have picked you up at the airport and taken you out for some of our famous BBQ! Happily though, the airport here is just small enough they are usually good about holding flights for as long as they possibly can.
Awww, that would have been fun, too! Thanks for the offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac
Leave in just over 2 hours and can't sleep anymore. Popped up from a sound sleep and that was all she wrote. Guess will have to sleep on the plane. Thank goodness feel asleep earlier.
We woke up at 615 to Florida birds chirping ... Too excited to sleep I guess ... alarm rang while I was typing this and we're headed out the door to ak!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #515
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
Oh MY GOODNESS!!!

I just went to search for an ADR and the calendar is in December!!!!
Now that's starting to make it real for me! I keep hoping to catch the Disney fevah soon, but it just isn't happening...

I even told DH I don't want to go on any more vacations for a while, I'm vacationed-out. What kind of crazy talk is that? He just looked at me and didn't say a word.. probably thinking "Riiiight- let's see how long THAT lasts...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Ok today! Exhausting but awesome! Love AKL and all the animals. Dinner at Boma was delish! I wanted to get pics of the decorations at night but I feel like complete junk. Hopefully a visit to Walgreens gets me in the right direction. Sorta worried I have bronchitis.

However

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...A40F5A2891.jpg

DD3 passed out

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...A40937A6BC.jpg

DD1 found a happy place and was unhappy when the pager for Sanaa went off!!

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...A402F1F1EE.jpg

Xmas at AKL!!
Oh, wonderful pictures! We're not going to make it over to see the decorations at AKL, so it's nice to see them here. And such little cuties you've got there, too. Sorry about the possible impending bronchitis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Our Fast Passes:
12/11/12
9:05-10:05 Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
10:15-11:15 Space Mountain
11:45-12:45 Little Mermaid
1:10-2:10 Haunted Mansion

12/15/12
9:05-10:05 Toy Story Mania
10:40-11:40 Star Tours
12:30-1:30 ToT

I sort of blanked on some of the ride choices.....I didn't realize at first that you could change to 4 different options either....but I'm fairly happy with what I have....but again, now what do I do with it? I have no physical cards....only confirmed passes in the computer.
They will send them to you, I believe it said 7 days before your trip. So watch for more Mickey Mail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

There is a dog sitting on the other side of my fence, giving me that look Its odd to have a dog just wandering around on its own so I went out to see him. Instead of running away, he ran to me, all excited. The poor thing was SUPER skinny, you can see every bone. Although, weirdly, his coat was in good condition. He was so friendly and so excited to be petted. He has a collar but no name tag. Its obvious he is lost and hasn't eaten for a while so I take him in the garage. I bring him food and water and he eats and drinks them both in no time. DH comes down to see him, sits with him and the dog immediately falls asleep - he was sooooo tired, he's probably been awake, wandering lost for days

So anyways .... he is in my garage now fast asleep on a huge bed of blankets

Tomorrow we will take him to our vet to be scanned for a chip. If he isn't chipped I will put some signs up. I have already posted on our Animal Shelter FB pages.

However, we have already named him ..... and worked out where he will sleep ....
How very nice of you to give this pooch a home. All of my animals have been strays or taken in from people who can't keep them, and they've been the best pets. If you end up keeping him (all of our attempts to find owners were never successful) just be mindful he may have separation anxiety problems- our dog ran away a couple of times trying to get back to her old home initially, then once she became attached to us could be very destructive whenever we left her anywhere but our home- including the car. She got over it eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Don't have time to read the last ten pages or so but we took ME to Old Key West tonight, it's really nice warm weather feels just like Maui. Even this resort feels like I walked into a friends apartment at home ... stuio is huge and layout is great. If I could get over the tropical feel which is not what I want in vacation I'd consider adding points here.
I hope the weather holds out for us in a couple of weeks! It's funny that you say that about OKW- that's why we have no interest in the WL- last month I stayed in the Old Faithful Inn and watched the geyser go off from the hotel balcony. If you're a Maui resident OKW (and the Poly) are probably not going to be your thing. (Not mine, either, we've been to Hawaii a lot and last visited your beautiful island in June).

That's why we're at the Yacht Club. I've only been to the Eastern Seaboard once- went to Bar Harbor many years ago. Next visit we plan AKL! I doubt I'll be going on safari any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie4400 View Post
I didn't know where else to put this. Sorry. I need help deciding how to pack. We are there the 11-17. I am a hot box so I will be fine in short sleeves and capris. Do you put your kids in shorts or jeans ? I know to prob expect low 70s but here in Ohio where it is 30 degrees I can't relate. Does it feel hotter than a normal 73ish? Most of my dds shirts that are disney themed are long sleeves. I am afraid DH will be hot.
We travel from super cold to hot climates pretty often and have zip-off pants that convert from pants to shorts. The kids (and DH) wear those on the plane with a long-sleeved shirt and a fleece jacket. Depending on the weather forecast right before we leave I'll take either mostly shorts & short sleeved shirts or long sleeves & long pants.

I think you're better off taking summer-type clothes to layer up with than heavy clothes you'll be stuck with if it's warm.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #516
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Did everyone see this:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29

I'm a big fan of Househunters - thought this was cute.

I'm so jealous of all of you that are at WDW now - have a wonderful time and keep that nice weather there please.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #517
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

She gets paid a flat rate. She moves in and looks after my dog, 3 cats, 4 parakeets, 2 rabbits .... the 2 snakes & fish will be ok so she needn't bother with those.

If we add another dog, it won't make much difference .... oh, and possibly another rabbit, my friend is moving overseas, can't take the rabbit.
Thank you for taking in the dog and taking care of him. There are people out there who wouldn't be so nice. :hugs: I used to run a ferret rescue and the horror stories out there are terrible.

I'm here chuckling to myself, your house sounds like mine when I was with the ex. 2 dogs, 5 cats, 5 rabbits, 3 chinchillas, 2 guinea pigs and the odd anole every now and then.

I'm glad he chose a safe house to come to.

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #518
QueenElinor

While we're on the subject of pets, here's the big girl just home from the hospital:

Is that a pitiful pooch, or what?

I suspect this is why I just can't get in the Disney mood. But the vet says everything went well.

Last edited by QueenElinor; 12-01-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #519
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
While we're on the subject of pets, here's the big girl just home from the hospital:

Is that a pitiful pooch, or what?

I suspect this is why I just can't get in the Disney mood. But the vet says everything went well- though there's a 50% chance of the right ligament eventually rupturing, too. I don't know if I would put her through this again- but we'll see.
Oh my At least the surgery is over with now and the recovery can begin! I've had to go through similiar issues with my cat, Casper, a few times...once he had a huge abcess that had to be drained and cut out (shaved half his body as well!) and the the other time he had to have a piece of his ear removed due to 'skin' cancer I was honestly more nervous before the operations, so it was always a weird sense of relief for it to be over with and just try and get him better! How much longer before your trip? Who is going to take care of her while you are gone?

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #520
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
Ok today! Exhausting but awesome! Love AKL and all the animals. Dinner at Boma was delish! I wanted to get pics of the decorations at night but I feel like complete junk. Hopefully a visit to Walgreens gets me in the right direction. Sorta worried I have bronchitis.

However

DD3 passed out

Xmas at AKL!!
Thanks for checking in. We love AKL!!
Hope you feel better! :

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #521
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

However

DD3 passed out

Xmas at AKL!!
Thanks for taking time out and sharing!! You're DDs are adorable!

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #522
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
Our Fast Passes:
12/11/12
9:05-10:05 Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
10:15-11:15 Space Mountain
11:45-12:45 Little Mermaid
1:10-2:10 Haunted Mansion

12/15/12
9:05-10:05 Toy Story Mania
10:40-11:40 Star Tours
12:30-1:30 ToT

I sort of blanked on some of the ride choices.....I didn't realize at first that you could change to 4 different options either....but I'm fairly happy with what I have....but again, now what do I do with it? I have no physical cards....only confirmed passes in the computer.
Those sound great! I'm bummed this is after we leave.

I thought I read that they mail FP+ cards to you that get scanned when you go to each ride

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #523
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27

We just started the secret Santa for the office this year. I'm told to list 3 interests or gift ideas. I have no idea what to list.
List Disney, of course.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #524
QueenElinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by discookiemonsta View Post
Oh my At least the surgery is over with now and the recovery can begin! I've had to go through similiar issues with my cat, Casper, a few times...once he had a huge abcess that had to be drained and cut out (shaved half his body as well!) and the the other time he had to have a piece of his ear removed due to 'skin' cancer I was honestly more nervous before the operations, so it was always a weird sense of relief for it to be over with and just try and get him better! How much longer before your trip? Who is going to take care of her while you are gone?
We leave on the 13th. Our pet sitter is a real animal-lover, very reliable, and lives in while we're gone. I checked with her before we decided to go ahead with the surgery.

Being a doctor myself, of course all I can think of are the potential post-op complications, and they can be really quite nasty. She'll go back for a checkup in 5 days and then I'll be able to relax, I think. The good thing is that she's otherwise healthy, so even though she's old, she should recover well.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #525
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN
Good night all! When I wake I will be heading to our favorite place!

I will be live tweeting, so feel free to follow me @jamejame81

I will also be updating on here, but not sure how to post photos from my phone

Have a fabulous night!
Have a great trip!!

On the photos, if you use photobucket, you can upload to their app, open a photo, click on the "i" and click the "img" code to copy it, then paste it in a post on DIS app.

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: