Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #496
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani
So, if you're flying with Delta, check your flight numbers. You DO need to let ME know if they have changed! I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't gone to check our flights - they did not notify me.
Delta is bad about not notifying people about changes. I logged on a couple weeks ago to add my frequent flyer info and found they had changed the times on 3 of our 4 flight legs and had changed the aircraft on one and no longer had sissy and me seated together on that flight. The time changes were only minor but if I'd only caught the when checking in 24 hours before our flight I'd have been ROYALLY pissed!
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #497
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Had a scary time at the airport our California flight to connect in Kansas City went out an hour and a half late so we almost missed the Orlando flight! Ended up walking from one plane to the next they held it for the dozen passengers who would have otherwise been spending the night in kc.
The Orlando airport is gorgeous all decked out for the holidays!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #498
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
Had a scary time at the airport our California flight to connect in Kansas City went out an hour and a half late so we almost missed the Orlando flight! Ended up walking from one plane to the next they held it for the dozen passengers who would have otherwise been spending the night in kc.
Glad you arrived safe and sound, although I'm almost sad you did make your connection here in KC. if you'd missed it I could have picked you up at the airport and taken you out for some of our famous BBQ! Happily though, the airport here is just small enough they are usually good about holding flights for as long as they possibly can.
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #499
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

FAQs from the FP+ website that are relevant to the discussion going on here:

Quote:
When will I receive my FastPass+ cards?
Your Disney FastPass+ cards will be shipped to you via US Postal Service one week prior to your arrival. If they do not arrive by mail, please visit the Disneys Magical Express Welcome Center at the Orlando International Airport for assistance.

If Ive lost my Disney FastPass+ card(s), how can I get a replacement?
Upon arrival at Disneys Magical Express at the Welcome Center in Orlando International Airport, Cast Members will be available to provide you with a new Disney FastPass+ card. In addition, you can visit City Hall at Magic Kingdom® Park or Guest Relations at Disneys Hollywood Studios® once you arrive at the parks.

How do I redeem my Disney FastPass+ selections?
To redeem a Disney FastPass+ selection simply present your Disney FastPass+ card to the Cast Member at the Disney FastPass+ entrance of the attraction, show or entertainment offering during your arrival window.

Can I obtain standard FASTPASS tickets for Magic Kingdom® Park and Disneys Hollywood Studios® attractions if I am participating in the test?
Yes, Guests can acquire standard FASTPASS tickets for those attractions currently operating Disney FASTPASS service. The FastPass+ card is only valid for the date(s), times and experiences selected for the test.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #500
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Phew! Glad you made it! Yay you're there
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #501
melissac
DIS Veteran

Leave in just over 2 hours and can't sleep anymore. Popped up from a sound sleep and that was all she wrote. Guess will have to sleep on the plane. Thank goodness feel asleep earlier.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:49 AM   #502
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

I didn't know where else to put this. Sorry. I need help deciding how to pack. We are there the 11-17. I am a hot box so I will be fine in short sleeves and capris. Do you put your kids in shorts or jeans ? I know to prob expect low 70s but here in Ohio where it is 30 degrees I can't relate. Does it feel hotter than a normal 73ish? Most of my dds shirts that are disney themed are long sleeves. I am afraid DH will be hot.
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Lisamarie4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #503
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie4400 View Post
I didn't know where else to put this. Sorry. I need help deciding how to pack. We are there the 11-17. I am a hot box so I will be fine in short sleeves and capris. Do you put your kids in shorts or jeans ? I know to prob expect low 70s but here in Ohio where it is 30 degrees I can't relate. Does it feel hotter than a normal 73ish? Most of my dds shirts that are disney themed are long sleeves. I am afraid DH will be hot.
The best advice I could give you is layers, layers, layers...The weather can be so unpredictable and can change from one moment to the next (we live in the Bahamas so I can relate to Florida weather). I am having a hard time deciding what to pack as well, but I've decided to just pack a little bit of everything! I will pack one or two pairs of long pants as well as one or two pairs of capris, some short sleeved shirts, some long sleeved shirts, my tennis shoes, socks, a pair of flipflops, a cotton zip up hooded jacket. For my girls I'm pretty much packing the same things and all of their long pants are cotton so they'll be comfortable, especially if it's going to be a long day! When packing for my girls, I don't really think about/worry about if their clothes are Disney themed or not...I just pack anything acceptable that can be mixed and matched! Hope that helps a little!!! Good luck and have a great trip

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #504
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
She gets paid a flat rate. She moves in and looks after my dog, 3 cats, 4 parakeets, 2 rabbits .... the 2 snakes & fish will be ok so she needn't bother with those.

If we add another dog, it won't make much difference .... oh, and possibly another rabbit, my friend is moving overseas, can't take the rabbit.
That is not a house, it is a zoo!! Love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
Leave in just over 2 hours and can't sleep anymore. Popped up from a sound sleep and that was all she wrote. Guess will have to sleep on the plane. Thank goodness feel asleep earlier.
Have a great trip!! Hope you can get a nap, but the vacation excitement might get you through the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Good night all! When I wake I will be heading to our favorite place!

I will be live tweeting, so feel free to follow me @jamejame81

I will also be updating on here, but not sure how to post photos from my phone

Have a fabulous night!
Have a great trip!! I am going to attempt to follow you. Enjoy WL and take lots of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Don't have time to read the last ten pages or so but we took ME to Old Key West tonight, it's really nice warm weather feels just like Maui. Even this resort feels like I walked into a friends apartment at home ... stuio is huge and layout is great. If I could get over the tropical feel which is not what I want in vacation I'd consider adding points here.
Yay, you are there!! I agree, I would want something different than what I see at home. I would say all the Disney resorts are very different than Ohio, so I am safe.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #505
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Hi discookiemonsta!! Haven't seen you in a while.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #506
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I just really love seeing everyones photos Mom2Cody06 - you shouldn't hate taking pictures of yourself, you take a great photo!

SAT887 - thank you so much for taking the time to take & post pictures, sharing your vacation with us. Your children are beautiful

Well, I've had an interesting day <<<< haha that smilie is in no way connected to that sentence, I just love yo-yo's

I'm sitting on my back deck contemplating *sighs* the word 'contemplating' makes it sound so interesting .... do I do the dishwasher now or later, not so interesting.

There is a dog sitting on the other side of my fence, giving me that look Its odd to have a dog just wandering around on its own so I went out to see him. Instead of running away, he ran to me, all excited. The poor thing was SUPER skinny, you can see every bone. Although, weirdly, his coat was in good condition. He was so friendly and so excited to be petted. He has a collar but no name tag. Its obvious he is lost and hasn't eaten for a while so I take him in the garage. I bring him food and water and he eats and drinks them both in no time. DH comes down to see him, sits with him and the dog immediately falls asleep - he was sooooo tired, he's probably been awake, wandering lost for days

So anyways .... he is in my garage now fast asleep on a huge bed of blankets

Tomorrow we will take him to our vet to be scanned for a chip. If he isn't chipped I will put some signs up. I have already posted on our Animal Shelter FB pages.

However, we have already named him ..... and worked out where he will sleep ....
Sounds like he came to the right house!!! I hate to hear of animals lost/homeless/hungry, but it also affects me when I read of people finding animals/not being able to find their owner etc. and since they can't keep the animal for one reason or another they have to take it to a shelter/pound and that breaks my heart even more So, it sounds like he found a safe place for now

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #507
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

She gets paid a flat rate. She moves in and looks after my dog, 3 cats, 4 parakeets, 2 rabbits .... the 2 snakes & fish will be ok so she needn't bother with those.

If we add another dog, it won't make much difference .... oh, and possibly another rabbit, my friend is moving overseas, can't take the rabbit.
Wow, my kids would love your house!! They've been asking for a pet, any pet, for a while, lol

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Mom2Cody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #508
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Good morning DISERS! I am at MSP and the current temp is 36 degrees. Orlando has a high of 77, yes please.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

DisneyDreamerMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #509
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
Oh man, glad they held it for you guys!

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 12-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #510
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac
Have a safe trip

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: