Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #481
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDreamerMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd View Post
Will Do!! What time do you arrive tomorrow? We probably won't check into WL until 9PM. Ugh! We land at 7:30 and we rented a car so we are making a run to WalMart before we check in.
Our flight leaves at 8:05 AM tomorrow, so DH and I will probably check in around 1ish? I am sure we will run into eachother sometime this week!
__________________
~Jamie

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014


DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #482
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessAurora27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 440

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!

I just went to search for an ADR and the calendar is in December!!!!
__________________
Rho
Me (41) BF (42)

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #483
mom2travel
DIS Veteran
 
mom2travel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27
Oh MY GOODNESS!!!

I just went to search for an ADR and the calendar is in December!!!!
Wow! It's really here!
__________________
Me, DH, DS, DD

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #484
melissac
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hazelhurst, WI
Posts: 963

This time tomorrow will be at MK
__________________

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #485
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Ok today! Exhausting but awesome! Love AKL and all the animals. Dinner at Boma was delish! I wanted to get pics of the decorations at night but I feel like complete junk. Hopefully a visit to Walgreens gets me in the right direction. Sorta worried I have bronchitis.

However



DD3 passed out



DD1 found a happy place and was unhappy when the pager for Sanaa went off!!



Xmas at AKL!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #486
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
What do you think the chances of getting in to MK five minutes early are with our CP ressies that used to be pre-park opening? I really wanted some people free pictures! Darn the holidays!
I think they will let you in 20 min prior to a pre-park opening ADR. I'm wishful thinking.....I would need let in 25 minutes for our Crystal Palace ADR....but at least I have an 8:05 CRT ADR........that's 55 min before park opening on the 11th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd View Post
Well we are leaving at about 9 in the morning and guess who still hasn't packed.... Yep, this girl!



Hi I am Rachel. Feel free to say Hi if you see me and like others my husband will probably get weirded out. Ha! Oh, and if you see someone and aren't positive if it is me, just listen for a second and if you hear me yell "Jaxon" (which I am sure will be often) then you are right!

I can't believe we will be at WDW tomorrow!! So excited!!!
Girl......get to packin'! I'm not sure how long you will be there....we don't arrive at WDW until a week from sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Hi Rachel,
I am Jamie, the one who is also staying at WL tomorrow through next Saturday

Say hi if you see me!

I'm definitely shopping for a cute dress next friday! I'm off work and hubby isn't so I will do all our last minute running around then...mainly bank to get cash and Target to pick up about $350 worth of additional Gift Cards. That should be all we need for oop food and tips. I'm not leaving myself much for souvenirs........will use debit card if I have to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
This is me (be kind, I dislike taking pictures of myself). Feel free to say hi if you see is, I'll have a pink under armor backpack to match my grey and pink UA sneakers, lol.




ETA - I tried to resize that darn picture 3 times but I can't tell how big it is on my phone....ugh! Sorry!
__________________
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #487
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Guess what I got?!?! FP+ cards in the mail.

So I know there are a couple other people who are not using DME when they arrive but are coming back on it. That's the case for us since it's a split stay. We switch on the 11th so that's our check-in date but we aren't arriving on DME. We are set to return on DME though and that must have been enough.

Of course, the cards I got are for the room I cancelled. Naturally. However, as other people on the board reported, I was able to enter the confirmation number for the room we do have and got my FPs. Hopefully the cards will come tomorrow. If not, I'm sure I can get them replaced at Guest Relations.

The only hitch is that DSis is listed in that system as being on the cancelled room and now she's on our room. So I ended up doing both rooms but separately and got slightly different but overlapping FP times. I'm hoping I can get that straightened out at Guest Services so we're all on the same room. But if not, I now have FPs with essentially a 40 minute window for 4 attractions on our MK day.

FYI - there were still MSEP and Wishes slots available on Dec 12. Unfortunately we can't do it that day and every other day during the period that we're there is a Party day. I did notice that on Party days the Parade and Wishes are marked as Standby Only. But of course, they're really not actually scheduled.
I am totally confused on the FP+. I was able to input my DME reservation number and it let me set them up! So now I have the thing filled out.....now what do i do with it? Do we print something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
Oh MY GOODNESS!!!

I just went to search for an ADR and the calendar is in December!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
This time tomorrow will be at MK


Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Ok today! Exhausting but awesome! Love AKL and all the animals. Dinner at Boma was delish! I wanted to get pics of the decorations at night but I feel like complete junk. Hopefully a visit to Walgreens gets me in the right direction. Sorta worried I have bronchitis.

However



DD3 passed out



DD1 found a happy place and was unhappy when the pager for Sanaa went off!!



Xmas at AKL!!
I hope you get the right drugs to get better! I love the pictures.....so exciting to see real evidence!
__________________
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #488
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Fp+

Our Fast Passes:
12/11/12
9:05-10:05 Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
10:15-11:15 Space Mountain
11:45-12:45 Little Mermaid
1:10-2:10 Haunted Mansion

12/15/12
9:05-10:05 Toy Story Mania
10:40-11:40 Star Tours
12:30-1:30 ToT

I sort of blanked on some of the ride choices.....I didn't realize at first that you could change to 4 different options either....but I'm fairly happy with what I have....but again, now what do I do with it? I have no physical cards....only confirmed passes in the computer.
__________________
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #489
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDreamerMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 635

Good night all! When I wake I will be heading to our favorite place!

I will be live tweeting, so feel free to follow me @jamejame81

I will also be updating on here, but not sure how to post photos from my phone

Have a fabulous night!
__________________
~Jamie

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014


DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #490
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

I just really love seeing everyones photos Mom2Cody06 - you shouldn't hate taking pictures of yourself, you take a great photo!

SAT887 - thank you so much for taking the time to take & post pictures, sharing your vacation with us. Your children are beautiful

Well, I've had an interesting day <<<< haha that smilie is in no way connected to that sentence, I just love yo-yo's

I'm sitting on my back deck contemplating *sighs* the word 'contemplating' makes it sound so interesting .... do I do the dishwasher now or later, not so interesting.

There is a dog sitting on the other side of my fence, giving me that look Its odd to have a dog just wandering around on its own so I went out to see him. Instead of running away, he ran to me, all excited. The poor thing was SUPER skinny, you can see every bone. Although, weirdly, his coat was in good condition. He was so friendly and so excited to be petted. He has a collar but no name tag. Its obvious he is lost and hasn't eaten for a while so I take him in the garage. I bring him food and water and he eats and drinks them both in no time. DH comes down to see him, sits with him and the dog immediately falls asleep - he was sooooo tired, he's probably been awake, wandering lost for days

So anyways .... he is in my garage now fast asleep on a huge bed of blankets

Tomorrow we will take him to our vet to be scanned for a chip. If he isn't chipped I will put some signs up. I have already posted on our Animal Shelter FB pages.

However, we have already named him ..... and worked out where he will sleep ....
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #491
Wendimn
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I just really love seeing everyones photos Mom2Cody06 - you shouldn't hate taking pictures of yourself, you take a great photo!

SAT887 - thank you so much for taking the time to take & post pictures, sharing your vacation with us. Your children are beautiful

Well, I've had an interesting day <<<< haha that smilie is in no way connected to that sentence, I just love yo-yo's

I'm sitting on my back deck contemplating *sighs* the word 'contemplating' makes it sound so interesting .... do I do the dishwasher now or later, not so interesting.

There is a dog sitting on the other side of my fence, giving me that look Its odd to have a dog just wandering around on its own so I went out to see him. Instead of running away, he ran to me, all excited. The poor thing was SUPER skinny, you can see every bone. Although, weirdly, his coat was in good condition. He was so friendly and so excited to be petted. He has a collar but no name tag. Its obvious he is lost and hasn't eaten for a while so I take him in the garage. I bring him food and water and he eats and drinks them both in no time. DH comes down to see him, sits with him and the dog immediately falls asleep - he was sooooo tired, he's probably been awake, wandering lost for days

So anyways .... he is in my garage now fast asleep on a huge bed of blankets

Tomorrow we will take him to our vet to be scanned for a chip. If he isn't chipped I will put some signs up. I have already posted on our Animal Shelter FB pages.

However, we have already named him ..... and worked out where he will sleep ....
Awww..that is soo sweet
Wendimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #492
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Good night all! When I wake I will be heading to our favorite place!

I will be live tweeting, so feel free to follow me @jamejame81

I will also be updating on here, but not sure how to post photos from my phone

Have a fabulous night!
Can't wait to follow your tweets! Sleep well hun!
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #493
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
There is a dog sitting on the other side of my fence, giving me that look Its odd to have a dog just wandering around on its own so I went out to see him. Instead of running away, he ran to me, all excited. The poor thing was SUPER skinny, you can see every bone. Although, weirdly, his coat was in good condition. He was so friendly and so excited to be petted. He has a collar but no name tag. Its obvious he is lost and hasn't eaten for a while so I take him in the garage. I bring him food and water and he eats and drinks them both in no time. DH comes down to see him, sits with him and the dog immediately falls asleep - he was sooooo tired, he's probably been awake, wandering lost for days

So anyways .... he is in my garage now fast asleep on a huge bed of blankets

Tomorrow we will take him to our vet to be scanned for a chip. If he isn't chipped I will put some signs up. I have already posted on our Animal Shelter FB pages.

However, we have already named him ..... and worked out where he will sleep ....
So does your dog sitter get paid by the dog or the job? Poor poochie.....I hate seeing skinny dogs. Mine is a little pudgie
__________________
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #494
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,856

Don't have time to read the last ten pages or so but we took ME to Old Key West tonight, it's really nice warm weather feels just like Maui. Even this resort feels like I walked into a friends apartment at home ... stuio is huge and layout is great. If I could get over the tropical feel which is not what I want in vacation I'd consider adding points here.
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #495
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
So does your dog sitter get paid by the dog or the job? Poor poochie.....I hate seeing skinny dogs. Mine is a little pudgie
She gets paid a flat rate. She moves in and looks after my dog, 3 cats, 4 parakeets, 2 rabbits .... the 2 snakes & fish will be ok so she needn't bother with those.

If we add another dog, it won't make much difference .... oh, and possibly another rabbit, my friend is moving overseas, can't take the rabbit.
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: