Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #331
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva

Thanks! I considered Starring Rolls as well (well...their cupcakes ). Some of their sandwiches look great. I know that Fairfax Fare should be a solid option and will be open in the evening.

Have you been to any of these places? I was looking at easywdw's summary of most of the DHS places and tbh, the pictures they put on the menus are sometimes are really unappealing
I have not been to any of them except Starring Rolls. On our last trip we chose some place that ended up being closed that day and we were stuck with nothing but lousy chili dogs in that section of the park. In truth, nothing but Starring Rolls gets consistently good reviews though I have seen good things about Min & Bills recently. In any event, given how awful most of the choices are I'll just be happy to have something mediocre. I don't know what it is about this park that the food is all terrible.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #332
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leianne
I need to share my secret. My DH and I left last Saturday to an all inclusive to Punta Cana, and today we woke up in ORLANDO!!!!!!! We hated the resort we were staying at. It was beautiful, but we were sick from the food and the terrible liquor. The entertainment was nothing like Disney, SO WE PLANNED A SECRET ADVENTURE! we took the next flight to Miami and had a quick road trip to Orlando and booked our room on the way. TONIGHT WE GO TO MVMCP!!!!! We cant tell anyone because our family and friends dont understand. Only you all will understand. So we are here now and leave on Sunday!!!! We plan to do epcot and HS on Saturday. phew! I feel better now. Crazy huh!??
That's so awesome!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #333
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Last work day! And I leave early for a school event.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #334
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Well, according to the vet, the surgery went well. Thanks for the kind words! Now she just needs to heal up so I won't have to worry about her while I'm at Disney.
I also got the email! The DHS day doesn't work for me, either. But I made the fastpasses really late so perhaps we can do them the night we get in. The MK day is perfect- I got fastpasses for things JUST at the right times I wanted them.

That's what I'm thinking. If nothing else, we'll be able to do Toy Story.

Question- There's no reason we won't be able to hold other FP along with these, is there? I doubt my entire family will want to see Enchanted Tales with Belle or The Little Mermaid.
I'm glad your dog is doing well and hope she heals quickly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Here's my holiday "baking"

Brought to you by Cadbury's and 2 day delivery
That's my kind of baking!! I love Cadbury's. Specifically Cadbury's brought over from the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Yay!!!!

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #335
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leianne View Post
I need to share my secret. My DH and I left last Saturday to an all inclusive to Punta Cana, and today we woke up in ORLANDO!!!!!!! We hated the resort we were staying at. It was beautiful, but we were sick from the food and the terrible liquor. The entertainment was nothing like Disney, SO WE PLANNED A SECRET ADVENTURE! we took the next flight to Miami and had a quick road trip to Orlando and booked our room on the way. TONIGHT WE GO TO MVMCP!!!!! We cant tell anyone because our family and friends dont understand. Only you all will understand. So we are here now and leave on Sunday!!!! We plan to do epcot and HS on Saturday. phew! I feel better now. Crazy huh!??
Omg!!! That is so great!!! Have a blast!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #336
mymermaid
Mouseketeer

We've got 9 days!!! It can't come quick enough!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #337
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY for you!!!! Enjoy your day!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #338
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymermaid View Post
We've got 9 days!!! It can't come quick enough!
9 days here, too!!!!!!!!!! You're right...it can't come quick enough!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #339
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Here are my hoodies I just finished. sorry the pics are so huge!

will hopefully get the tshirts almost done this weekend. I have to embroider 24 of them, tye dye 8 of them and put transfers on 16. Good thing we are only matching for 6 days of our trip!!!

Last edited by phins_jazy; 11-30-2012 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typo
phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #340
btk2333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leianne View Post
Well done! Have a great spur of the moment trip!
btk2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #341
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

I just thought ..... I am so obsessed with everyone elses 'how many days ...' that I haven't even looked at mine.

I knew I went soon .... some time in the future ... probably next week.

I have 6 days

*screams*
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #342
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy View Post
Here are my hoodies I just finished. sorry the pics are so huge!

will hopefully get the tshirts almost done this weekend. I have to embroider 24 of them, tye dye 8 of them and put transfers on 16. Good thing we are only matching for 6 days of our trip!!!
Love those! Really nice .... I want one!!!
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #343
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

the local radio station is giving away a disney cruise in just a few minutes. I am on pins and needles to see if I won. Like I can fit in another disney trip this month.

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #344
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
Well, we decided to go to HS early on our first day and then head to MK (and MVMCP eventually). I cancelled our reservation at the Plaza Restaurant that day, made one for a little later AND a just-in-case one for the following all-day MK day. Ha! Here's what we got...

Hollywood Studios
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
Tower of Terror - We might leave before this time rolls around.

Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise
Winnie the Pooh - I loathe this ride, but my partner loves it, so I'm glad we'll be able to just hop on and off instead of having to wait in line or waste a FP.
Enchanted Tales with Belle - So glad this was an option because I didn't want to wait around forever for this one.
Peter's Pan's Flight - This is one I like to go on once, but wouldn't want to use a FP on.

I would have loved to get a Fantastic! seating one (if they even do that), but none of the F! days were on days that worked for us.
So cool that you get to use this!! Excited to hear how it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
DH reminded me of something funny that happened in the middle of the night. When DD has nightmares, I sprinkle "pixie dust", I.e. silver glitter, in her bed to keep the bad dreams away. Last night she came into our room and stood on my side of the bed. DH nudged me, and DD said, "I need pixie dust!" DH says I sat straight up in bed, and said "I didn't bring that!" Then rolled back over. I think I must have thought we were already at Disney.

/Adds pixie dust to the packing list.
Too funny!! Definitely dont forget the pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Our DHS day is 12/17. We have an ADR for lunch at 12:45 at Sci-Fi.

I'm still undecided on what to do for dinner. It needs to be a counter service (DDP). I was leaning towards Min and Bill's but I'm afraid they will close too early for us to snag dinner. What good CS options are there? I'm thinking dinner sometime around 6 ish.
Good? None. . We ate at Pizza Planet and ABC last year. DH actually requested ABC for this year. We just got burgers and fries. PP is just mediocre Disney pizza, but they have a cappuccino cupcake that I want to try.

Quote:
Woo-hoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I just thought ..... I am so obsessed with everyone elses 'how many days ...' that I haven't even looked at mine.

I knew I went soon .... some time in the future ... probably next week.

I have 6 days

*screams*
It's true!! We are so excited about everyone else's trip and then it hits you. Oh crap I am going too!! I have to pack and clean and all these other things people are doing.

Nope, no update. As I told a friend recently, I am getting on the plane on 12/15 and am assuming that my husband will be getting on with me.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #345
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Don't have time to read thru right now, just checking in from Epcot!

Quick note for anyone planning in eating lunch at BOG: I did yesterday, and the food was fantastic, but be warned they close off the line around 2:30-2:45 to enter. It took about 20 minutes after getting in line to even order, then eating time, and they need you out to set up for dinner. So don't wait too long to get in line for it!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: