Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #316
molitva
Mouseketeer

Our DHS day is 12/17. We have an ADR for lunch at 12:45 at Sci-Fi.

I'm still undecided on what to do for dinner. It needs to be a counter service (DDP). I was leaning towards Min and Bill's but I'm afraid they will close too early for us to snag dinner. What good CS options are there? I'm thinking dinner sometime around 6 ish.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #317
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205
DH reminded me of something funny that happened in the middle of the night. When DD has nightmares, I sprinkle "pixie dust", I.e. silver glitter, in her bed to keep the bad dreams away. Last night she came into our room and stood on my side of the bed. DH nudged me, and DD said, "I need pixie dust!" DH says I sat straight up in bed, and said "I didn't bring that!" Then rolled back over. I think I must have thought we were already at Disney.

/Adds pixie dust to the packing list.
LOL! That is great :-)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #318
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes

I surprised DS with a Cars suite on our "just us" trip last month. The Radiator Springs courtyard is AWESOME!! He wanted to walk around it every time we went back to our room. So much fun!! We really enjoyed the entire resort!!
Awesome. I'm hoping to go over and check it out while we are there.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Mom2Cody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #319
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

So my chuckle of the morning came from DS. I had left some MVMCP info on the table for my parents to see, including the party map. DS is eating his breakfast and says, "is it wrong that I know where all these restaurants are?" I guess I'm training them right

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #320
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper
I just tried the FastPass+ website with my confirmation number, and it worked! But, now I go back to the drawing board...

The FP+ trial is working the first two days of our trip, Dec 14 + 15, and will be active in MK and DHS. As of now, we're planning on being on DHS on the 15th, so that's fine. But we were planning on going to Epcot on the 14th. Is it worth swapping one of our MK days with the Epcot day, just to experience FP+?

Talking (typing) out loud: I could add park hoppers onto our reservation, and split our arrival day between MK and Epcot (as of now, I have FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight, Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, Space Mountain, and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, all between 1PM and 6PM).

Then, I could split my MK day on 12/18 between Epcot and MK. Right now, we have a full day in MK, plus MVMCP...with a 4:45PM ADR at 'Ohana. Instead, we could do Epcot in the AM, keep the 'Ohana dinner, then head to MK for MVMCP after.

Or, I could ignore the FP+ for the 14th, and just use it on the 15th while we're in DHS (I got Star Tours, TSM, and ToT, all before 1:20PM).
I saw a lot of people do this during the last test. If they were offering it at the end of the month when it's crazy crowded then that might make sense. But otherwise, I would not switch just to use FP.

And I can't imagine you would need FP for Monster's Inc.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #321
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor
Well, according to the vet, the surgery went well. Thanks for the kind words! Now she just needs to heal up so I won't have to worry about her while I'm at Disney.
I also got the email! The DHS day doesn't work for me, either. But I made the fastpasses really late so perhaps we can do them the night we get in. The MK day is perfect- I got fastpasses for things JUST at the right times I wanted them.

That's what I'm thinking. If nothing else, we'll be able to do Toy Story.

Question- There's no reason we won't be able to hold other FP along with these, is there? I doubt my entire family will want to see Enchanted Tales with Belle or The Little Mermaid.
Glad the surgery went well.

There is no connection between the two FP systems, so you can still get regular FPs as usual.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #322
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock
Good Morning friends!

I was super busy yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do here so I'll get to that .....

SUPER excited about some being tested for FP+ .... I have been stalking all news on this!!

Personally, I would change my MK days to be able to use the FP+ - for me, using it for the parades or fireworks is SO worth it, not having to pick a spot etc. Also Jordan, if you did swap days, I would re-consider using it on Laugh Floor, that attraction (I love it!!) and use it on something with long stand-by times ... what were your choices???
That's a good point. Those are the ones I really wanted. DH hates the crush and I really want to see the new castle lihgts show. Though I'm still trying to figure out if its possible to FP both MSEP and Wishes and actually move between the two sites when it's crowded.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #323
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
There is a parade/fireworks component to this?? That is a huge perk! Looking forward to hearing more about this, too. Although, changing itineraries at this late date, would provoke a little...ok, alot of anxiety!
YES!!! This is why I have been so excited about it. They were testing it back in September. If you selected fireworks, you got to view them from a roped off area - the Rose Garden in front of Dessert Party terrace I think - so for me, having the parades & fireworks is well worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Here's my holiday "baking"

Brought to you by Cadbury's and 2 day delivery
Miss those! In every British home at Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
DH reminded me of something funny that happened in the middle of the night. When DD has nightmares, I sprinkle "pixie dust", I.e. silver glitter, in her bed to keep the bad dreams away. Last night she came into our room and stood on my side of the bed. DH nudged me, and DD said, "I need pixie dust!" DH says I sat straight up in bed, and said "I didn't bring that!" Then rolled back over. I think I must have thought we were already at Disney.

/Adds pixie dust to the packing list.
HA! Love it!
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #324
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva
Our DHS day is 12/17. We have an ADR for lunch at 12:45 at Sci-Fi.

I'm still undecided on what to do for dinner. It needs to be a counter service (DDP). I was leaning towards Min and Bill's but I'm afraid they will close too early for us to snag dinner. What good CS options are there? I'm thinking dinner sometime around 6 ish.
Starring Rolls gets the best reviews.

I did a review of all the CS options in each park to determine what the edible and interesting options were. This is my DHS list.

Backlot Express (Burgers, SW Salad with Chicken, Grilled Veggie Sandwich)
Fairfax Fare (1/2 Chicken, Spareribs, BBQ Pork, Salad, Gourmet Hot Dogs)
Min and Bill's Dockside Diner (Hot Dog in Pretzel, Chicken Caesar Sandwich, Italian Sausage)
Starring Rolls - (Bagels, Smoked Salmon, Sushi, Black Forest Ham Sandwich, Turkey Foccacia)
Studio Catering Co - (Tuscan, Chicken Caesar, Buffalo Chicken, Turkey Club, Grilled Veg Sandwiches)
Toluca Turkey Leg

Sorry, I didn't think to note hours of operation. Probably should.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #325
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

YES!!! This is why I have been so excited about it. They were testing it back in September. If you selected fireworks, you got to view them from a roped off area - the Rose Garden in front of Dessert Party terrace I think - so for me, having the parades & fireworks is well worth it!

Miss those! In every British home at Christmas

HA! Love it!
It was a separate location for the parade and they tested two locations for Wishes. One was seated on the grass and one had chairs on a patio. For me this is definitely the best part of the new FP.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #326
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Starring Rolls gets the best reviews.

I did a review of all the CS options in each park to determine what the edible and interesting options were. This is my DHS list.

Backlot Express (Burgers, SW Salad with Chicken, Grilled Veggie Sandwich)
Fairfax Fare (1/2 Chicken, Spareribs, BBQ Pork, Salad, Gourmet Hot Dogs)
Min and Bill's Dockside Diner (Hot Dog in Pretzel, Chicken Caesar Sandwich, Italian Sausage)
Starring Rolls - (Bagels, Smoked Salmon, Sushi, Black Forest Ham Sandwich, Turkey Foccacia)
Studio Catering Co - (Tuscan, Chicken Caesar, Buffalo Chicken, Turkey Club, Grilled Veg Sandwiches)
Toluca Turkey Leg

Sorry, I didn't think to note hours of operation. Probably should.
Thanks! I considered Starring Rolls as well (well...their cupcakes ). Some of their sandwiches look great. I know that Fairfax Fare should be a solid option and will be open in the evening.

Have you been to any of these places? I was looking at easywdw's summary of most of the DHS places and tbh, the pictures they put on the menus are sometimes are really unappealing
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #327
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Did they offer MSEP and Wishes this time around? Those are the ones I couldve really used.
I'm pretty sure Wishes was an option for one of my evenings (I chose the 13th for HS and the 14th for MK.), but it it was already grayed out as if it had already been booked to capacity.

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
grrrlennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #328
leianne
Earning My Ears

Omg happy dance!!!!!

I need to share my secret. My DH and I left last Saturday to an all inclusive to Punta Cana, and today we woke up in ORLANDO!!!!!!! We hated the resort we were staying at. It was beautiful, but we were sick from the food and the terrible liquor. The entertainment was nothing like Disney, SO WE PLANNED A SECRET ADVENTURE! we took the next flight to Miami and had a quick road trip to Orlando and booked our room on the way. TONIGHT WE GO TO MVMCP!!!!! We cant tell anyone because our family and friends dont understand. Only you all will understand. So we are here now and leave on Sunday!!!! We plan to do epcot and HS on Saturday. phew! I feel better now. Crazy huh!??
leianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #329
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Good Morning all! I'm in single digits!!!!

9 days until we leave!!!!

I was just thinking yesterday that we should have scheduled to leave on saturday instead of sunday, giving us an extra day. Oh well.

ValGoof - Any news on your trip? Did I miss the update?

Hope everyone has a great day!!

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #330
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leianne View Post
I need to share my secret. My DH and I left last Saturday to an all inclusive to Punta Cana, and today we woke up in ORLANDO!!!!!!! We hated the resort we were staying at. It was beautiful, but we were sick from the food and the terrible liquor. The entertainment was nothing like Disney, SO WE PLANNED A SECRET ADVENTURE! we took the next flight to Miami and had a quick road trip to Orlando and booked our room on the way. TONIGHT WE GO TO MVMCP!!!!! We cant tell anyone because our family and friends dont understand. Only you all will understand. So we are here now and leave on Sunday!!!! We plan to do epcot and HS on Saturday. phew! I feel better now. Crazy huh!??
haha thats awesome! Its like your Dirty Disney Secret Have a great time tonight, would love to hear how it went
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: