Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #301
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

DH reminded me of something funny that happened in the middle of the night. When DD has nightmares, I sprinkle "pixie dust", I.e. silver glitter, in her bed to keep the bad dreams away. Last night she came into our room and stood on my side of the bed. DH nudged me, and DD said, "I need pixie dust!" DH says I sat straight up in bed, and said "I didn't bring that!" Then rolled back over. I think I must have thought we were already at Disney.

/Adds pixie dust to the packing list.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #302
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
DH reminded me of something funny that happened in the middle of the night. When DD has nightmares, I sprinkle "pixie dust", I.e. silver glitter, in her bed to keep the bad dreams away. Last night she came into our room and stood on my side of the bed. DH nudged me, and DD said, "I need pixie dust!" DH says I sat straight up in bed, and said "I didn't bring that!" Then rolled back over. I think I must have thought we were already at Disney.

/Adds pixie dust to the packing list.
Love it!

Kathy, I booked directly through WDW this time. I used a TA last time and didn't like feeling like I had no control over plans, like constantly tinkering with my adr's! Guess, I will call in the morning.

tmbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #303
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

I just tried the FastPass+ website with my confirmation number, and it worked! But, now I go back to the drawing board...

The FP+ trial is working the first two days of our trip, Dec 14 + 15, and will be active in MK and DHS. As of now, we're planning on being on DHS on the 15th, so that's fine. But we were planning on going to Epcot on the 14th. Is it worth swapping one of our MK days with the Epcot day, just to experience FP+?

Talking (typing) out loud: I could add park hoppers onto our reservation, and split our arrival day between MK and Epcot (as of now, I have FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight, Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, Space Mountain, and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, all between 1PM and 6PM).

Then, I could split my MK day on 12/18 between Epcot and MK. Right now, we have a full day in MK, plus MVMCP...with a 4:45PM ADR at 'Ohana. Instead, we could do Epcot in the AM, keep the 'Ohana dinner, then head to MK for MVMCP after.

Or, I could ignore the FP+ for the 14th, and just use it on the 15th while we're in DHS (I got Star Tours, TSM, and ToT, all before 1:20PM).
Old 11-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #304
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

I would say it is totally worth it for HS, but not sure about all the jumbling around for MK....

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Mom2Cody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #305
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06
I would say it is totally worth it for HS, but not sure about all the jumbling around for MK....
I agree!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #306
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Welcome. We'll be across the lake at Pop! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Cars Suite, we are looking into them for our next trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
My two year old is obsessed with Cars, especially Mater which is why we chose it. I'll definitely report back! I sure hope it's worth it!
I surprised DS with a Cars suite on our "just us" trip last month. The Radiator Springs courtyard is AWESOME!! He wanted to walk around it every time we went back to our room. So much fun!! We really enjoyed the entire resort!!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #307
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
Oh no! My dogs are some of the few things I love more than Disney, so I'm so sorry to hear about that! Poor pooch!! I hope she'll sail through it and be as good as new in no time.
Well, according to the vet, the surgery went well. Thanks for the kind words! Now she just needs to heal up so I won't have to worry about her while I'm at Disney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
I just got an email for Fastpass Plus!!!

Of course, the Hollywood Studios days aren't ones that work for me. I wonder if I wait if the later dates will be available...
I also got the email! The DHS day doesn't work for me, either. But I made the fastpasses really late so perhaps we can do them the night we get in. The MK day is perfect- I got fastpasses for things JUST at the right times I wanted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmomma32 View Post
I just got one too. It doesn't really work for my Hollywood Studios day either but we may just do a little more park hopping! Last time we missed out on Toy Story Mania because the fast passes were gone so quickly so it will be nice to have one already reserved!
That's what I'm thinking. If nothing else, we'll be able to do Toy Story.

Question- There's no reason we won't be able to hold other FP along with these, is there? I doubt my entire family will want to see Enchanted Tales with Belle or The Little Mermaid.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #308
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl
I just got an email for Fastpass Plus!!!

Of course, the Hollywood Studios days aren't ones that work for me. I wonder if I wait if the later dates will be available...
If you mean, they might add test dates, unlikely. And I know from the previous tests that slots filled up fast.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #309
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl
Well, we decided to go to HS early on our first day and then head to MK (and MVMCP eventually). I cancelled our reservation at the Plaza Restaurant that day, made one for a little later AND a just-in-case one for the following all-day MK day. Ha! Here's what we got...

Hollywood Studios
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
Tower of Terror - We might leave before this time rolls around.

Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise
Winnie the Pooh - I loathe this ride, but my partner loves it, so I'm glad we'll be able to just hop on and off instead of having to wait in line or waste a FP.
Enchanted Tales with Belle - So glad this was an option because I didn't want to wait around forever for this one.
Peter's Pan's Flight - This is one I like to go on once, but wouldn't want to use a FP on.

I would have loved to get a Fantastic! seating one (if they even do that), but none of the F! days were on days that worked for us.
Did they offer MSEP and Wishes this time around? Those are the ones I couldve really used.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #310
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Good Morning friends!

I was super busy yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do here so I'll get to that .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I just tried the FastPass+ website with my confirmation number, and it worked! But, now I go back to the drawing board...

The FP+ trial is working the first two days of our trip, Dec 14 + 15, and will be active in MK and DHS. As of now, we're planning on being on DHS on the 15th, so that's fine. But we were planning on going to Epcot on the 14th. Is it worth swapping one of our MK days with the Epcot day, just to experience FP+?

Talking (typing) out loud: I could add park hoppers onto our reservation, and split our arrival day between MK and Epcot (as of now, I have FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight, Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, Space Mountain, and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, all between 1PM and 6PM).

Then, I could split my MK day on 12/18 between Epcot and MK. Right now, we have a full day in MK, plus MVMCP...with a 4:45PM ADR at 'Ohana. Instead, we could do Epcot in the AM, keep the 'Ohana dinner, then head to MK for MVMCP after.

Or, I could ignore the FP+ for the 14th, and just use it on the 15th while we're in DHS (I got Star Tours, TSM, and ToT, all before 1:20PM).
SUPER excited about some being tested for FP+ .... I have been stalking all news on this!!

Personally, I would change my MK days to be able to use the FP+ - for me, using it for the parades or fireworks is SO worth it, not having to pick a spot etc. Also Jordan, if you did swap days, I would re-consider using it on Laugh Floor, that attraction (I love it!!) and use it on something with long stand-by times ... what were your choices???
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #311
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post

I would tend to probably change....but that's me! Monorail between Epcot and MK shouldn't be too terrible.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #312
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Good Morning friends!

I was super busy yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do here so I'll get to that .....

SUPER excited about some being tested for FP+ .... I have been stalking all news on this!!

Personally, I would change my MK days to be able to use the FP+ - for me, using it for the parades or fireworks is SO worth it, not having to pick a spot etc. Also Jordan, if you did swap days, I would re-consider using it on Laugh Floor, that attraction (I love it!!) and use it on something with long stand-by times ... what were your choices???
There is a parade/fireworks component to this?? That is a huge perk! Looking forward to hearing more about this, too. Although, changing itineraries at this late date, would provoke a little...ok, alot of anxiety!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #313
molitva
Mouseketeer

Here's my holiday "baking"

Brought to you by Cadbury's and 2 day delivery

Last edited by molitva; 11-30-2012 at 06:45 AM.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #314
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva
can't get a photo to resize! Any idea how to shrink a photo that's linked form photobucket?
Go to photobucket and click on adjustments, I think. The resize tab is on the bottom row and is a square with a smaller square inside it. I usually shrink to 400x whatever the number adjusts to. Then you have to save it and copy the IMg code
Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #315
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Go to photobucket and click on adjustments, I think. The resize tab is on the bottom row and is a square with a smaller square inside it. I usually shrink to 400x whatever the number adjusts to. Then you have to save it and copy the IMg code
Thanks!! I got it smaller (too small) but I give up lol
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: