Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #2491
organized mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice
We were in Disney from December 22-29. I was dreading the crowds most of all. The only time we felt the pressure of the crowd was on December 27 at DHS. It was pretty crowded mid day. We had rider swap passes for RNRC and the line went past the fastpass entrance. We decided not to wait and eventually gave away our pass. We left the park for about 90 minutes to visit GF for the gingerbread house. We were able to get 2 sets of fastpasses for TSM, but we gave our 2nd set away to a wonderful family that we met at Osbourne Lights. They arrived too late to get passes because they had planned to go to MK that day but got turned away. We had already ridden it once...they deserved a turn as well
It seemed as if many people did not know about fastpasses at all...
We were there that day too! It was very crowded. And we didn't get there until lunchtime. So no TSM for us. I did get ran into by some lady on an EVC. She slammed right into me so I was done riding for the day. Didn't even stop to apologize. DH stopped her to point it out. I was stationary and when he told her she ran into me she said "Oh she must have backed up!" The nerve! I was sore for 2 days from the impact! But in that last hour DH and DD rode TOT 2 times and RNR 2 times with no waits! Just the time it took to walk through the lines. How I wish I could've rode but was hurting so badly. I didn't get to ride either of those when we went in Feb because I was pregnant with DS. Guess we have to go back soon ;-)

12/2012
organized mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #2492
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Started my trip report! You can find it here

Where is our group TR thread again?

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #2493
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
What did you do before the kids were born? Are you thinking about going back for more training/degrees?
Before DS10 was born and up until he was 7, I worked full time as a receptionist. Then I was laid off in 2009 and became a SAHM. Mostly b/c there were no jobs available in my field. The other reason is that DS was acting up a lot at the age of 7. When I became a SAHM, he made a complete 180. Turns out that he wasn't getting enough quality time with DH and I. By the time all of us got home, I'd make dinner than about an hour afterward eating, it would be time for DS to go to bed. There wasn't any time for us to be together except on weekends. Both DH and I were exhausted during the week and I was ready for bed at DS's bed time.

Things are getting a bit tight with one income (DH's) that I now need to find another job to give us that extra income. I'm not thinking of going back to school. I've already done that while I was working full time at one of my jobs (that company offered tuition reimbursement and I took advantage of it). The only problem with my area is that most of the jobs in my field are too far away that I would not be able to get back in time before after-care ends to pick up DS. DH and I don't have anyone that would be able to pick DS up 5 days a week.

I have been checking Indeed dot com's web site periodically and have applied for one job yesterday that is close by. It's been hard with the holidays, but I feel that the job market may change after today now that the holiday season is over.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #2494
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/t...?vk=BmA4W5Ubjh

Let me know if that works... It's a mix of 2 different cameras, cell phones, photopass and the stock gallery CD....
Nicely done! Beautiful job . I have to admit that I was looking at people in the background to see if we might have been in there . We weren't.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #2495
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Home! Working on our trip report, but we had a super great time!! 1500 photos between me and dd, and 400 photopass! I'd go back between Christmas and New Years, no doubt! Magical trip!
How were the crowds?

Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #2496
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

PhotoPass Update

Finally finished going through all of our photos (added borders to some) and have ordered our completed PhotoPass CD! It will arrive in 7-10 days

I received an email stating that it will expire on the 8th so we had to get our butts moving and edit them so we could order the CD. I can't wait to get it!

Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #2497
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

Nicely done! Beautiful job . I have to admit that I was looking at people in the background to see if we might have been in there . We weren't.
Aww thanks!! It would be fun if you were like Hey I'm on page 8!!! Or if you were like hey I saw her wandering around AKs parking lot looking up at the sky like it was some sort of celestial GPS to her car.....
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #2498
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh and I'm getting 3 copies, a 12x12 for me and two 8x8 for MIL and SIL - I'm not getting one for my mom because she barely left her room and not in many pictures.... I can't wait to give the one to MIL when we go to NJ in 2.5 weeks and I will send my SIL - figure they will be awesome belated Xmas presents!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #2499
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Before DS10 was born and up until he was 7, I worked full time as a receptionist. Then I was laid off in 2009 and became a SAHM. Mostly b/c there were no jobs available in my field. The other reason is that DS was acting up a lot at the age of 7. When I became a SAHM, he made a complete 180. Turns out that he wasn't getting enough quality time with DH and I. By the time all of us got home, I'd make dinner than about an hour afterward eating, it would be time for DS to go to bed. There wasn't any time for us to be together except on weekends. Both DH and I were exhausted during the week and I was ready for bed at DS's bed time.

Things are getting a bit tight with one income (DH's) that I now need to find another job to give us that extra income. I'm not thinking of going back to school. I've already done that while I was working full time at one of my jobs (that company offered tuition reimbursement and I took advantage of it). The only problem with my area is that most of the jobs in my field are too far away that I would not be able to get back in time before after-care ends to pick up DS. DH and I don't have anyone that would be able to pick DS up 5 days a week.

I have been checking Indeed dot com's web site periodically and have applied for one job yesterday that is close by. It's been hard with the holidays, but I feel that the job market may change after today now that the holiday season is over.
Good luck! I know that the job market in your area is tough. MIL has been unemployed for 8-10 months. :
Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #2500
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Oh and I'm getting 3 copies, a 12x12 for me and two 8x8 for MIL and SIL - I'm not getting one for my mom because she barely left her room and not in many pictures.... I can't wait to give the one to MIL when we go to NJ in 2.5 weeks and I will send my SIL - figure they will be awesome belated Xmas presents!
How much was it to make the photobook? I just showed DH and he liked the idea of doing it.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #2501
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

How much was it to make the photobook? I just showed DH and he liked the idea of doing it.
They really have a pretty good range of prices from about $15 for an 8.5 x 8.5 softcover up to $60 or so for leather (and a bunch of price points in between) my 12x12 hardcover was $71 and it was 12 extra pages. I had a 30% off coupon code which brought it to about $50. The 8.5 ones were $30 or so each - they were also hardcover and 20% off.

It was more than I anticipated spending - but we hadnt seen my SIL and her husband in 6 years and well it was just the best time ever However, it does seem like they run sales around holidays. Also when you sign up they give you a code for 20% off. Also shutterfly does them too. What I liked on mixbook (and I don't know if you can do this on shutterfly) is I could create the book and wait until a promo was available to purchase. I missed the Xmas one and took advantage of the New Years one - which I had to rush to finish before it expired

It was a lot of fun to make- I should have the finished copy next week and ill let you know what I think
Old 01-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #2502
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post

Yeah, I know several of my friends are starting work next week since the companies they'll be working for just got their funding together for new/extra hires.
It is difficult finding work within a commuting distance ... if nothing else we've been fortunate to have work within a 5 minute drive of our house/DS6's school, and the job I'll be going back to is wonderfully flexible on the occasions which I might need to go pick him up from school because he missed the bus, etc.

Good luck in your hunt!
Quote:
They really have a pretty good range of prices from about $15 for an 8.5 x 8.5 softcover up to $60 or so for leather (and a bunch of price points in between) my 12x12 hardcover was $71 and it was 12 extra pages. I had a 30% off coupon code which brought it to about $50. The 8.5 ones were $30 or so each - they were also hardcover and 20% off.
Yeah, I probably should have signed up for the ShutterFly e-mails before the holidays ... I used to love getting coupons from Kodakgallery and making books over there a few times per year.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #2503
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

I am finally BACK in the real world

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2013 is your year!

Well, Disney kinda took it out of me .... came back, of course was totally depressed about it, Christmas was on top of me and I hadn't done a darn thing so frantic shopping, baking, planning, cleaning (but I loved it HA!), our family always take between Christmas & New year as vacation so I have been totally consumed in the holidays & cooking .... lots of cooking ....

I am over my Disney depression by way of planning our next trip

Hope is everyone is well, missed you guys and looking forward to being back with my December Roll-Call Buddies

Will take a wander over to our group TR thread and maybe I will finally be ready to talk about my trip
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #2504
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock
I am finally BACK in the real world

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2013 is your year!

Well, Disney kinda took it out of me .... came back, of course was totally depressed about it, Christmas was on top of me and I hadn't done a darn thing so frantic shopping, baking, planning, cleaning (but I loved it HA!), our family always take between Christmas & New year as vacation so I have been totally consumed in the holidays & cooking .... lots of cooking ....

I am over my Disney depression by way of planning our next trip

Hope is everyone is well, missed you guys and looking forward to being back with my December Roll-Call Buddies

Will take a wander over to our group TR thread and maybe I will finally be ready to talk about my trip
Hi!!

I've missed everyone! Kinda been in a slump since Disney it was just so awesome... And warm!! Yep it's gonna be -5 tonight brr.

When is your next trip??

Our christmas was rather frantic like getting our tree on 12/23 hehe the day after our tree farm closed for the season!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #2505
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!!

I've missed everyone! Kinda been in a slump since Disney it was just so awesome... And warm!! Yep it's gonna be -5 tonight brr.

Its not that cold here - although it got to 32 last night and I was whining HA! but it has not stopped raining ALL day, lots and lots of rain - bleh!

Quote:
When is your next trip??
Not FOREVER

This year we have to concentrate on getting a ranch built for my parents, my Mum can't really do any form of stairs now so that is No.1 on the agenda.

Sooooo, although it pains us, no trip this year. We have decided on 2014 BUT BUT BUT to make up for it, we're going for 12 days

Quote:

Our christmas was rather frantic like getting our tree on 12/23 hehe the day after our tree farm closed for the season!

Seriously, thats how I like it. I am so much more productive under pressure ... don't give me time cuz I will do absolutely nothing with it
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: