Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #1951
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Well, the cleaning and packing got done yesterday. I even did the load of laundry that I was supposed to do on Monday. Yay!

So now I'm at work with my suitcase. Just under 8 hours until I leave here and start my trip. Eek!!! We have a lot of buffer time from when I leave work at 4pm 'til the flight leaves at 7:30pm, so we're going to check our bags, go through security, and then eat dinner somewhere in the airport.

I'm almost on my way!

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
grrrlennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #1952
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
At 12:12 on 12/12/12...he asked and I said YES!!!!!
]
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
Morning all! Waiting on the ME bus to arrive and take us to MCO :-( Had a great trip, will start my TR probably tomorrow. The cord for my laptop stopped working earlier this trip so I've been using my iPhone. Will have to buy a new cord and charge my laptop first. Had fun Tweeting and "talking" to others via Twitter. I think my phone takes better pictures than my camera LOL!
Boo to coming home!! I enjoyed your twitter pictures!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #1953
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #1954
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Morning all! Waiting on the ME bus to arrive and take us to MCO :-( Had a great trip, will start my TR probably tomorrow. The cord for my laptop stopped working earlier this trip so I've been using my iPhone. Will have to buy a new cord and charge my laptop first. Had fun Tweeting and "talking" to others via Twitter. I think my phone takes better pictures than my camera LOL!
I had fun following you on twitter..I asked about the cheescake brownie..where did you get it?? DH would LOVE that
Wendimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #1955
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
Well, the cleaning and packing got done yesterday. I even did the load of laundry that I was supposed to do on Monday. Yay!

So now I'm at work with my suitcase. Just under 8 hours until I leave here and start my trip. Eek!!! We have a lot of buffer time from when I leave work at 4pm 'til the flight leaves at 7:30pm, so we're going to check our bags, go through security, and then eat dinner somewhere in the airport.

I'm almost on my way!
Have a great trip!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #1956
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Have a great trip!!!
Thanks! I can't wait!

Of course, I switched purses and forgot my work keys at home, but so far that's the only speed bump I've hit. Then again, it's only 8:30 here. Haha!

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #1957
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Eek! One week from today I'll be in Atlanta waiting to get on the second leg of our flight to Orlando I still have NO clue what to pack because the 10 day forecast seems to change every time I check the Weather Channel App on my phone, but at least the pile of stuff in my in-box at work is shrinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
I leave in less than 24 hours and I'm 100% stressed (to the point of being ill), not about Disney and our trip, but because of work. Everything looked good and order for my break but things are exploding right now and I'm not sure what will happen. I just can't see me working while at WDW. Without going into details, most of this stuff is out of my control but I have to deal with the consequences. It makes me really sad that I can't be excited right now, after a year of being excited I'm 1 day away and almost wishing we weren't going because of the work problems.
Ugh. So sorry work is so bad right now! Try REALLY hard not to stress about it too much and let it ruin your trip. It sounds like whatever is going to happen is going to happen and you'll be stuck with the fallout no matter what, which I know from way too much personal experience totally stinks, but I have learned freaking out about stuff like that doesn't help the situation and just makes you a total wreck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post

I'm almost on my way!
I commend you for being able to get ANY work done today. I'd be so excited I'd be bouncing off the walls of my office all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy tink View Post
Well my DH, DS 12 and I returned late Saturday 12/08 from WDW. We had a fabulous time. We spent two days + 4:00-12:00 (MVMCP) enjoying MK.

Our son had fun playing the wizard game. We walked up on almost every ride, it was great. The only time we waited longer than 10 minutes, was for Sum of all Thrills, which is great by the way!

The weather was fantastic! I brought 3 pair of long pants and had shorts on 99% of the time. I checked the temp last night at WDW, at 2:00am it was still 69 degrees.

I would say the temps were between 65 - 78 ish in a 24 hour period. Really just perfect weather. Loved the lights! Loved the Beauty and the Beast show at HS. Loved the CP! Brought tears to my eyes, so powerful and moving.

I purchased four t-shirts, red MVMCP, with the glittery tree on the front, the lavender fantasyland T, gray long sleeve with Dumbo on the front and at the UK pavilion I got a white T with a pic of Minnie sitting on her throne (like the queen).

I really went crazy buying Christmas gifts etc. I couldn't believe all the cute merchandise, in every park!

Now it's pretty much back to reality. Wrapping gifts and trying to prepare for Christmas. I still need to go through our photo pass photos. We had our picture taken at every opportunity.

You all are keeping me in the Disney frame of mind, can't resist checking in now and again.

Those of you who have not left, have a fantastic time and those of you that have returned, I can't wait to hear how much fun you had?

Happy Holidays!

Linda
Welcome back! Sounds like you had a fantastic trip and did loads of shopping like a good Dec. Dis Roll Caller
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #1958
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
I commend you for being able to get ANY work done today. I'd be so excited I'd be bouncing off the walls of my office all day!
Ha! I really don't have a choice. There's a lot that needs to be taken care of before I leave today.

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #1959
Disney_Fanatic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congratulations! What an amazing time for the proposal at the world!

May 2014 - POP and Sep 2014 - POFQ (Planning in progress)
Dec 2013 - POFQ (Got engaged at WDW!), Sep 2013 - POP, July 2013 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2012 - POFQ (1st Christmas Trip and MVMCP), Oct 2012 - HKDL, Sep 2012 - Disneyland CA (CarsLand!), Jun 2012 - CR (Amazing trip with DxDP)
Sep 2011 - POP and Dec 2011 - HKDL
Sep 2009 - SSR (FD + Upgrade from POP + Our 1st MNSSHP), Mar 2009 - HKDL
Aug 2008 - POP, Mar 2008 - HKDL
May 2007 - GF (Segway Tour + Fireworks Cruise) and Dec 2007 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL), Sept 2006 - Disneyland CA and Jul 2006 - POP (last trip to WDW with my Mom)
Aug 2005 - POP and May 2005 - Off Site
Nov 2003 - Off Site and Feb 2003 - Disneyland CA
Nov 2002 - POFQ, Jul 1996 - Tokyo Disney Resort
Jul 1994 - Disneyland CA, Jul 1992 - Off Site
Jul 1991 - Disneyland Resort Paris, Jul 1988 - Disneyland CA

Disney_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #1960
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Must be busy at Hollywood studios today..or is this normal?? " Pulled TSM FP @ 9:27, return time 2:10-3:10"

Makes me sooo nervous..lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #1961
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
That's amazing! And what a great photo! I don't know what's brighter, your ring or the Castle! So, so happy for you - get your buttons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
I leave in less than 24 hours and I'm 100% stressed (to the point of being ill), not about Disney and our trip, but because of work. Everything looked good and order for my break but things are exploding right now and I'm not sure what will happen. I just can't see me working while at WDW. Without going into details, most of this stuff is out of my control but I have to deal with the consequences. It makes me really sad that I can't be excited right now, after a year of being excited I'm 1 day away and almost wishing we weren't going because of the work problems.
This is so par for the course of major vacations and the days leading up to them! Best thing right now, is just put all your focus on work and get through the day... Don't think about the vacation or what needs to be done because when the work day is over - your vacation will still be there. It will make you feel better to know you've done all you can. And if you do end up having to work from the World then know you're still at the most magical place and all your hard work the past year has paid off... cyber flowers, my friend.
jwgm2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #1962
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom
Congratulations!!!!
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BCV,BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #1963
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn

I had fun following you on twitter..I asked about the cheescake brownie..where did you get it?? DH would LOVE that
I must have missed that, then again I don't think we had a cheesecake brownie either. Are you sure it was me?

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #1964
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post

Ugh. So sorry work is so bad right now! Try REALLY hard not to stress about it too much and let it ruin your trip. It sounds like whatever is going to happen is going to happen and you'll be stuck with the fallout no matter what, which I know from way too much personal experience totally stinks, but I have learned freaking out about stuff like that doesn't help the situation and just makes you a total wreck!
thank you! I just had to get it off my chest. I'll know in 40-60 minutes whether I need to be in crisis mode or not.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #1965
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I must have missed that, then again I don't think we had a cheesecake brownie either. Are you sure it was me?
OH..just realized that there is another Rachel I am following from here..oopsies...sorry...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: