Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #1591
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Getting ready to leave...

To come home that is

We've had a great time and now it's time to go back to reality, unfortunately. Bell hop is coming at 7:10 to pick up our luggage then afterwards over to CBR's Custom House to do our airline check in before heading over to DTD.

For those already here and are looking at shipping their Disney purchases back home here's an FYI that we found out yesterday. Items that are shipped via UPS will not arrive to your home until after Christmas. In other words January. The cut off date was December 5. This is the problem we have with the few items we bought. I still have to get a few more things over at DTD and now have to find a way to see if we can see if my mom or brother have room in their carry-on for those few items.

I'll give a mini trip report tomorrow after we are settled in at home (we're arriving home close to midnight tonight) and probably a full one on the Trip Reports board, which I'll link to this thread.

Gotta go. DH needs to pack up his laptop. Oh, before I go - Just wanted to say to Christine that it was nice meeting you on the bus a few nights ago! And to Valgoof - glad everything worked out for your vacation plans and that you are able to keep your original dates . I got the update from Christine on the bus.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #1592
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping

I think it is definitely worth doing at least once! Like Tltorrez said, they always pick 2 adults for the suits of armor. You're also more likely to get a part if there are fewer children in your group. I've done it twice now and the second time, I got picked to be the wardrobe! It's a really cute show and I enjoyed both watching and participating. Of course, it helps that BatB is my favorite Disney movie, and that I really love kids. But I would still recommend trying it
I should also add that they have enough parts now for everyone to participate. So when they say "Did everyone get a part that wants one?" There's no reason adults can't volunteer if they are game. I probably would have if I wasn't taking pics. But then, I do stand in character lines independent of my son.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #1593
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Gorgeous!!!! I hope it's that!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Lcaemom----Fingers crossed!! Don't open that box!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm View Post
So glad everyone is (relatively) ok. And I hope your adrenaline has settled from the scare!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
Well?!! Was the package from amazon????
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I'm trying to catch up but not every page is loading :-/ signal is spotty on the interstate. Our stop-over was a welcome break (I hate being cramped up in the car) we stayed at a Fairfield Inn which was really nice. DH and DD were so excited they were drinking hot cocoa in the lobby at 1.30am whilst I was sleeping haha. We set off an hour ago and Agnes (she's our gps) says we have 1hr 25 left. She can be quite bossy, that's when I call her Nagnes . Quoting is too much of a pain on the phone sorry. @Lcaemom sorry to hear about the accident but so glad no-one was hurt. @mom2travel so cool you got to meet cybrkitn!!! I hope I meet some of you! @tofubeast how are you feeling today? Hope you're getting better xx @everyone else, hope you are all well and I miss you x
Good morning to all of you!!!!!!!!!! Just wanted to update that FedEx came yesterday, at 2:55pm...it was a flat envelope with a little square box inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I texted DBF to let him know that it was here and asked if I could please put it in the safe and DO NOT open it!!! Oh and BTW, the return address was a jeweler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #1594
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Good morning to all of you!!!!!!!!!! Just wanted to update that FedEx came yesterday, at 2:55pm...it was a flat envelope with a little square box inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I texted DBF to let him know that it was here and asked if I could please put it in the safe and DO NOT open it!!! Oh and BTW, the return address was a jeweler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Squeeee!!!! Yay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Across the board shift in AK crowd numbers at TP for next week. Not sure how far out is affected but it all went from the usual 3-4 to 1.1. Not sure if this is real or a mistake or a change in model.

MK went up in a couple spots. Everything went up sat the 15th. But nothing as big a change as AK.
I just got that email. It's almost a universal reduction in crowd predictions for every day I'm going to be there! I'm surprised by how much AK dropped though. Seems odd.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #1595
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

One week from right now, my plane will be landing at MCO!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #1596
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's starting to feel real, eh?

OMG- two days! TWO days!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #1597
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom

Yahoo!!!!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #1598
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

Both of these are SQUEE!!!!!

We leave tomorrow!!

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #1599
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

You will easily make it, CP is just about an hour. The next showing is 6:45pm, so they have to get everyone out from the 5pm show and get everyone in for the next show. I was just there last Friday for it, had the 5pm time and was out around 6pm. That gives you 3 hours to get out of Epcot and over to Ft. Wilderness, which is at least twice the time you will need!!
Thank you so much! You have put my mind at ease.

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #1600
geckodani
DIS Veteran

I have to pack!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #1601
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Quote:

Yeah!!!!!

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #1602
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
I have to pack!
Umm..yes. Yes you do!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #1603
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Umm..yes. Yes you do!!
LOL! I always pack way to early, so I was trying not to this year. But we're busy all day tomorrow and we leave Monday so holy moly I need to get on that!

Edit: To add insult to injury my printer is out of ink and I can't print any of my docs.

Last edited by geckodani; 12-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #1604
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I should also add that they have enough parts now for everyone to participate. So when they say "Did everyone get a part that wants one?" There's no reason adults can't volunteer if they are game. I probably would have if I wasn't taking pics. But then, I do stand in character lines independent of my son.
Honestly, I love the characters as much as my girls do. Poor hubby is good about indulging us...although he seemed to enjoy seeing Jasmine last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
I am so excited for you! Maybe you can start a wedding planning thread. I know a lot of people who could offer tips and suggestions, especially if it's a Disney wedding!

Quote:
Mine too! This is me right now. this is me when I think of everything that needs to be done.

DH and I has a wonderful date to celebrate our anniversary. He sent roses to me at work and bought the new coach cross body bag I wanted. Then we had a yummy steak dinner and cocktails afterwards. I didn't drink much because of my medicine but hubby had a few and had to go back to bed this am because he had a headache! I think his head feels something like this.

tmbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #1605
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

So excited!!!! I just got a Le Cellier lunch ressie for 12/27!!!!!!!
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: