Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #1561
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
We named ours Steve.

So, 3 days to go, and my right foot is freaking out and hurting so badly I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I had surgery on that foot a few years ago and it is NOT happy right now. Why now?!?!
Oh no!! My foot was acting up last week. I made sure I wore good shoes for a few days (not flip flops) and got Dr. Scholls orthodics. That seems to have helped. Trying to keep your foot elevated the next few days if you can. I am so sorry.

Why are we all getting sick and having issues before our long awaited trips. Wah!!!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #1562
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Important Update

As you guys know, I will be at Disney as of this Sunday for the week. Not sure if I will be able to get on the threads etc. I am going to post on the front page that if people want to be added to the Roll Call or post their TR link, that they should PM me. So if you see someone posting on here, please remind them to PM me instead and that it may take a few days for it to get posted.

I really hope Part Five doesn't hit 250 while I am gone. Not sure I can start Part 6! BUT---that is why I started the Group Trip Report. So if it is getting super close to 250, head over there to chat! hehe. Seriously, that will be the best place to chat about your finished trips etc etc.

Thanks guys for your help!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #1563
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Important Update

As you guys know, I will be at Disney as of this Sunday for the week. Not sure if I will be able to get on the threads etc. I am going to post on the front page that if people want to be added to the Roll Call or post their TR link, that they should PM me. So if you see someone posting on here, please remind them to PM me instead and that it may take a few days for it to get posted.

I really hope Part Five doesn't hit 250 while I am gone. Not sure I can start Part 6! BUT---that is why I started the Group Trip Report. So if it is getting super close to 250, head over there to chat! hehe. Seriously, that will be the best place to chat about your finished trips etc etc.

Thanks guys for your help!
I think we'll be fine. Most of the chatty ones will be gone this week too.
But really, with 2 threads, I think we can manage. You rock! Get better and have an amazing and magical trip!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #1564
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

I'm out of work!!! It's officially vacation!!!

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #1565
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

ADR advice needed We will be in Magic Kingdom on Dec 26th..getting there at rope drop. I have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 1:40. Today I made one for Crystal Palace at 8:50pm. Is that too much time wasted on sit down meals? If I cancel one..it would be the Tavern. We plan to stay at Magic Kingdom as long as we can..they are open until 1am.. Thanks for any advice
Wendimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #1566
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
ADR advice needed We will be in Magic Kingdom on Dec 26th..getting there at rope drop. I have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 1:40. Today I made one for Crystal Palace at 8:50pm. Is that too much time wasted on sit down meals? If I cancel one..it would be the Tavern. We plan to stay at Magic Kingdom as long as we can..they are open until 1am.. Thanks for any advice
Personally, we love taking a long lunch break on days when we are going to be there for a very long time. Also, that's when it's going to be the most packed. There is nothing quite like getting in out of the crowds, sitting down, and just going, "Aaaaahhhhh......" Heck, I might even keep them both!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #1567
QueenElinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Random note - the Tutto Gusto wine bar is not open for PM EMH. Bummer.
Boo! I was going to relax in there while everyone else ran around like crazy people all evening. I still intend to stop by, though, it looks like a lovely little place.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #1568
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Personally, we love taking a long lunch break on days when we are going to be there for a very long time. Also, that's when it's going to be the most packed. There is nothing quite like getting in out of the crowds, sitting down, and just going, "Aaaaahhhhh......" Heck, I might even keep them both!
Thanks..just don't want to spend too much time eating..lmao..well I do but the boys might not..
Old 12-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #1569
QueenElinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
Thanks..just don't want to spend too much time eating..lmao..well I do but the boys might not..
Well, the LTT is first, so they probably won't be too antsy yet- and they should be well-entertained at the CP!

Of all the things my DH mentioned about my planning on the last trip, it was the ADR's. He thought it was just fabulous to get out of the crowds. I think we were at Star Wars Weekends at DHS that trip so the crowds were almost as heavy as they will be at MK on Dec. 26th!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #1570
QueenElinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I think we'll be fine. Most of the chatty ones will be gone this week too.
But really, with 2 threads, I think we can manage. You rock! Get better and have an amazing and magical trip!!
All right, team! It's up to us to take up the slack. Get to chattin'!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #1571
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Well, the LTT is first, so they probably won't be too antsy yet- and they should be well-entertained at the CP!

Of all the things my DH mentioned about my planning on the last trip, it was the ADR's. He thought it was just fabulous to get out of the crowds. I think we were at Star Wars Weekends at DHS that trip so the crowds were almost as heavy as they will be at MK on Dec. 26th!
Leaning towards keeping them both..I really wanna see Pooh..

Thanks
Old 12-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #1572
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Oh no!! My foot was acting up last week. I made sure I wore good shoes for a few days (not flip flops) and got Dr. Scholls orthodics. That seems to have helped. Trying to keep your foot elevated the next few days if you can. I am so sorry.

Why are we all getting sick and having issues before our long awaited trips. Wah!!!
I know. I could just scream. Oh well, my feet were going to be thrashed by the end of the trip anyway. This will just make me slow down and enjoy it more! My mom has surgery on her foot the same year I did too, so we'll gimp along together, LOL!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #1573
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn
We will be there the 26th too.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #1574
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast

I know!! I feel like I was hit by a mack truck today and I can't breathe. Uggh. Dd is much better though.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #1575
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
We will be there the 26th too.
Fun!! Seems like it is the best day to go that week..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: