Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #1531
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any experience renting a car through Hotwire? They have a full size car for over $100 less than my current rental (which is still the cheapest I've found anywhere else). That's a LOT of money! I've booked hotels through Hotwire in the past and have never had a problem, but don't have any experience with their car rentals.
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #1532
Disney_Fanatic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I agree. I debated a similar switch for months!! Actually, up until I got laid off 3 weeks ago, I was still considering switching to POR. The queen beds would be nice. That is my biggest issue with POP. But I have heard how great the food court, CMs and busses are so I think we will be happy with Pop. If you already know you like Pop, I would stick with that.
We spend most of our time in the park so POP was always the choice and we've stayed there for 4 times. CMs are really friendly and we love the food court and arcade. We stayed there in 2011 after the rooms were renovated and thought it was nice, especially when we don't even need to get a fridge from fridge-swap this year! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as we do (the "POP" waffle and chicken penne alfredo is a must-try item)!

Feb 2015- POFQ (Planning in progress), Oct 2015 - HKDL (Wedding), Oct 2015 - Tokyo Disney Resort & WDW CR (Honeymoon)
May 2014 - POP, Dec 2014 - HKDL
Dec 2013 - POFQ (Got engaged at WDW!), Sep 2013 - POP, July 2013 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2012 - POFQ (1st Christmas Trip and MVMCP), Oct 2012 - HKDL, Sep 2012 - Disneyland CA (CarsLand!), Jun 2012 - CR (Amazing trip with DxDP)
Sep 2011 - POP and Dec 2011 - HKDL
Sep 2009 - SSR (FD + Upgrade from POP + Our 1st MNSSHP), Mar 2009 - HKDL
Aug 2008 - POP, Mar 2008 - HKDL
May 2007 - GF (Segway Tour + Fireworks Cruise) and Dec 2007 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL), Sept 2006 - Disneyland CA and Jul 2006 - POP (last trip to WDW with my Mom)
Aug 2005 - POP and May 2005 - Off Site
Nov 2003 - Off Site and Feb 2003 - Disneyland CA
Nov 2002 - POFQ, Jul 1996 - Tokyo Disney Resort
Jul 1994 - Disneyland CA, Jul 1992 - Off Site
Jul 1991 - Disneyland Resort Paris, Jul 1988 - Disneyland CA

Disney_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #1533
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Fanatic View Post
We spend most of our time in the park so POP was always the choice and we've stayed there for 4 times. CMs are really friendly and we love the food court and arcade. We stayed there in 2011 after the rooms were renovated and thought it was nice, especially when we don't even need to get a fridge from fridge-swap this year! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as we do (the "POP" waffle and chicken penne alfredo is a must-try item)!
Thanks! It is always nice to hear a positive review, especially from someone who has stayed at so many resorts. This is my first onsite stay. Chicken alfredo is one of DH's favorite foods, so he will definitely be trying that!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #1534
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
You're not all going to disappear immediately from this thread once December is over right? Our trip carries over into January and I'd still like to tell you all how it went!
Ours too! If you'll be in MK on 12/30, and Epcot 12/31, let's try to add another DISmeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Tofu is going to start a group trip report thread so we can all share and relive!
An Excellent idea! The last 2 trips I planned to do a TR, but never got up the steam to start it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Even though, yesterday is a day that would not want to relive again...knowing the girls and the other kids who were in this accident all turned out fine...and coming here and reading all sweet things you all said, was a HUGE comfort!!!
So glad everyone is (relatively) ok. And I hope your adrenaline has settled from the scare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
The HIGH today where I live is going to be 25 degrees colder than the LOW when we're in Florida.
No matter what, I will be fine with the weather!
Absolutely, it's vacation in FL!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #1535
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

We are on the way to the airport. Reading my earlier post, I realized I have forgotten my straight iron and my curling iron! So, my hair will be blah.

I am in full-on anxiety mode. I hate flying! My fight or flight instinct is kicking in, and I want to stay home! .

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #1536
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
We are on the way to the airport. Reading my earlier post, I realized I have forgotten my straight iron and my curling iron! So, my hair will be blah.

I am in full-on anxiety mode. I hate flying! My fight or flight instinct is kicking in, and I want to stay home! .
No! Grab a festive cocktail at the airport to calm your nerves, and don't worry about the hair. I forgot my curling iron once and I just twisted my hair up in two little knots at night when it was still damp and it was AWESOME. I looked like Merida! You're on vacation- do something wild with it, or even nothing at all!

I also have a tendency to worry about small things and lots of times I just have to sit back and say "Forget it (well, not those words exactly but this is a family friendly board) I'm going to have me some FUN!"

And you will, too!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #1537
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No! Grab a festive cocktail at the airport to calm your nerves, and don't worry about the hair. I forgot my curling iron once and I just twisted my hair up in two little knots at night when it was still damp and it was AWESOME. I looked like Merida! You're on vacation- do something wild with it, or even nothing at all!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #1538
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We got our FP+ cards and I added them to the growing pile of plastic. I downloaded an app to track Disney gift cards- not sure how useful it will be but it looked interesting. Trying to go paperless this trip- but I guess not plastics-free!
I have that same app....and you are right.....it isn't terribly useful but it helps ME keep track of what each card is going for! I've also written on the plastic card itself in a sharpie.....indicating what it's to be used for. I suppose it's also good to keep a separate listing of each card and it's number along with it's special code in case one is lost or stolen. You need to keep the receipt if that's the case and they can be canceled and reissued. Any way, it kept me busy for a good 30 minutes and kept my mind from going nuts in anticipation. I'm going to go get 2 more cards later today just to have for "extras". That way pretty much everything will be paid for without having to use the kind of plastic that charges you interest if you don't pay it off at the end of the month.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #1539
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Subscribed to it! I'm going to start loading my trip pictures (all 2000 of them!!!) onto Photobucket tonight so I can start my TR. I'll post my link there once I start it, as well as some of my favorite pics and tips from my trip to help those going later this month!
I will try keeping up while we're in Orlando...utilizing drive times, etc....but I can't multi-quote on my phone.

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. I know I will have a bazillion as we have PP+ and are eating at many of the restaurants that use them as well. I've been known to take a lot of pictures myself
Old 12-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #1540
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I have that same app....and you are right.....it isn't terribly useful but it helps ME keep track of what each card is going for! I've also written on the plastic card itself in a sharpie.....indicating what it's to be used for. I suppose it's also good to keep a separate listing of each card and it's number along with it's special code in case one is lost or stolen. You need to keep the receipt if that's the case and they can be canceled and reissued. Any way, it kept me busy for a good 30 minutes and kept my mind from going nuts in anticipation. I'm going to go get 2 more cards later today just to have for "extras". That way pretty much everything will be paid for without having to use the kind of plastic that charges you interest if you don't pay it off at the end of the month.
Yes, that kind of plastic can be dangerous!

Is there any way to combine balances? I'd really love to load it all on one card.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #1541
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post

I hate flying too.......at least it's afternoon for you and you can have a cocktail. Our flight leaves out of StL at 6:40 AM tomorrow!

Close your eyes, say a prayer, and have a nice drink. You'll be there before you know it!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #1542
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that kind of plastic can be dangerous!

Is there any way to combine balances? I'd really love to load it all on one card.
Don't think so.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #1543
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This works well! I put mine up in a bun and go to sleep and get awesome waves.

I haven't used my hair dryer on a regular basis in years!

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #1544
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
I will try keeping up while we're in Orlando...utilizing drive times, etc....but I can't multi-quote on my phone.

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. I know I will have a bazillion as we have PP+ and are eating at many of the restaurants that use them as well. I've been known to take a lot of pictures myself
I forgot to add my PP+ pics to the total since I'm still waiting for the CD to arrive. I have over 200 of those as well. The 2000+ I was talking about were the ones I took with my camera

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #1545
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
I hate flying too.......at least it's afternoon for you and you can have a cocktail. Our flight leaves out of StL at 6:40 AM tomorrow!

Close your eyes, say a prayer, and have a nice drink. You'll be there before you know it!

Sister, never fear... cocktails are served in flight as early as 6am... trust me, I know...
jwgm2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: