Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #121
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnon
My Fastpass+ options show Standby for Wishes, but is grayed out, and I can't select it.

This would be my first choice if available.
Does anyone know what area is reserved for Wishes?
Make sure there is Wishes that day. I noticed it said that on all the Party nights.

It's near the Plaza restaurant this time. Though they used other sites in the last test.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #122
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80
Does anyone know where the FP+ seating for MSEP is? Wondering if we could stay for Wishes afterward.
In front of the castle. Might be too close for good Wishes viewing.I was able to get it for the second parade so presumably at some point they'll clear out the first group.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #123
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo

Anyone care to join me in predicting the future of "FP postings" here on the DISboards?
Some of the posts here have already been quite entertaining.

Question for you - will we likely have a clear view of the castle light show from the Wishes viewing area " next to the Plaza restaurant"? Looking at your map based on the last test, I can see trees in the way but I don't know about the angles and elevations.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #124
poohj80
Got Hunny?
 
poohj80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 5,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
In front of the castle. Might be too close for good Wishes viewing.I was able to get it for the second parade so presumably at some point they'll clear out the first group.
Thanks! In front right on the street? Have you seen any issues with other guests getting upset that FP+ holders can just walk up and get a prime seat when they have been camping out awhile? I remember when FP first started we heard several comments about cutting in line from guests who didn't understand the system yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Question for you - will we likely have a clear view of the castle light show from the Wishes viewing area " next to the Plaza restaurant"? Looking at your map based on the last test, I can see trees in the way but I don't know about the angles and elevations.
I must have missed the map. Can you please point me to it? Thanks!
__________________

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week

Last edited by poohj80; 12-01-2012 at 10:02 AM.
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #125
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80

Thanks! In front right on the street? Have you seen any issues with other guests getting upset that FP+ holders can just walk up and get a prime seat when they have been camping out awhile? I remember when FP first started we heard several comments about cutting in line from guests who didn't understand the system yet.
I've done wheelchair seating in this area. And knowing how upset guests get about that, I would expect this to be much worse. Having said that, the CMs that handle wheelchair and VIP sections (saw this at Fantasmic for the Chilean miners) are specially trained to handle this. They are ever polite but they do not back down. In my opinion it's one of the hardest jobs in the park. Assuming the FP CMs have the same training, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, it's random but someone has to test the system. Enjoy the pixie dust.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #126
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80
I must have missed the map. Can you please point me to it? Thanks!
Sorry, it was from the last test thread. I save all of Robo's maps in Evernote. Never know when you'll need one.

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...03&postcount=5

Looks like they are not using the Rose Garden this time.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #127
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,310

Well, we arrive by ME on the 6th with room only, then check back in with free dining the 10th,and leave by ME on the 16th. And we're not part of it. I'm totally disappointed.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #128
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk
Well, we arrive by ME on the 6th with room only, then check back in with free dining the 10th,and leave by ME on the 16th. And we're not part of it. I'm totally disappointed.
Yeah, I don't think I would've gotten it if I hadn't done the split stay.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #129
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Yeah, I don't think I would've gotten it if I hadn't done the split stay.
But ours is a split stay too. So I still don't quite get it. We check in on the 6th, then again on the 10th. What makes it really hard is that we have planned for the better part of a year to tour the parks with our friends (who were selected). Now they will be off doing other things part of the day.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #130
poohj80
Got Hunny?
 
poohj80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 5,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
But ours is a split stay too. So I still don't quite get it. We check in on the 6th, then again on the 10th. What makes it really hard is that we have planned for the better part of a year to tour the parks with our friends (who were selected). Now they will be off doing other things part of the day.
I'm guessing you have to be use ME on one of the days between Dec 11-15 from how I read the wording. We arrive on the 12th which is why I'm guessing we were eligible. We usually drive so am SO excited that we decided to fly for this trip! Merry early Christmas to me!!
__________________

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #131
Cinderella1122
DVC member since 2008
 
Cinderella1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philly, Pa
Posts: 1,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
But ours is a split stay too. So I still don't quite get it. We check in on the 6th, then again on the 10th. What makes it really hard is that we have planned for the better part of a year to tour the parks with our friends (who were selected). Now they will be off doing other things part of the day.
Did you try plugging your info into the site. I've read that some were able to reserve without getting an e-mail. I'm hoping the extend the tests into the next week.
__________________
* DVC Member AKV & BLT *


June 2014 - All Star Music
December 2014 - Saratoga Springs
June 2015 - All Star Music
December 2015 - Bay Lake Tower
Cinderella1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #132
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
I'm guessing you have to be use ME on one of the days between Dec 11-15 from how I read the wording. We arrive on the 12th which is why I'm guessing we were eligible. We usually drive so am SO excited that we decided to fly for this trip! Merry early Christmas to me!!
No, my friend is arriving by ME on the 8th and was selected.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #133
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

But ours is a split stay too. So I still don't quite get it. We check in on the 6th, then again on the 10th. What makes it really hard is that we have planned for the better part of a year to tour the parks with our friends (who were selected). Now they will be off doing other things part of the day.
Maybe it's because you check in on the 10th. Or maybe it's your DME date. Are your friends dates different? Perhaps if you go to Guest Relations they can accommodate you.

And, unless its a super crowded day, they don't really have to use them. Honestly, I didn't really like the setup of the regular FPs. The times were so random, I suspect I wouldn't have used them all anyway. I hate criss-crossing the park. And some conflicted with the afternoon parade. That's why I ended up using it on my non-MK day just for the parade and wishes.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #134
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

No, my friend is arriving by ME on the 8th and was selected.
When is her return on DME? My return is on the 15th.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #135
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
- will we likely have a clear view of the castle light show from the Wishes viewing area " next to the Plaza restaurant"?
A few years ago when Disney was specially promoting a new Castle Show (Cinderellabration) and they anticipated a lot of guests trying to see it, they CUT DOWN all of the nice trees that used to be in the Hub
(to clear the sight-lines in more of the Hub area.)

If they are trying to add new Reserved viewing spots in MK for the parade, fireworks, castle projection show du jour, etc., I'm thinking that more tree removal will be in the works.

(Doubt that it will be done in time for this test, but stay tuned for more info as time goes by.)
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.