Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #91
mrobsch
Earning My Ears

We arrive on the 15th, signed up for ME, but didn't get an email and none of our reservation numbers worked to log in. So i called and the CM said since we were getting there only the last day, we weren't eligible, even though I said we'd be willing to go over to MK that night for MSEP and Wishes (not the original plan). Bummed.
mrobsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #92
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Wohoo! Got mine in the mail today!!!!!!

Now to figure out what the heck I am doing!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #93
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Finally got it with my resort reservation ID. THANKS SO MUCH to all who posted. We usually drive but are flying for a quick holiday weekend and these will really help get everything accomplished!!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week

Last edited by poohj80; 11-30-2012 at 02:20 PM.
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #94
LostSock
Mickey is my main man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Sigh.

I just entered mine and got the same message. I've been worried about the post grand opening crowds. Now I'll be starting most of our days with a big chunk of other folks ahead of us in the FP game..........
Are you staying in a value resort like me?

If these people are able to get regular fast passes AND use their special whatever passes for my Dec 8th-14th trip I am seriously going to complain. If there are so few people doing the test, I don't notice then fine, whatever Mickey. I just hope it doesn't change my wait times or availability of regular FP during certain times.

1992: Off Site |1995: All Star Music |1996: All Star Music |1997: All Star Music |1998: Coronado Springs |
2000: All Star Music
|2001: Off Site |2005: All Star Music |2007: College Program (World of Dis & BBBoutique) |
2011: All Star Movies (Honeymoon!)
|2012: All Star Sports |2012: Pop Century
LostSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #95
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Does anyone else find it strange that FP+ is being tied to ME reservations, and not resort reservations?

If this is the plan going forward, then people who aren't taking ME will reserve a ride anyway, to get access to FP+

Unless, they plan to start charging for ME....
Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #96
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

FAQs from the FP+ website that are relevant to the discussion going on here:

Quote:
When will I receive my FastPass+ cards?
Your Disney FastPass+ cards will be shipped to you via US Postal Service one week prior to your arrival. If they do not arrive by mail, please visit the Disneys Magical Express Welcome Center at the Orlando International Airport for assistance.

If Ive lost my Disney FastPass+ card(s), how can I get a replacement?
Upon arrival at Disneys Magical Express at the Welcome Center in Orlando International Airport, Cast Members will be available to provide you with a new Disney FastPass+ card. In addition, you can visit City Hall at Magic Kingdom® Park or Guest Relations at Disneys Hollywood Studios® once you arrive at the parks.

Can members of my party have different Disney FastPass+ selections?
Yes. Guests within the same reservation can select different Disney FastPass+ experiences, but they must all be on the same day.

Can I give my FastPass+ card to someone not in my travel party?
No, this offer and your FastPass+ cards are non transferable.

How do I redeem my Disney FastPass+ selections?
To redeem a Disney FastPass+ selection simply present your Disney FastPass+ card to the Cast Member at the Disney FastPass+ entrance of the attraction, show or entertainment offering during your arrival window.

Can I obtain standard FASTPASS tickets for Magic Kingdom® Park and Disneys Hollywood Studios® attractions if I am participating in the test?
Yes, Guests can acquire standard FASTPASS tickets for those attractions currently operating Disney FASTPASS service. The FastPass+ card is only valid for the date(s), times and experiences selected for the test.
levenhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #97
mommycal
Mouseketeer

boo hissss! We are there the 10th - 16. WHY weren't we picked? Is there ANY hope left? should I call? LOL
mommycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #98
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Not thrilled that the Swan and Dolphin are left out of this process. Does not bode well for the future. Up until now, those resorts have been grouped with Disney's for EMHs and most other perks. But FP+ doesn't seem as much as a "perk" as it is "the wave of the future". Will not sit well if Swan and Dolphin guests are lumped in with Kissimmee roadside hotel guests.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #99
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
FAQs from the FP+ website that are relevant to the discussion going on here:
Thanks for posting these! I was wondering how folks who received an e-mail vs. real mail received the FP+ cards. Now I know we can just check at ME if we don't receive them ahead of time.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #100
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSock View Post
Are you staying in a value resort like me?

If these people are able to get regular fast passes AND use their special whatever passes for my Dec 8th-14th trip I am seriously going to complain. If there are so few people doing the test, I don't notice then fine, whatever Mickey. I just hope it doesn't change my wait times or availability of regular FP during certain times.
We're staying at AoA. And to top it off, our friends (also staying at AoA), with whom we will be touring the parks DID get chosen. So I guess when they to do their FP+ rides, we can sit and watch.

BOO!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #101
ldnon
Earning My Ears

"Standby" for Wishes Viewing Area ??

My Fastpass+ options show Standby for Wishes, but is grayed out, and I can't select it.

This would be my first choice if available.
Does anyone know what area is reserved for Wishes?
ldnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #102
mommycal
Mouseketeer

so if I pick say space mtn and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. can I go back in and change my selections after? and pick 2 other rides?
mommycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #103
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal
so if I pick say space mtn and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. can I go back in and change my selections after? and pick 2 other rides?
Yes. You can revise your picks until you use them.
levenhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #104
MDChris
Ready for Vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post
boo hissss! We are there the 10th - 16. WHY weren't we picked? Is there ANY hope left? should I call? LOL
Mommycal - have you tried your reservation number on your yellow ME tags? That worked for my sister in-law today. Worth a shot!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #105
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

I guess we didn't get the pixie dust either... Tried our ME number without any luck. I called and were told that we aren't eligible without the email. Boo!!! We are there from the 9th until the 12th. Oh well.....

Ferrentinos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: