Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #76
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
I laughed when I read these choices.

Lights Motors Action??? They seat people even after the show has started, and I've never heard of a full stadium for the show.

What exactly is a FP going to accomplish here?

Maybe some special preferred seating section?? Will be curious to know about this if anyone actually chooses this option.
They needed a choice left when all the TSMM and RnR spots were gone.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #77
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

We are going 12/8-12/16 and were selected. So far, it's been a headache, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works in the parks. We are going with a large group that has been broken up into 3 smaller groups for reservations. My husband, daughter, and I are on one reservation. My mom, dad, and sister are on another reservation. My grandmother and grandfather are on the third. It wasn't much fun trying to coordinate it so we could all have the same fast passes (my grandparents don't want to be separated from the group at any time). We managed to decide which rides we all would be able to ride and get fast passes for, but coordinating times was a little more difficult. Not that any of this is Disney's fault. We are the ones with the difficult demands. We finally decided to stick together at MK, but I convinced my grandparents that we could split up at DHS. I got them fast passes for the shows while the rest of us go on rides. I will drop them off at a show, go on the ride, and then go pick them up once my ride and their show is over.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #78
nuge67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleyann View Post
From Disney;

From Dec. 11-15, select Guests who are registered to use Disney’s Magical Express service will be offered the opportunity to go online to pre-select four Disney FastPass+ experiences at Magic Kingdom Park and three experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park. Guests eligible for this test will be notified via mail this week, at the mailing address on the booking. The mailing includes FastPass+ cards .

I don't understand what this means?

HELP?
nuge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #79
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge67 View Post
I don't understand what this means?

HELP?
We arrive on the 8th and leave on the 16th. We were selected. Because of this, I think it means that you have to be at WDW on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, or 15th (some people selected were not there for all of those days) and be signed up to take Magical Express to and from the airport at some point (not necessarily those dates). If you meet this criteria, you might get selected to take part in Fast Pass+.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #80
nuge67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
We arrive on the 8th and leave on the 16th. We were selected. Because of this, I think it means that you have to be at WDW on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, or 15th (some people selected were not there for all of those days) and be signed up to take Magical Express to and from the airport at some point (not necessarily those dates). If you meet this criteria, you might get selected to take part in Fast Pass+.
I do but for in Feb..............
nuge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #81
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

We arrive on the 10th and are staying until the 18th. We got the email yesterday. FastPass Plus cards will be mailed via USPS and must bring them with you to the park.

You can see all of the information for the program if you log in to https://fastpassplus.disney.go.com/FAQ.aspx.

We were able to use any day of our trip except the first day, the 10th. The e-mail we received said only the 11th-15th, but once in the program, it looked like I could pick any day. My days selected were the 14th and 15th though.
I'm excited and somewhat skeptical about my choices for "Preferred Viewing Locations" for Wishes and Main Street Electrical Parade.
oka1jeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #82
cmaee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oka1jeg View Post
I'm excited and somewhat skeptical about my choices for "Preferred Viewing Locations" for Wishes and Main Street Electrical Parade.
When I was making my choices last night, I waffled for a long time before making my decision due to the option of the preferred viewing location for Wishes. I wasn't sure exactly where that was located. I like to watch the fireworks from between Caseys Corner and the hub. I decided to choose another option instead of the wishes preferred viewing location because I was afraid it was going to be off center of the castle. Do you know where the the preferred viewing location is located?

Spring 1995 - Magical Mickey Music Days March 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside April 2009 (Easter) - Coronado Springs
August 2010 - Beach Club
December 2010 (Christmas) - Pop Century December 2012 - Pop Century
November 2014 - Pop Century
cmaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #83
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Sigh.

I just entered mine and got the same message. I've been worried about the post grand opening crowds. Now I'll be starting most of our days with a big chunk of other folks ahead of us in the FP game..........
I didn't even think of this! At least our DHS day is on the 10th, so we still have a chance there. But our already crowded MK day on the 12th could be interesting....
Old 11-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #84
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaee View Post
When I was making my choices last night, I waffled for a long time before making my decision due to the option of the preferred viewing location for Wishes. I wasn't sure exactly where that was located. I like to watch the fireworks from between Caseys Corner and the hub. I decided to choose another option instead of the wishes preferred viewing location because I was afraid it was going to be off center of the castle. Do you know where the the preferred viewing location is located?
Main Street Electrical - preferred viewing location in front of Cinderella's Castle
Wishes - preferred viewing location next to the Plaza Restaurant.
oka1jeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #85
cmaee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oka1jeg View Post
Main Street Electrical - preferred viewing location in front of Cinderella's Castle
Wishes - preferred viewing location next to the Plaza Restaurant.
Thank you. Now I wonder if I should change one of my experiences.

Spring 1995 - Magical Mickey Music Days March 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside April 2009 (Easter) - Coronado Springs
August 2010 - Beach Club
December 2010 (Christmas) - Pop Century December 2012 - Pop Century
November 2014 - Pop Century
cmaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #86
CanadianAli
Earning My Ears

No email for me, but tried the link and got right in with my reservation #. Made my selections, but might go back in and tweak when I look more closely with DH and our plans. It said that there was a wait list for the Wishes and MSEP selections now, so maybe Wishes Preferred viewing will open up as that would be ideal.

Quite easy so far for me...let's see if I get the cards in the mail - I doubt it since I leave on the 13th and am in Canada, and between USPS and Canada Post, it can be quite long sometimes.
CanadianAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #87
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
They are in process of adding FP's at all of the parks to a TON of attractions that generally do not ever need a FP.
This will allow/cause unsuspecting guests to use some of their FP+ choices for attractions that would otherwise have a very short standby wait.

But that is an entirely other kind of discussion.

Thanks for the info on how FPs for shows have worked in the past, Robo.

You know what occurs to me, though is this: Once FP+ rolls out in full, it could be that all of these attractions that have never really needed FP (because the standby wait was usually short) may just start needing FP after all (standby waits no longer short for them).

But, as youi say, that is a discussion for a different thread (once FP+ rolls out in full). The limited testing probably isn't going to reveal any impact on standby waits for traditionally short-line attractions.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #88
michellejed
DIS Veteran

I was so excited to get the email but after trying to pick the days we had already planned to be at MK and DS it turned out to be a mess!

The dates I wanted were not available to me and some of the rides were also not available when I tried to click on them!

I ended up with jungle cruise and preferred viewing for parade. All before the MVMCP we will attend but hadn't planned on going before 4!

We have 2 families going and they can't get on the Disney site to try and get the same so will see, I told them to call Disney and try to do it.
michellejed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #89
MDChris
Ready for Vacation!

I chose the Wishes preferred viewing as one of my selections and I know it says "Next to the Plaza Restaurant". Does that mean the patio down next to the water?

I'm betting there are going to be a number of Wishes Dessert party tickets opening up this week.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #90
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

So I would think that the testing for Fastpass+ is ready for Magic Kingdom and now they have moved to HS. Also to see how reserving at multiple parks goes.

My best guess would be another round of testing in February/March for AK/EP and then another in Apri/May for park that hasn't been tested yet.

Looks like the Fastpass+ system should be ready for full testing deployment in May/June, and then I would expect maybe the last set of tests with all features in September/October.

Disney is taking their time on this with all this testing plus getting all the resorts' keys switched over. I also think Disney will start testing the other features (some of which we don't know) during the spring/summer months.

Wouldn't surprise me if Disney tested the Fastpass all of 2013 for a full live deployment in 2014 to try and get all bugs ironed out if they can.

I just hope on my next trip we can be a test subject. I will have to make sure we are scheduled to use ME.

Last edited by fflmaster; 11-30-2012 at 01:49 PM.
fflmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: