Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #61
MistyD
Mouseketeer

We got a confirmation email but it doesn't say anything about mailing us anything. We leave in 12 days so maybe that's why? My DH is going to call them tomorrow to check.

Forgive me if I'm dense about this but... they will give us a FP+ card? Or will we get actual paper passes for each person in our party?

04/04 - Dismoon at CBR
12/04 - Christmas at WL
10/05 - Halloween at POFQ
12/08 - Christmas at POFQ
02/11 - POFQ!
12/12 - Christmas at POFQ...again!
MistyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #62
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyD View Post
We got a confirmation email but it doesn't say anything about mailing us anything. We leave in 12 days so maybe that's why? My DH is going to call them tomorrow to check.

Forgive me if I'm dense about this but... they will give us a FP+ card? Or will we get actual paper passes for each person in our party?
Our confirmation didn't say anything either about how we get the cards. Please post back what your DH finds out! We leave in 9 days.
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #63
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

The email says they'll mail the cards approx 7 days before you arrive. But it also says if you forget the card, you can get a replacement when you get to the DME check in desk.

Also, you can still get regular FPs, like everyone else, even if you do FP+.

EDIT: Sorry, not the email. It said it on the confirmation screen, after I had chosen my FP+ choices.

Last edited by levenhopper; 11-29-2012 at 11:34 PM.
levenhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #64
MistyD
Mouseketeer

So weird...our email doesn't say any of that...LOL! I will post back what my DH finds out. I'm excited to get a FB for Enchanted Tales with Belle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
The email says they'll mail the cards approx 7 days before you arrive. But it also says if you forget the card, you can get a replacement when you get to the DME check in desk.

Also, you can still get regular FPs, like everyone else, even if you do FP+.

04/04 - Dismoon at CBR
12/04 - Christmas at WL
10/05 - Halloween at POFQ
12/08 - Christmas at POFQ
02/11 - POFQ!
12/12 - Christmas at POFQ...again!
MistyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #65
jfelcie
Mouseketeer

I too received email today and picked our passes:yay . . . our trip is 11-18. It should be interesting! Have fun everyone!!!

jfelcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #66
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryannem View Post
For HS, here are the 2 sets:

1st set:
Lights Motors Action
Aerosmith
Toy Story

I laughed when I read these choices.

Lights Motors Action??? They seat people even after the show has started, and I've never heard of a full stadium for the show.

What exactly is a FP going to accomplish here?

Maybe some special preferred seating section?? Will be curious to know about this if anyone actually chooses this option.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #67
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyD View Post
So weird...our email doesn't say any of that...LOL! I will post back what my DH finds out. I'm excited to get a FB for Enchanted Tales with Belle!
Sorry, not the email. It said it on the confirmation screen, after I had chosen my FP+ choices.
levenhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #68
Tink135
Disney is my second home i can't wait to walk down Main Street... again :-)

Got this email and made our FP+ "reservation" times and rides selections! We are extremely excited to see how well FP+ will work and if it makes any difference to our vacation!

http://kelseysdisneycp.blogspot.com/
http://kelseysdcplife.tumblr.com/

Tink135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:42 AM   #69
osu2k1
Disneyland Veteran | Disneyworld Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
ooooh! We will be there then! arriving the 8th, but leaving the 15th. Does this only apply to guests arriving the 11th?

I would love to try this out!!
Ditto on the exact same dates! I guess one can wish.

SURPRISE TRIP FOR THE BOYS Dec 8-15, '12: Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest room
PTR: Santa's coming early!
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #70
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

We're there from the 13th-16th and I went to the fastpassplus site, entered my info and I keep getting an error message saying to make sure my reservation # matches my name. It does! I've entered it a million times. Guess you really do need to get the "chosen" email? waaaahhhhh!!

CT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #71
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDChris View Post
We were originally scheduled to arrive on the 10th but added another day on the front, so we will get there on the 9th
Ok, so that blows away the theory that you have to arrive on the 11-15th. Hmmmm....
Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #72
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSock View Post
I guess I am one of the unlucky ones...

I didn't get an e-mail so I entered my info on that site for my dec 8th-dec 14th stay....

"Thank you for participating in the FastPass+ test. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter this message, you can seek further assistance at the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center or at Guest Relations in the Magic Kingdom® Park or Disney's Hollywood Studios. "

Oh well.
Sigh.

I just entered mine and got the same message. I've been worried about the post grand opening crowds. Now I'll be starting most of our days with a big chunk of other folks ahead of us in the FP game..........
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #73
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
I laughed when I read these choices.

Lights Motors Action??? They seat people even after the show has started, and I've never heard of a full stadium for the show.

What exactly is a FP going to accomplish here?

Maybe some special preferred seating section?? Will be curious to know about this if anyone actually chooses this option.
LMA has a long history with FP.
During its first couple of years, they used FP for all the performances.
The theater often filled to capacity, and guests were turned away.

That doesn't often happen anymore, though.
(I'd expect that it still might happen during Christmas Week, Easter Week, July 4, etc.)

As to how FP's are used at "show attractions..."

Guests with FP must show up (for example) by at least 15 minutes before show-time.
FP guests will be held in one large area.
Guests without FP will be held in another area.
FP guests will be allowed into the seating at (say) 15 minutes before show-time.
After FP guests are admitted, the general guests are released into the theater until all seats are filled.

----------------------

All that said-

They are in process of adding FP's at all of the parks to a TON of attractions that generally do not ever need a FP.
This will allow/cause unsuspecting guests to use some of their FP+ choices for attractions that would otherwise have a very short standby wait.

But that is an entirely other kind of discussion.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #74
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Use res# on ME tix

Ok... So I kept trying the res # on everything I had from Disney Travel with no luck. On a whim, I tried the res # on the yellow tags for ME. Voila, it worked!

I never received an email from Disney saying we were selected, but after going thru the selection process, I received two emails saying I had a FP+ reservation. Hopefully I'll get the card in time,otherwise the FAQ said you can stop at the ME service counter at MCO.

FWIW... We arrive on 12/10, and leave on 12/15. No split stays, taking ME round trip.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #75
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

I am curious to know/see...

1). Can you still pull FP the old fashioned way if you are using FP+ on that day? The FAQ seemed to imply that you could, but it was a little vague in their answer.

2). Because FP+ reservation system assigns that FP+ time to everyone in your party, are those FP specific to each person or can someone else in the party use them? We have 4 children, 3 over 40", one who isn't. To minimize wait times, and because rider swap only allows 2 children back thru with the second parent, and now we have 3... I was planning on pulling FP for the attraction so that DH and 3 kiddos can ride using FP and when they are done,I can ride with 3 kiddos (2 with rider swap, 1 with FP (the baby's FP)). Can I still do this with FP+?

I am usually the one running for FP, so, I'm especially excited to give this a try.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: