Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #196
smileymomof3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom

I am wondering this too, as we signed up for the parades as well. It does say to be there between 6:40-6:55 for MSEP and 2:40-3:00 for Celebrate a Dream Come true. And I am curious how crowded this reserved area will be....like will it still be 3 rows deep and my young kids won't be able to see?? Maybe someone who knows more can jump in!
I am curious too. We just received the Fastpass+ and choose MSEP and WISHES as 2 attractions. I am glad the pressure of finding a spot and waiting with 3 kids for 2 hours is off tho. I am optimistic that the preferred seating will be awesome!!
smileymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #197
smileymomof3
Mouseketeer

We were going to go to HS on 12/10 but got Fastpass+ starting 12/11...would you switch your day to a less recommended day so you could use the Fastpass+ at HS? Especially for TSM? I would love anyone's advice on what would be the smarter thing to do...HS on a recommended day without fastpass+ or HS on a less recommended day with fastpass+ for TSM and Star Tours ...confused :/ thanks.
smileymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #198
nightsky
Earning My Ears

Oh Disney, why did you have to go and throw a wrench into my plans by sending me the fastpass +???

We will be there the 14th -23rd. The 14th is just a travel day as we get there late. I was not planning on going to MK on Saturday the 15th but preferred seating for the parades and fireworks seems huge to me. Just the fact we don't have to wait over an hour just sitting on the sidewalk is huge when you have 2 kids with ADHD. I'm just not sure switching to MK on a Saturday is worth it, not to mention trying to find reservations for that day as well.
nightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #199
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymomof3 View Post
We were going to go to HS on 12/10 but got Fastpass+ starting 12/11...would you switch your day to a less recommended day so you could use the Fastpass+ at HS? Especially for TSM? I would love anyone's advice on what would be the smarter thing to do...HS on a recommended day without fastpass+ or HS on a less recommended day with fastpass+ for TSM and Star Tours ...confused :/ thanks.

I don't think either day will be very crowded, and I don't think there will be much difference between the two days.

If it were me, I would probably switch the days in order to ride TSM three times with virtually no wait (1--at rope drop, 2--with FP gathered after 1st ride, 3--with FP+).

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #200
gapoochi
Mouseketeer

we have 2 room reservations (one for me, hubby and kids, another for sis, bil and parents) They arrive after us (the 12th...we arrive the 8th) and we all leave at the same time (the 16th)

They got it and we didn't! But not only that, they only have it for 2 of the people in the room (we added my parents to the reservation last week and I just got online today to see if they had it...only my sis and bil are on there)
Not sure what to do to get the parents added. Still keep checking to see if we can get it too (ideally we'd like to use it for the electric parade and wishes since they are only there for one day that it's offered) and I would like to be with them.

Wishing for some pixie dust so we can all have good seats together.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #201
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
If you're on a lower crowd day now, stick with it. I would not go to MK on that Saturday just to get 4 FPs.
In my gut I know you and mom2rtk are right. I think I will leave things as I have them. But I am disappointed not to be able to use the MK part of my fastpass+ tickets.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #202
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
In my gut I know you and mom2rtk are right. I think I will leave things as I have them. But I am disappointed not to be able to use the MK part of my fastpass+ tickets.
We went this time last year. Belive me.... the difference between Thursday (a party day with early closure) and Saturday..... is quite remarkable. You'll be glad you're there Thursday.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #203
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapoochi View Post
we have 2 room reservations (one for me, hubby and kids, another for sis, bil and parents) They arrive after us (the 12th...we arrive the 8th) and we all leave at the same time (the 16th)

They got it and we didn't! But not only that, they only have it for 2 of the people in the room (we added my parents to the reservation last week and I just got online today to see if they had it...only my sis and bil are on there)
Not sure what to do to get the parents added. Still keep checking to see if we can get it too (ideally we'd like to use it for the electric parade and wishes since they are only there for one day that it's offered) and I would like to be with them.

Wishing for some pixie dust so we can all have good seats together.
I had a similar situation, as I added my mom later to mine and my boyfriend's Pop stay (extended our 5 day BLT trip to a 7 day BLT/Pop trip, just didn't know if mom wanted to extend with us). I added her not too long ago, so she missed the cut-off for FP+, apparently. Since she IS on the same reservation as the one chosen to use FP+ (my BLT stay as DVC members wasn't chosen, both reservations are using DME, though), I called the number on the back of the cards they provided (or on the FAQ part of the FP+ website) and was able to add her, as they had to ensure she was part of the reservation. They told me to give it up to 24 hours for her to show up, but it was less than 5 minutes. I had already chosen ride reservation times for my boyfriend and I. I was told that I had to cancel those in order to add her on. It only changed my MK times about 15-20 later to each option. It didn't change my DHS options (as we are going there after a morning at DTD. Afternoon times seem to be easier to get. She told me I can pick up her card at Guest Services at DHS or MK, where they will have a "headquarters" for FP+. The FAQ page on the website has more info about FP+ kiosks in the parks, where you can view and change your times once there.

Long story short, if you are missing cards for people from the chosen reservations, just call them and they can help you. The CM I spoke to was Treasure, if that will help you get things done

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #204
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackertoo View Post
Just signed up my days & times. We are Dec.. 10th thru 18th.

I signed up for HS the 14th for ToT and Toy Story was hoping for Fantasmic option.

Signed up for MK the 15th for Wishes, MSEP, afternoon Parade Dreams Come True and Voyage of Little Mermaid.

I'm hoping Tue Wed & Thur will be low crowd days and we can pretty much do what we want, maybe party Tues night then figure these will help with higher crowd levels Fri & Sat. and hope for the best come Sun & Mon. 16th & 17th.

Wonder where you go to get "in" for preferred seating at MK? Near front of Castle but where and how early, they say they expire after 30 minutes.

Thanks for any tips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
I am wondering this too, as we signed up for the parades as well. It does say to be there between 6:40-6:55 for MSEP and 2:40-3:00 for Celebrate a Dream Come true. And I am curious how crowded this reserved area will be....like will it still be 3 rows deep and my young kids won't be able to see?? Maybe someone who knows more can jump in!
From what I've seen in the past (a FB friend was chosen early this year for an MK test, too), the WISHES viewing was actually IN the Rose Garden, to the right (as you face the castle). They were actually sitting in the grass, from what I could see. As far as parade viewing, in my research of people who did it before, the area is in front of the castle. The website states that parade and fireworks viewing are "standing room only", so it may just be a roped off area and it will be first come, first serve. Maybe others who have used it before can give personal accounts. When in doubt, calling them will clear things up

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #205
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Wishes Preferred Viewing Different Areas w Fast Pass

I got the test fastpasses for myself and my sisters and my location is the Plaza. My kids are staying at POFQ and their viewing area is from the rose garden. They made their choices first (my dates were wrong on my offer and I had to wait a couple of days for a programmer to get back with me, I was surprised and elated when he called and took care of the issue!) I am so excited we both got what we wanted. Now can anyone tell me if these are good spots? Even if they aren't I'm thrilled to have it as I don't like staking out and guarding a spot
imabeimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #206
TennHokies
Earning My Ears

DIS Membership fee Pays off Again!

I must say my DIS membership fees have paid for themselves 10x over this year. Thanks to this Thread I went to the FP+ site yesterday and got 4 FP+ reservations for MK and 3 more for HS on the exact days we planned on attending both parks next week!

We did not receive an email and I had no idea this testing was going on until I hit the DIS yesterday at lunch.

As others have posted I simply went to site, enter our ME reservation ID #, and the system welcomed me with open arms. Here's hoping others can do the same

I will say the system was easy to use and customizable to fit your daily plans (for example we plan on heading back to our hotel midday on our MK day). We selected Little Mermaid, Tales with Belle, Wishes @ the Rose Garden, and Pooh because I couldn't come up with a better 4th option. At DHS we choose Toy Story, StarTours, and ToT.

I'm also curious how the Rose Garden preferred seating works. Would love to hear about it if anyone has experience.

THANKS AGAIN DIS!!!!

Legal Disclaimer - Any references above to membership fees have been expressed for the purpose of evoking laughter and do not represent fact based monetary policy as everyone knows the DIS is free.

Next trip December 2012 - CSR (Free Dinnig)
First Family Trip - Sept 2009 - All Star Movies (Free Dining)
TennHokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #207
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

We are going to be there next week as well and I went to the site and put in our number and got the error message. Anybody get the error message and then later get in?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #208
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post
We are going to be there next week as well and I went to the site and put in our number and got the error message. Anybody get the error message and then later get in?
Did you put in the reservation number found on your yellow ME tags?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #209
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
Did you put in the reservation number found on your yellow ME tags?
There were two numbers on my tags and I tried both. As well as two different email addresses that I have with Disney.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #210
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennHokies View Post

Legal Disclaimer - Any references above to membership fees have been expressed for the purpose of evoking laughter and do not represent fact based monetary policy as everyone knows the DIS is free.
I must admit, you peaked my curiosity with the mention of fees.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: