Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #151
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfelcie
Our fastpass+ is for the 13th . . . a party night. Wishes and parade were not available, stand by only. Was any one able to get them during the party. I am afraid to go back in and try again and lose what I do have. My first choice would have been Wishes and the parade as we will be at MVMCP..
Wishes and MSEP do not run on arty nights. We booked them for Sat Dec 15th.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #152
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfelcie
Our fastpass+ is for the 13th . . . a party night. Wishes and parade were not available, stand by only. Was any one able to get them during the party. I am afraid to go back in and try again and lose what I do have. My first choice would have been Wishes and the parade as we will be at MVMCP..
No. You won't be able to get them during the party. I know it says Standby but they're really just not available on those nights.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #153
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
It is only a test for limited number of guest, I do not think it will affect those who enjoys a challenge planning that much. When system will be implemented however, everyone will be given a chance to participate.
That's my big question though, and I don't think anyone can answer it yet -- Will everyone be given a chance to participate? Even those who stay off site because it's a much better deal, especially for larger families, or because they have relatives living nearby? Is there any chance on-site guests will be treated differently based on where they stay/how much they pay? Why is the test linked to Magical Express -- obviously they aren't going to exclude everyone who drives or rents a car, right?

I don't know how many times I've told people that one of the many things that makes Disney special is that the fastpass system is equally available to all guests with no extra cost.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #154
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCharlotte View Post
That's my big question though, and I don't think anyone can answer it yet -- Will everyone be given a chance to participate? Even those who stay off site because it's a much better deal, especially for larger families, or because they have relatives living nearby? Is there any chance on-site guests will be treated differently based on where they stay/how much they pay? Why is the test linked to Magical Express -- obviously they aren't going to exclude everyone who drives or rents a car, right?

I don't know how many times I've told people that one of the many things that makes Disney special is that the fastpass system is equally available to all guests with no extra cost.
Nobody can answer most of that. But I do think it's safe to assume that using people arriving by DME is just for the test, a way to get the right size subset to test on. That is one part that will definitely change when it rolls out for real.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #155
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Nobody can answer most of that. But I do think it's safe to assume that using people arriving by DME is just for the test, a way to get the right size subset to test on. That is one part that will definitely change when it rolls out for real.
I totally agree.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #156
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

I was surprised to have Fastpass+ in our mail box yesterday. I booked my items for 12/11 at MK, and for 12/13 at DHS. I am super excited to try this out. It is nice to know I don't have to run to Toy Story Midway Mania as soon as the park opens.

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite

Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #157
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere Lover View Post
I was surprised to have Fastpass+ in our mail box yesterday. I booked my items for 12/11 at MK, and for 12/13 at DHS. I am super excited to try this out. It is nice to know I don't have to run to Toy Story Midway Mania as soon as the park opens.
Got mine in the mail today too! Most excited about Toy Story Mania! Using them 12/14 for Hollywood Studios and 12/15 for Magic Kingdom. Worked out, as I already had those days scheduled for those parks!

Sisters, Sisters...December 2012 TR...BWV & VWL
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #158
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There are many unanswered questions now but when it will be implemented it will not be a lottery as with test. Whatever criteria they will use, be it onsite, different kinds of tickets, different resort levels, point is everyone is free to participate. Not saying that it will not cost you more, in some form it will but not like you are not allowed.
As for ME, I personally think there is something about database. Disney system is horrible just like their site. Chances are running selection on ME list is easier then running program on the whole database. Just my guess.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #159
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere Lover
This reminded me to check the mail. We got the cards for the second room, so we're all set now.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #160
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

We arrive on the 8th and leave on the 16th -- both using ME. We did not receive an email but got the fastpass+ cards in the mail today. Registered for DHS on the 11th and MK on the 12th. Excited about trying this out!

Me(43) DH(47) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #161
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
There are many unanswered questions now but when it will be implemented it will not be a lottery as with test. Whatever criteria they will use, be it onsite, different kinds of tickets, different resort levels, point is everyone is free to participate. Not saying that it will not cost you more, in some form it will but not like you are not allowed.
As for ME, I personally think there is something about database. Disney system is horrible just like their site. Chances are running selection on ME list is easier then running program on the whole database. Just my guess.
For a family like ours, with more than two children, staying onsite in a value resort costs at least $700 more per week than an inexpensive condo rental with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, living room, and full kitchen. I certainly understand why they'd want to motivate us from a business perspective to stay onsite, but for me, a dedicated Disney fan, it would take a little of the pixie dust feeling away. When a local theme park added front of the line for an extra charge, it created a lot of frustrated customers, but apparently it's still good for the bottom line. I'll wait and see before getting too upset about rumors and possibilities. But if any decision-makers read these boards, I just want that perspective considered.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #162
mouselike-harrier
Mouseketeer

I wasn't expecting it, but I got my cards today to register for the Fast Pass+. I didn't think I'd get one because I am a DVC owner. Really happy that Disney included us!

mouselike-harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #163
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For a family like ours, with more than two children, staying onsite in a value resort costs at least $700 more per week than an inexpensive condo rental with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, living room, and full kitchen. I certainly understand why they'd want to motivate us from a business perspective to stay onsite, but for me, a dedicated Disney fan, it would take a little of the pixie dust feeling away. When a local theme park added front of the line for an extra charge, it created a lot of frustrated customers, but apparently it's still good for the bottom line. I'll wait and see before getting too upset about rumors and possibilities. But if any decision-makers read these boards, I just want that perspective considered.
While they obviously motivate people to stay onsite and do not care much about you not willing spending more, just like any other business, I do not think that it will have very bad affect on those who do not participate. I see it more as a convenience not something you would not be able to go without. One reason for that is there are much more guests then just onsite and they simply cannot provide this benefit to every guests even if they build enough rooms to fit everyone. Just like before, FP is limited to number of people. Now they just change how this perk can be distributed.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #164
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselike-harrier
I wasn't expecting it, but I got my cards today to register for the Fast Pass+. I didn't think I'd get one because I am a DVC owner. Really happy that Disney included us!
Very happy to hear that some DVC members were selected. We are going that week and were not selected. Do you simply input your DVC reservation number on the Fastpass+ site?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #165
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ

Got mine in the mail today too! Most excited about Toy Story Mania! Using them 12/14 for Hollywood Studios and 12/15 for Magic Kingdom. Worked out, as I already had those days scheduled for those parks!
We picked same parks and same days. See ya there! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom

Very happy to hear that some DVC members were selected. We are going that week and were not selected. Do you simply input your DVC reservation number on the Fastpass+ site?
We are DVC too and entered our DVC resort reservation number.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week

Last edited by poohj80; 12-01-2012 at 10:22 PM.
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: