Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #136
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Maybe it's because you check in on the 10th. Or maybe it's your DME date. Are your friends dates different? Perhaps if you go to Guest Relations they can accommodate you.

And, unless its a super crowded day, they don't really have to use them. Honestly, I didn't really like the setup of the regular FPs. The times were so random, I suspect I wouldn't have used them all anyway. I hate criss-crossing the park. And some conflicted with the afternoon parade. That's why I ended up using it on my non-MK day just for the parade and wishes.
I didn't like the times choices that were offered, but once I selected one of the options, I was able to go in and change the time of every FP+ to better suit our touring plans.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #137
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe it's because you check in on the 10th. Or maybe it's your DME date. Are your friends dates different? Perhaps if you go to Guest Relations they can accommodate you.

And, unless its a super crowded day, they don't really have to use them. Honestly, I didn't really like the setup of the regular FPs. The times were so random, I suspect I wouldn't have used them all anyway. I hate criss-crossing the park. And some conflicted with the afternoon parade. That's why I ended up using it on my non-MK day just for the parade and wishes.

I'm guessing it's because my friend arrives on the 8th and we arrive on the 6th. Doesn't make me feel any better though. Still totally ticks me off. We have plotted and schemed to try and spend a couple days together in the MK, and now they have things to do that day that we really can't. Well, I suppose we could watch the clock and try to get our own FPs at the same time, but then so could they. So they still end up with more to do while we sit and wiat.

I guess it only makes sense I was left out. I haven't been a huge fan of this concept. Why mess with it and give me a possible reason to like it.

Quote:
When is her return on DME? My return is on the 15th.
We all leave together on the 16th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella1122 View Post
Did you try plugging your info into the site. I've read that some were able to reserve without getting an e-mail. I'm hoping the extend the tests into the next week.
I did, but thanks for the suggestion. I have my ME tags here and plugged them in early yesterday to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
A few years ago when Disney was specially promoting a new Castle Show (Cinderellabration) and they anticipated a lot of guests trying to see it, they CUT DOWN all of the nice trees that used to be in the Hub
(to clear the sight-lines in more of the Hub area.)

If they are trying to add new Reserved viewing spots in MK for the parade, fireworks, castle projection show du jour, etc., I'm thinking that more tree removal will be in the works.

(Doubt that it will be done in time for this test, but stay tuned for more info as time goes by.)
I can't imagine why they'd need trees there in the summer.......

Just another good reason not to do Disney in the heat.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #138
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I just got the Fast Pass test card today. When we went in May, we got stopped at the airport and were offered the chance to try the new system. We made our choices and then missed all 4 oppoutunities,lol.

I'll try this but I'm thinking they should just leave FP alone.

I'm staying at AoA and get in on December 14th in case anyone was wondering about details.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #139
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

I'm guessing it's because my friend arrives on the 8th and we arrive on the 6th. Doesn't make me feel any better though. Still totally ticks me off. We have plotted and schemed to try and spend a couple days together in the MK, and now they have things to do that day that we really can't. Well, I suppose we could watch the clock and try to get our own FPs at the same time, but then so could they. So they still end up with more to do while we sit and wiat.

I guess it only makes sense I was left out. I haven't been a huge fan of this concept. Why mess with it and give me a possible reason to like it.

I did, but thanks for the suggestion. I have my ME tags here and plugged them in early yesterday to see.

Don't worry, I'm repeatedly assured it'll be fabulous--for those that meet whatever the ultimate mysterious criteria will be. The rest...uh, not so fabulous.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #140
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
There is always complications when trying to do parks with another group. You can always do something else if your schedules do not match.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #141
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

There is always complications when trying to do parks with another group. You can always do something else if your schedules do not match.
Exactly. Or, the other group could skip using FP+. Disney isn't forcing it on them.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #142
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Exactly. Or, the other group could skip using FP+. Disney isn't forcing it on them.
True, question is however, would poster skip it if they were selected and their friends would not.

HO HO HO
Old 12-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #143
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Of course not, but it's a tough choice. Stay with friends or schedule visits to the headliners. I would be pretty annoyed, too, if I was going during this period but wasn't allowed to take part in the test.

I really enjoy the challenge of using rope drop, fastpass, and touring plans to see the most popular attractions. Not as fun when others have an unfair advantage. Thankfully, this test is being done during a low attendance period. I hope it doesn't noticeably affect those that aren't participating in the test.
Waddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #144
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddler View Post
Of course not, but it's a tough choice. Stay with friends or schedule visits to the headliners. I would be pretty annoyed, too, if I was going during this period but wasn't allowed to take part in the test.

I really enjoy the challenge of using rope drop, fastpass, and touring plans to see the most popular attractions. Not as fun when others have an unfair advantage. Thankfully, this test is being done during a low attendance period. I hope it doesn't noticeably affect those that aren't participating in the test.
It is only a test for limited number of guest, I do not think it will affect those who enjoys a challenge planning that much. When system will be implemented however, everyone will be given a chance to participate.

HO HO HO
Old 12-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #145
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80

I didn't like the times choices that were offered, but once I selected one of the options, I was able to go in and change the time of every FP+ to better suit our touring plans.
I tried that but I didn't get much better choices. Maybe that's all that was available.

Then again, I don't use very many FPs in the current system either. And I tend to lump the headliners together first thing in the morning. Still, I can see the use of something like this if you're not getting to the park at RD and I love the Preferred viewing options.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #146
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Did you try calling Guest Services? Or stop by Guest Services at MK. The limits are arbitrary to give them a test group of a specific size, but they might be able to add you to your friend's group. It's worth trying.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #147
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Don't worry, I'm repeatedly assured it'll be fabulous--for those that meet whatever the ultimate mysterious criteria will be. The rest...uh, not so fabulous.
LOL, I've heard the same thing. We must hang out in the same threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Thanks so much. Not sure that would have occurred to me.

Quote:
Did you try calling Guest Services? Or stop by Guest Services at MK. The limits are arbitrary to give them a test group of a specific size, but they might be able to add you to your friend's group. It's worth trying.
I did call and they could not help. Thanks so much for the suggestion though.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #148
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
It is only a test for limited number of guest, I do not think it will affect those who enjoys a challenge planning that much. When system will be implemented however, everyone will be given a chance to participate.
So then you're willing to assure me that I will still find FPs available later in the day than usual? You know.....even after they take out the many hundreds currently being booked by others through FP+?
Old 12-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #149
jfelcie
Mouseketeer

Our fastpass+ is for the 13th . . . a party night. Wishes and parade were not available, stand by only. Was any one able to get them during the party. I am afraid to go back in and try again and lose what I do have. My first choice would have been Wishes and the parade as we will be at MVMCP..

jfelcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #150
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
So then you're willing to assure me that I will still find FPs available later in the day than usual? You know.....even after they take out the many hundreds currently being booked by others through FP+?
I most definitely not trying to assure you, I simply do not care. I think test will not affect others much but you will return and tell us your experiences.

HO HO HO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: