Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
SnodSquad
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Trip cancelled...What are my options wrt my park and MVMCP tickets?

My first DisBoards post!

Since I am the DisNut of the family. I've been the planner of a 11 person WDW trip. We are a week from arriving and staying at DVC_SS and we added the MVMCP as well.

We just found out my father-in-law (from Wales) is too sick to come. I read the Ticketing Post and found out that the 4-day Park Hopper doesn't expire. Still willing to sale these if possible, but how? What should I do with the extra MVMCP ticket (Dec 18th). We didn't get the trip insurance...lesson learned.

Daniel
SnodSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnodSquad View Post
My first DisBoards post!

Since I am the DisNut of the family. I've been the planner of a 11 person WDW trip. We are a week from arriving and staying at DVC_SS and we added the MVMCP as well.

We just found out my father-in-law (from Wales) is too sick to come. I read the Ticketing Post and found out that the 4-day Park Hopper doesn't expire. Still willing to sale these if possible, but how? What should I do with the extra MVMCP ticket (Dec 18th). We didn't get the trip insurance...lesson learned.

Daniel
Welcome to posting! Based on the circumstances, I think you should call Disney to see if they will refund the party ticket.

LekiaHall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

if it is just one 4 day ticket and one mvvmcp ticket why not sell it on ebay
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat
if it is just one 4 day ticket and one mvvmcp ticket why not sell it on ebay
Many of us advise against buying tickets in eBay, so I wouldn't recommend selling them on there either.

I'd hold on to the extra ticket for future use, and stop by Guest Relations and explain to see what they say about the MVMCP ticket.

I hope your father-in-law gets better soon!
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

Definitely just hold onto the ticket for a future trip. If costs go up, (or when they go up) one of your tickets will already be paid for.

RE the MVMCP ticket, give them a call and explain the situation. They usually do their best to work with guests who have issues such as this.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
SnodSquad
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the quick replies. I think I will hold on to the Park tix. I'll try Disney again...they said that if we didn't purchase the trip insurance then they can't help us.

I may just find someone in line that is purchasing MVMCP tix and bless them. Any chance to show my kids how to have a giving heart.

Thanks again
SnodSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnodSquad
Thanks for the quick replies. I think I will hold on to the Park tix. I'll try Disney again...they said that if we didn't purchase the trip insurance then they can't help us.

I may just find someone in line that is purchasing MVMCP tix and bless them. Any chance to show my kids how to have a giving heart.

Thanks again
If you mean calling Disney about the MVMCP ticket, I wouldn't bother. I think you'd have more success in person at a Guest Relations office.

Or give it away--that's a wonderful thing to do!
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

My father had a heart attack days before our last trip (he came out fine, and actually make it for the last few days of the trip!). They didn't make it, and we had already purchased their MNSSHP tickets. We went to customer service in front of MK, explained what had happened, and they had no problems giving us back the money.

As far as the hopper passes.... I realize that people on here say DON'T BUY OFF EBAY however, if you set a reserve for the cost of the tickets, I don't see the harm in trying. Good luck, and I hope your FIL is better soon.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
jeremeyp
Earning My Ears

Apparently, i can't send PMs yet.

Very sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My wife, mother, son and I will be there that week. MVMCP didn't fit in our budget, but I thought I would see how much you would want for 4 tix.

Thanks
jeremeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
StilAPrincessAtHeart
Mouseketeer

Go Straight To Guest Relations

I missed MVMCP on 11/27 because I was in my hotel room puking all night (sorry for the graphic explanation.) My mom and daughter went on without me and I was so disappointed that I missed the party and at the thought that I was out $60. The next night after touring MK, I decided to head to Guest Relations and see what they could do. Without even batting an eye the Sweet As Can Be Cast Member refunded my money. She did first ask me if I wanted to exchange it for a ticket for a different night first, but my mom and daughter had already used their tickets and it didn't really fit in with the rest of our weeks touring plan. So, I just took the refund. After a hard a disappointing night the night before, I was so grateful to get my money back that I was in tears! I love Disney's Customer Service.
3rd Day
4th & 5th Day
6th Day Still on the "To Do" list
StilAPrincessAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilAPrincessAtHeart View Post
I missed MVMCP on 11/27 because I was in my hotel room puking all night (sorry for the graphic explanation.) My mom and daughter went on without me and I was so disappointed that I missed the party and at the thought that I was out $60. The next night after touring MK, I decided to head to Guest Relations and see what they could do. Without even batting an eye the Sweet As Can Be Cast Member refunded my money. She did first ask me if I wanted to exchange it for a ticket for a different night first, but my mom and daughter had already used their tickets and it didn't really fit in with the rest of our weeks touring plan. So, I just took the refund. After a hard a disappointing night the night before, I was so grateful to get my money back that I was in tears! I love Disney's Customer Service.
That was so nice of them!
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilAPrincessAtHeart View Post
IThe next night after touring MK, I decided to head to Guest Relations and see what they could do. Without even batting an eye the Sweet As Can Be Cast Member refunded my money. She did first ask me if I wanted to exchange it for a ticket for a different night first, but my mom and daughter had already used their tickets and it didn't really fit in with the rest of our weeks touring plan. So, I just took the refund. After a hard a disappointing night the night before, I was so grateful to get my money back that I was in tears! I love Disney's Customer Service.
On 12/02, my son was sick, so my wife stayed with him in our room while I went to MVMCP with our two other kids that night. Before we entered MK, I went to Guest Relations and asked if I could switch their two tickets to 12/04 and said we'd buy three more so we could all go to the next party together. I didn't realize it at the time, but when I went to pick up the three tickets on the next party night, I found out the CM had comped the tickets.

I love Disney customer service too.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancel, mvmcp ticket, ticket problem

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: