Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What option would you choose?
Rent DVC Points for a 1BR 15 41.67%
2 Value Rooms 4 11.11%
Value Suite 2 5.56%
Cabin at FWR 6 16.67%
Offsite 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2012, 02:13 AM   #16
Robbi
DIS Veteran

I'd stay at Bonnet Creek. You'd probably save at least 2 thousand dollars on the room alone. If you fix a couple of meals or even snacks, you'll save more. Plus you'll have tons more room.
We're DVC members and I'd stay off site with 6 people simply for the extra space.
My brother and his family stayed there this past summer and could not say enough good things about it.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #17
Jedimom
Mouseketeer

The two most recommended off-site resorts are Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills. Wyndham's a bit higher in price, officially "on" Disney property, has lazy rivers spread throughout the resort. Windsor Hills has the zero entry pool you mentioned wanting. They have house, townhouse, and condo rentals available. Some houses and townhouses have their own private pool and as a previous poster quoted, expect to pay anywhere from $110-$200/night. If you're okay without a private pool (iow, using Windsor Hill's zero entry and slide), you can expect to pay between $80 - $110/night for a 2 or 3 BR condo unit. That's a whoooooole lot of savings over Disney onsite, and you get extra room!!!

Jedimom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #18
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

The least expensive option would be POR Alligator Bayou section. Two queen beds and a small murphy bed.

This would give you two beds for the kids. You would even be legal for when you have the extra adult, but I would not recommend it.

You could combine this with a split stay at a larger location.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom View Post
The two most recommended off-site resorts are Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills. Wyndham's a bit higher in price, officially "on" Disney property, has lazy rivers spread throughout the resort....
Actually, Bonnet Creek is NOT on Disney property, but directly adjacent to Disney property. It was built on some property that Disney tried to purchase, but wasn't able to purchase it.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
magicwishes
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the input. I'm looking into all these options. I'm trying to find pricing for offsite options and focusing on Windsor Hills and Bonnet Creek. Every time I decide offsite is the way to go, I see another horror story about how it didn't go well. Back and forth, back and forth . . . on deciding.
magicwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #21
magicwishes
Mouseketeer

Update:

We have narrowed down our major options to two. We are thinking we will most likely either get a standard room at a moderate resort and then have an additional standard room for the 4 nights the other adult is joining us. A standard moderate room would cost a minimal amount more than a standard value room at rack rates, and the moderate resort would give us queen beds. Our other main option is to get a 1 bedroom at Kidani for the time the other adult is joining us and stay in a moderate the rest of the time (or potentially stay at Kidani for the entire time). Doing a resort switch on property went well last time we did it as Disney does all the work of moving the stuff. We also really enjoyed getting to see two resorts, so a split stay can be a bonus in some ways for us.

We originally did want 3 sleeping spaces, so my husband and I could sleep in the same bed. It will save us much more money for my husband and I to sleep in separate beds with each of us with a kid or two and/or a kid on the child's air mattress if needed. The kids love sleeping with us, so I guess it's a bonus for them.

Thank you for everyone's input. We'll still consider some of the other options depending on the promotions that hopefully come out. Please feel free to share any additional thoughts.

Would you make reservations now or wait until it gets closer? I was think I would make reservations now and then adjust or cancel them depending on the promotions or finding DVC points to rent.

Last edited by magicwishes; 12-04-2012 at 12:13 AM.
magicwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

Port Orleans Riverside, Alligator Bayou section, is the only Moderate resort where you get three beds. You can stay Moderate and still sleep with your husband in a Queen sized bed with both kids in their own bed.

To guarantee you get a room with the Murphy bed (since you only have four people on the reservation) you should get a preferred room which will get you the third bed and a close location to food and transportation.

Your update made it seem like you were going to stay moderate and would have to accept only two beds. . .not so.

Have a great trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: