Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Celebrating the Magic - Day 3 - Terrorific style!

Day 3 – Friday 26th October – Terrorific Night

I lef the girls back at the hotel and walked from the hotel, through the Village and over towards the Studios. There were both lots of people coming out from the main Park and those going to the Terrorific Night. As I went in, you could hear the sirens of a US style fire truck. I joined the queue and it didn’t take too long to get into the Studios.

It was such a different atmosphere already! As I approached Studio1, cast members, many of whom had incredible makeup to get in the mood were quickly ushering people inside as if something was wrong – this was all part of the show of course. As soon as I entered Studio1, I knew something wasn’t right – the creepy music and the Main Studio store in darkness......and lots and lots of zombies, some who stood and freaked the hell out of you, others who were rolling around on the floor – I didn’t hang around too long to find out more!

Once out in the main Park, there was a clear area setup between Studio1 and the entrance to the Tram Tour – I came across some interesting characters here! It was as if they were escaped patients from an ‘institution’ and were incredible in character. There was also a Police Officer looking after who had a Hannibal Lecter type convict on a leash – of course he would now and again chase people across the park (I did at one point see him chase a poor girl from in front of Cinemagique all the way over to the Flying Carpets).

Once through here, I joined the queue for the Tram Tour as I’d heard so much about it being an integral part of the nights – the wait time was posted as 666 – it seemed funny at the time but turned out to be a sign of things to come!

I saw some people with programmes and politely asked where I can get one to be told that the CM at the entrance to the Tram Tour had them – I quickly jumped out of line to go and get one! I got back in the queue which moved really quickly and within 5 minutes I was about to be on the next Tram when a tech problem shut it down. I decided to wait and we were entertained whilst waiting by a rather amusing character from the night! After about 15/20 minutes we were ready to go again – overall I was disappointed in the tour. Both of the two elements for the night were ok without being terribly interactive or scary to be honest. Once it finished, I made use of the fact I was on my own to nip in and out of people and head off the my next destination! In the Programme I saw that some Disney Villains were on the map so decided to head over towards Toon Studio – as I got near the entrance to Toy Story Playland, I came across the Hag – she was brilliant and I got lots of pics taken.

She happened to be a certain young lady whom I know from her Cruella exploits so she was very chatty! She even advised when my favourite girl Maleficent would be out. There weren’t many around the characters so they spent ages messing about with the few guests that were there – the Hag was pretending to be Buzz Lightyear at the entrance to Toy Story Playland.

Got lots of pics with Shan Yu, Dr Facilier, Jafar and more with the Hag – she was even trying to wind up Jafar! I took a quick walk around TSP which wasn’t too busy – aside from the rides being open, there wasn’t any particular theme. I headed back over to Toon Studios – got loads of cool pics with Maleficent who was out in a changed red lined cape. When the Hag saw me again she ran over to Maleficent to tell her to get her pic with me knowing what a fan I am! Maleficent was also very impressed with the collection of pins I had!

Also got pics with Hades – was pleased as I’d never got his pic before.

Walked up past the front of the Art of Animation building and came across some scary ToT people.

Walked on up to Rock N Roller Coaster – queue was huge! Saw the headless horseman and henchmen out. There was also a crazed man running after people with a chainsaw – definitely not your usual Studios theme! Walked over behind Armageddon and down side of Backlot which was done up as Horror Market – lots of smoke (you could barely see at points) and a ton of people in character. There were even some people chained to the fencing at Backlot who were then lunging at people!

Took a wander past the front of ToT and around to the Info Board – I then decided to pluck up the courage to head into the Whitechapel walkthrough. It was really spooky and hard to see – there were several bad characters who were after several poor ladies – one pleaded with me in French and when I made it clear I didn’t speak French she said ‘help me’ in the most realistic way imaginable! Checked out the various people on Psycho Blvd and the stood and watched the Fire Truck roll by.

Headed over by Toon Studios again and saw lots of characters out. I then wandered into TSP and did single rider on Parachutes without any wait. I then did a single rider on RC Racer with only about a 10 minute wait. I walked back through Toon Studios again and onto the Flying Carpets – I think there were only 3 other people on the whole thing! I then decided to check out the zombies in Studio 1 so took a quick walk through and then stood and watched the band at the stage area in front of Cinemagique.

I then went back via Psycho Blvd and through Horror Market and decided to go into the Station Service walkthrough – so weird walking around trying to have eyes in the back of your head! Timed it well as when finished, the Headless Horsemen were out again. Walked down to outside Studio1 and got a hot choc – was so nice! Through Studio and into shop at entrance but sadly there was no Terrorific merchandise. Back up through Studio1 and over to Toon Studios. Got some more pics and thought about going on Crush but queue was at 50 minutes.

Decided instead to go over to ToT to see what theme was on inside – went by Psycho Blvd – the escaped patients were incredible with people and I was a brave boy at one point helping to shield one of the poor female characters from a Dracula character!

Walked through the Whitechapel area again and into queue for ToT. My plan was to hit it and then over into Crush just ahead of park closure but sadly it had technical problems so took over an hour to get on – I had waited that long so wanted to go on it!

Also, as it was 1.30am by the time I got on, the foyer characters had gone. I came out to an empty park and stopped to grab some more event schedules and enjoyed a brisk walk back to the hotel trying not to wake my girls! In hindsight, I think if doing again I’d suck it up and join the queues for the rides and experience those – I don’t regret the fun with the Disney Villains though!
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Ooh, there is no way I could have gone in there. It just looked too frightening for me. I used to love a good horror when I was younger but since having my children I seem to have become a bit of a wuss over it all . Zombies in particular really freak me out .

Thanks for posting about it though as I think you might be a first on here (?) so it gives other the info if they decide to do it another year.

I bet your wife was pleased she stayed in the hotel (I would have been ).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Tink'sMum
Mouseketeer

Oh it sounds like great fun!
Tink'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Ooh, there is no way I could have gone in there. It just looked too frightening for me. I used to love a good horror when I was younger but since having my children I seem to have become a bit of a wuss over it all . Zombies in particular really freak me out .

Thanks for posting about it though as I think you might be a first on here (?) so it gives other the info if they decide to do it another year.

I bet your wife was pleased she stayed in the hotel (I would have been ).
Hahaha! It wasn't that bad really - being on my own I could try and relatively keep my wits about me - I'm a wuss so was a bit worried but it was great. It's still quite Disney style so nothing too freaky. Would highly recommend it for people.
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 AM   #5
cinderslg
Mouseketeer

Really enjoyed your tr, such and extreme from seeing your pretty little girl to the terrorific night
The zombies and tot casts make up where fab, mind you I would have been scared witless
Thanks for sharing.
cinderslg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: