Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Natural Calm- has anyone ever tried this?

Has anyone ever tried "Natural Calm" by Natural Vitality? It's a magnesium supplement in a powdered form that you mix with water and drink. It's good for anxiety, constipation, heart palpitations, muscle cramps, sleeplessness, headaches, etc. This is the website. I'm thinking about getting some to see if it works for me. I have had a hard time in the past taking mag supplements because it can be hard on my digestive system, but since this is a powder, I can just take a teeny bit to start, and work my way up. Anxiety has been SUPER high over the past 2 weeks, so I'm looking for anything that can help! I do Rescue Remedy, teas, yoga, meditation..... but didn't sleep AGAIN last night. Booooo.

Last edited by SDSorority; 11-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Generally when I take magnesium it just acts as a laxative. If you do not want to turn to a therapist or psychiatrist why dont you try going to a naturalist? They may have an idea to help.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
ls15
Mouseketeer

I have a few friends who have extremely high anxiety and love Bach's Rescue Remedy. They take the day time one. I have trouble sleeping at night when I have a lot of stuff on tap for the next day, and I take the sleep one and it is fantastic.

1993 - Port Orleans (which is now POFQ) with parents, sister
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside with mom (did Princess 1/2 Marathon)
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter with mom (did Princess 1/2 Marathon)
2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter with mom (doing Princess 1/2 Marathon)

Feel free to ask questions about dining with celiac, dairy/soy/egg allergies, and eating vegan, as well as getting around in a wheelchair with MS.

Read a detailed play-by-play about our trip, including all of the food for our allergens, celiac, and veganism at my blog.
ls15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Update- I got Natural Calm yesterday afternoon and tried it last night and this morning.

HOLY.COW. This stuff is amazing. I slept ALL the way through the night last night, and today I feel GOOD. I also use Rescue Remedy, and it works for me to get me out of my panic attacks, but it doesn't do what Calm does, which seems to be so far just a complete day long calm feeling. So crazy!!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
Update- I got Natural Calm yesterday afternoon and tried it last night and this morning.

HOLY.COW. This stuff is amazing. I slept ALL the way through the night last night, and today I feel GOOD. I also use Rescue Remedy, and it works for me to get me out of my panic attacks, but it doesn't do what Calm does, which seems to be so far just a complete day long calm feeling. So crazy!!
Could be a placebo effect - you want it to work, so it does. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd look into the side effects of taking this supplement, especially if it is not under doctor supervision. Some minerals can be toxic if taken too often, or for extended periods.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: