Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Bonnet Creek, BEST DEAL?

Hi.
I may be looking into staying at Bonnet Creek for my upcoming March trip.
Can anyone please let me know where you have gotten the best prices to stay there? Where do you usually book your reservations for there?

THANKS so much!
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

We got a 3 bedroom presidential villa for 9 nights over NYE for $1950 through Vacation Strategy. Vacation Upgrades also comes highly recommended
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Hi.
I may be looking into staying at Bonnet Creek for my upcoming March trip.
Can anyone please let me know where you have gotten the best prices to stay there? Where do you usually book your reservations for there?

THANKS so much!
I am not sure that it is the best price but we got a more than agreeable deal off ebay ( 3 bedroom deluxe for 8 days for the end of january/start of february) that was substantially less ( about 40% less if I remember right) than the quotes I got from a variety of other places, although this does obviously vary by availability.

Yes there are risks associated with Ebay, but the feedback and the communications I have had with the seller so far are worth it to me for the savings.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
militaryspousemouse
Earning My Ears

We are also going over NYE and got our 3 Bed Presidental off of eBay. I searched everywhere for even just a 2bd Deluxe and found the 3 bed Presidental for less than what most were trying to ask for the smaller deluxe .We just planned this last month and got a much better price off eBay than Vacation Strategy or anywhere else. Great communication and had my confirmation within 24hrs.
militaryspousemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryspousemouse View Post
We are also going over NYE and got our 3 Bed Presidental off of eBay. I searched everywhere for even just a 2bd Deluxe and found the 3 bed Presidental for less than what most were trying to ask for the smaller deluxe .We just planned this last month and got a much better price off eBay than Vacation Strategy or anywhere else. Great communication and had my confirmation within 24hrs.
I think we may have had the same seller. It was actually pretty easy, on Ebay the listings are for 7 days only. We really needed an 8-day stay so that we did not have to move to a new hotel the day before leaving.

I contacted the seller asking if it would be possible to extend it one day, thinking that it was not going to happen. The seller said no problem, told me he would put up a new listing for 8 days and let me know when he would post it so I could do the buy it now right away. Easy peasy.

We have not yet gone yet and there is a very slim possibility that I have bought a box of rocks but I am inclined to think that this is all on the up and up because I literally peppered the seller with questions and he was always very prompt with responses ( the 100% rating with 1200 or so reviews also does not hurt).

As an aside it seems that ebay has a lot of stock on presidential rooms, including the 3 and 4 bedrooms. We were going to go with the three bredroom presidential but we needed the pull out couch.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
js

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
We got a 3 bedroom presidential villa for 9 nights over NYE for $1950 through Vacation Strategy. Vacation Upgrades also comes highly recommended
Thank you. I sent an e-mail asking for a quote from Vacation Strategy. I will also look into Vacation Upgrades. I am not familiar with either one of them but will give them a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
I am not sure that it is the best price but we got a more than agreeable deal off ebay ( 3 bedroom deluxe for 8 days for the end of january/start of february) that was substantially less ( about 40% less if I remember right) than the quotes I got from a variety of other places, although this does obviously vary by availability.

Yes there are risks associated with Ebay, but the feedback and the communications I have had with the seller so far are worth it to me for the savings.
Thank you. I didn't think to try e-bay. I will go there now and take a look.
Did you book with an individual person or a company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryspousemouse View Post
Thank you very much! Like I mentioned above, I think I will give ebay a look.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your taking the time to answer me especially since I see you just joined and it's your first post.
WELCOME!

PS: For ebay, did you both do Buy It Now or Auctions?
Thanks!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Thank you. I sent an e-mail asking for a quote from Vacation Strategy. I will also look into Vacation Upgrades. I am not familiar with either one of them but will give them a try.

Thank you. I didn't think to try e-bay. I will go there now and take a look.
Did you book with an individual person or company?

My impression is that it is a clearing house based on the number of listings and (at least in my case) the ability to add days. But i never confirmed this.

I used book it now, which means you own it and if your plans change you are hosed ( no refunds).
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
js

Quote:
My impression is that it is a clearing house based on the number of listings and (at least in my case) the ability to add days. But i never confirmed this.

I used book it now, which means you own it and if your plans change you are hosed ( no refunds).
LOL, thanks so much!
I think I would do Book It Now too.
Thanks!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
militaryspousemouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I think we may have had the same seller. It was actually pretty easy, on Ebay the listings are for 7 days only. We really needed an 8-day stay so that we did not have to move to a new hotel the day before leaving.

I contacted the seller asking if it would be possible to extend it one day, thinking that it was not going to happen. The seller said no problem, told me he would put up a new listing for 8 days and let me know when he would post it so I could do the buy it now right away. Easy peasy.

We have not yet gone yet and there is a very slim possibility that I have bought a box of rocks but I am inclined to think that this is all on the up and up because I literally peppered the seller with questions and he was always very prompt with responses ( the 100% rating with 1200 or so reviews also does not hurt).

As an aside it seems that ebay has a lot of stock on presidential rooms, including the 3 and 4 bedrooms. We were going to go with the three bredroom presidential but we needed the pull out couch.
The person I worked with was a woman but we actually have the same scenario. We actually wanted Sat-Sat but that wasnt listed on the auction so I emailed her and she didnt have that but had another Fri-Fri (the original one just sold). We took that one but needed an extra day then but she didnt have it. So she is still looking for an extra day. We have our last night booked somewhere else just in case she doesnt get another day for us or we may even just head home early.

She had tons of other timeshares listed in Wisconsin and had great feedback so I felt confident she was on the up and up.

Vacation Strategy would have been fine if we planned our vacation 6 mos out but not for last minuted planned trip.

We also got our place last year at Sheraton Vistana off Craigslist and that worked out great as well. That one was a bit nerve racking since they dont give the confirmation until right before you get there. But it all worked out just fine.
militaryspousemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #10
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

You could also check out VRBO or Homeaway. I rent from a lady I found on VRBO. I have used her several times and she has great prices and is wonderful to work with!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
ramwreck5
Earning My Ears

We used to love going there every year but decided to stick with DVC in the future. Be sure to read online reviews for Bonnet Creek Resort sorted by rating. We always rented through Ebay and had no problems. Last trip to Bonnet Creek, checking in was about an hour process and they call every day asking you to attend timeshare presentations. Internet service, we had none. You'd like a room with a particular view? Even though they take your request at time of ressie, they have no problem denying it when you check in so after a long trip there, you could end up viewing the parking lot rather than the pool. Several complaints about the staff in the reviews I read. Great location, great views, but beware, it is not the same as DVC and you usually get what you pay for.
ramwreck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #12
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramwreck5 View Post
We used to love going there every year but decided to stick with DVC in the future. Be sure to read online reviews for Bonnet Creek Resort sorted by rating. We always rented through Ebay and had no problems. Last trip to Bonnet Creek, checking in was about an hour process and they call every day asking you to attend timeshare presentations. Internet service, we had none. You'd like a room with a particular view? Even though they take your request at time of ressie, they have no problem denying it when you check in so after a long trip there, you could end up viewing the parking lot rather than the pool. Several complaints about the staff in the reviews I read. Great location, great views, but beware, it is not the same as DVC and you usually get what you pay for.
You obviously have more experience with wbc than I do, Im sorry that things did not work out as you had hoped. The timeshare pestering cab be avoided by unplugging the phone and the lack of internet is not acceptable, but can happen anywhere.

Yes renting through ebay has associated risks, but if it is clear that you are only guaranteed a class of room, I dont see how anyone can hold their not honoring a request against them. It is a request, if it goes through conider it a nice perk, if not you are still going to get the class of room you booked but you are still going to get what you paid for.

I dont know if this was your intent, but when I have seen other people make similar complaints it seems to me that the inferance is that they denied your request out of spite. This makes absolutely no sense ( logically or economically). Believe it or not, if they had granted your request, the family that would have gotten the room you dissaproved of also likely just made a long trip. Why is it okay for them to get the room but not you ?

A lot of this is based on availability, if the resort is full then the less desirable rooms will get used, thats not the resorts fault as far as I can tell. Im not saying that wbc can do no wrong, mistakes can and will be made but if you got what you paid for lamenting that you did not get more than you paid for seems irrational to me.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #13
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramwreck5 View Post
To get a guaranteed fireworks view for our weeklong trip at DVC, it would cost around $4,000 for a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. I'm not aware of any other DVC properties with guaranteed fireworks views. I've stayed at BCV and you couldn't see the fireworks from Epcot.

Instead, we will pay $700 at Bonnet Creek for a 2 BR and roll the dice.

Anyway, for us the budget is more important than the views. The good thing is that if a view is very important to you, you have the option of going for a Disney property and paying the premium for it.
Upatnoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #14
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I've also been getting quotes for Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I'll be there for ten nights/eleven days in May.

Vacation Strategy was the cheapest I've found. Ten nights for a one bedroom was $896.00.

Vacation Upgrades was $100.00 for the first seven nights, then $130.00 for the last three nights, with an agreement for him to try to get the last three nights reduced at the 60 day mark. If he could, then the last three nights would also be $100.00, (so it would possibly be $1,000.00 for the ten nights, but could be $1,090.00).

I also got a quote from the same lady that kalc12345 uses, but for some reason she gave me a really high quote: $1848.00 (or $1553.00, if paid in full at time of booking). She let someone else have a 2 bedroom for five nights for $400.00 though, so I would have thought a 1 bedroom for ten nights would have been alot cheaper than what she quoted me. Maybe it has to do with inventory or time of the year though.

Last edited by aubriee; 11-29-2012 at 01:09 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

We stayed there last April for 7-night for $329 (1 bedroom). This was through Government Employees Travel Opportunities. http://www.getravelop.com/search_res...h=01&year=2012

You must be a government employee (state or federal) or military.

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote