Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #16
Grumpylady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraluvsDisney2 View Post
I am excited for cape may too but I really want Ohana I keep checking everyday for cancellations.
I meant to comment on your sons shirt in the picture I love it!!! I got one for my oldest and am on the hunt to find one for my ill guy too but they're sold out everywhere!!
Have you looked at Target Our target had them on clearance for $2.50 this weekend I did not get that one but i got a Boys Rule one that is super cute

Grumpylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #17
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
I tried to post last night, but I couldn't hit the "submit reply" button on my Ipad. Well, I was hitting it, but it wasn't doing it

Plans are looking good!
Thanks! I am so excited to finally get to meet you! I never thought when I joined ABB that I would meet a fellow mommy, a couple years later, at DISNEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpylady View Post
We are also booked for here and requested the preferred room DS is in LOVE with Toy Story
I would have loved to stay in a Mod resort but this trip is for the kiddos! It looks so fun!

Quote:
Have you looked at Target Our target had them on clearance for $2.50 this weekend I did not get that one but i got a Boys Rule one that is super cute

We got the Boys Rule shirt also. I think it was $4 a couple weeks ago and they had a ton!
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #18
LauraluvsDisney2
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=sommergirl25;46846214]
I was so happy to get O'hana. I think it is one of the ones that I am most excited to try.

I got his shirt this summer, planning on saving it for Disney! But.... We had a party for him and that is when we surprised the kiddos. As you can see, it was Mickey themed, so I had to have him wear it! I love it!
[/QUOTE

Ohanna is the one ressie that i will cancel almost any of my others for I really want to try it so i'm sure it will be great for you guys!

I am planning on being the mommy that puts my boys in matching shirts for each day of the trip so I have a couple picked out already and I reallly want to find another one of those so they can wear them there too!

Quote:
I have been looking at a few different targets here in vegas and still havent found them they are all sold out thanks for the advice though i may try and double check the clearance racks next time i go!

LauraluvsDisney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

I didn't forget about this!!!

How did 2 months fly by?! I had planned on writing in this more but school and the holidays got in the way. I'm back and only have 19 days until our trip!!!

Why:
From the moment we arrived into Orlando for our Honeymoon, I couldn't wait to take my kiddos. We were pregnant with my son and knew we wanted to wait until he was older so that he could enjoy the trip as well and remember plenty. That day came sooner than we ever expected.

In March 2012, my little guy got really sick. What started out as a virus (so we thought) ended up with him being diagnosed with a large Tumor on his liver. I won't go into many details because there are so many but will hit some highlights. He had his first surgery March 15. We were in the hospital off and on for 5 months. The first stay was 2 weeks and every other stay was a week at a time. He was such a trooper through all of this. His first surgery removed the 6 inch, 1 1/2 pound tumor and his gallbladder. Something happened and he was severely jaundiced. He lived with a tube coming out of his tummy for months. He went through numerous other little surgeries, scopes, MRI's, and other things through this. We ended up having his final surgery. They had to re-route things in his stomach. (I won't bore you with the medical jargon)

[IMG][/IMG]
This is one of my fav pictures of the kids. It was taken during one of the last hospital stays. She was always so worried for him and took great care of him when she visited.

In August, we got the all clear for him. He was finally a healthy boy. Those last months were very tough on our family. I had to quit my job, my husband stayed at the hospital every night with us and then leave every morning to go to a job that he only started 2 months before we started everything, and my daughter had to live with my parents while we stayed at the hospital. Our worlds were turned upside down.

I started really considering a Disney trip early in the summer for when he got better. Everything just kind of fell into place. I have a cousin who is flying us there and we got an awesome discount. I went back to work in August but only went back part time since I was also enrolled in school. I worked my behind off to pay for this trip. We had a party for Gabe and received so much money as a gift for our trip. The rest was paid for by us. I went through my house and sold everything we didn't need anymore. I found facebook garage sale groups online and also had 2 garage sales. The day we paid the trip in full was a glorious day!

Sorry this is so long. I tend to get wordy!
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: