Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

Whispering Canyon Cafe??

We are coming to Disney in mid-December and have a reservation for WCC for dinner. We have been before (2 years ago) and really enjoyed it. We would have gotten the skillet, regardless of the new menu changes.

My question is....Has anyone been there recently for dinner? If so, was the food still good? Atmosphere still fun?

Thanks!!
oka1jeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Bricket
Mouseketeer

We were there in May and it was fabulous. I got the skillet and was very NOT disappointed. Our cute waitress ragged my husband about having a "drinking problem" and brought out the extra, extra, EXTRA large jar for him to drink from and put 3 or 4 straws together for him to sip his drink out with....was hysterical.

And we cannot say ketchup anymore without screaming it to the top of our lungs. Our 10 yr old had a blast there--LOVED IT!
Bricket is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
fredtom
Mouseketeer Freddie

My DW and I had lunch there in October. It was as good and fun as ever. Wish they'd bring back the skillet on the lunch menu though.

9/89-CBR GF 9&10/01-POR CSR 10/02-AKL 10/03-AKL Poly DCL 9&10/04-BWV SSR OKW 9&11/05-VWL BWV OKW 6/06-DLR 9/06-SSR BCV 10/07-OKW AKV 9&10/08-OKW BWV 11/09-SSR AKV 10&11/10-OKW BLT 11&12/11-OKW AKV 10&11/12-VWL, BWV 12/13-OKW
DVC
fredtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

We were there November 15th and we had a great time. Our waitress Bree was amazing and so much fun. The food was okay, nothing out of this world. I will say the sliced beef was the best thing on the skillet and everyone ate that. There were 8 of us, so we were brought two huge skillets with all of the meats on them. The fish was not a hit followed by the chicken. The ribs and pulled pork were okay. The ribs were mostly bone and fat, very little meat. The sausage and beef were inhaled so much I had to ask for more just so I could have a piece. The sides were also a big hit with our group. I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

1stTimeDisneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
angelsmith52
Mouseketeer

glad to hear all the good reviews! We have a ressie there on 21st of December. Looking forward to it even more now!!!

------------------------------------------------------
1977- first trip to Disney off property. Don't remember much except the sky buckets and NOT being able to ride Dumbo!!, 1985- All Star Music- went with a friend and her son, 2008- All Star Music-First Family trip, 2012- Art of Animation- SURPRISE Christmas Trip
angelsmith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the opinions! I'm glad to hear good things...makes me excited to get the WDW!! 10 days.......
oka1jeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

How were the desserts? I heard they did away with the Jalapeno Lime Cheesecake. We have a ressie on December 12th and are just wondering what to expect.

Me(43) DH(47) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

I cannot tell you about the desserts as we did not have them. We were very full from our milkshakes and dinner so no dessert for our table. We also decided that they did not sound that good so it was a no brainier for us. In fact I cannot even remember what they were.

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

1stTimeDisneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your feedback!

Me(43) DH(47) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
mom of2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
We were there November 15th and we had a great time. Our waitress Bree was amazing and so much fun. The food was okay, nothing out of this world. I will say the sliced beef was the best thing on the skillet and everyone ate that. There were 8 of us, so we were brought two huge skillets with all of the meats on them. The fish was not a hit followed by the chicken. The ribs and pulled pork were okay. The ribs were mostly bone and fat, very little meat. The sausage and beef were inhaled so much I had to ask for more just so I could have a piece. The sides were also a big hit with our group. I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
I thought that the pulled pork was no longer offered. That is what the menus show. Is that incorrect?
mom of2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
NewmanFamily6
Mouseketeer

Thank God they did away with the Jalapeno Cheesecake! Even our waiter admitted it was nasty This was recently during our trip in October.

Next trip: January 2015 @ All Star Sports
NewmanFamily6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #12
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of2 View Post
I thought that the pulled pork was no longer offered. That is what the menus show. Is that incorrect?
When they first changed the menu, it was not included. I thought I saw on another thread that it is back now. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019972

Last edited by bigbabyblues; 12-01-2012 at 07:56 AM.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
mom of2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
When they first changed the menu, it was not included. I thought I saw on another thread that it is back now. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019972
Awesome!! Now if they would bring back the carmel apple pie I would be super happy
mom of2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #14
adamshalliwell
Earning My Ears

We've been since the menu change. The quality didn't seem up to par with our previous visits (but I might try again now that they pulled pork is back) and DH was depressed about not being able to order meatloaf. We had zero antics during this visit too. I don't know if this was a one off thing, but on previous visits we've had multiple funny interactions. It was a bit of a letdown because it was one of our favorites, and we took out of town family to a disappointing meal.

I liked the previous menu where I could order the skillet if I wanted, but now everyone is forced into the skillet with increased pricing (but including dessert) while Disney World already has, in my opinion, more than enough all-you-care-to-eats and buffets.

Edit - I will add that if you've never been to Whispering Canyon, it's still probably worth a visit. I just preferred it before.

Last edited by adamshalliwell; 12-01-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: adding info
adamshalliwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
stephgles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamshalliwell View Post
We've been since the menu change. The quality didn't seem up to par with our previous visits (but I might try again now that they pulled pork is back) and DH was depressed about not being able to order meatloaf. We had zero antics during this visit too. I don't know if this was a one off thing, but on previous visits we've had multiple funny interactions. It was a bit of a letdown because it was one of our favorites, and we took out of town family to a disappointing meal.

I liked the previous menu where I could order the skillet if I wanted, but now everyone is forced into the skillet with increased pricing (but including dessert) while Disney World already has, in my opinion, more than enough all-you-care-to-eats and buffets.

Edit - I will add that if you've never been to Whispering Canyon, it's still probably worth a visit. I just preferred it before.
I agree with your post. This was a family most do. We loved the horseradish pot roast and we went a week after the menu changed and we were in complete shock as no one told us until after we had our menu and we asked about it. Even the elevators at WL had the old information about the skillet and other items you can get. We were so disappointed in the food and the CM, it wasnt the same that we, in fact, cancelled our 2nd adr there and we have no desire to go back. Which stinks cause we stay at WL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: