DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
gracelrm
Wow - you learn something new everyday!
There's nothing better than taking the boat to MK

Urg - change in vacation plans

We were planning a trip December 2013 starting on Dec. 18 - 23rd. It was to be our first Christmas trip since 2004. DH and I are both teachers and our calendar was going to allow us to leave on the 17th to get several days in before Christmas. Yesterday, we find out there's going to be a calendar change Now, we won't be able to fit a trip in before Christmas, so we're looking at after Christmas and have some questions.

When do they begin to remove Christmas decorations?

How far past Christmas day do they have the special Christmas parade at MK?

Would the crowds be so high that we wouldn't enjoy the parks? We usually go in early to mid June, so are used to crowd levels of that size.

TIA
gracelrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracelrm View Post
Would the crowds be so high that we wouldn't enjoy the parks? We usually go in early to mid June, so are used to crowd levels of that size. TIA
The crowds and the wait times are horrendous! But for us that doesn't matter because we do go so frequently so we don't wait, we go back to the resort, follow the extra late or early park opening, etc.. For you, not since 2004, probably different.

I know the Osborne Christmas Lights at DHS, last day is Jan 6th, so the decorations are probably about the same time!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
We were planning a trip December 2013 starting on Dec. 18 - 23rd. It was to be our first Christmas trip since 2004. DH and I are both teachers and our calendar was going to allow us to leave on the 17th to get several days in before Christmas. Yesterday, we find out there's going to be a calendar change Now, we won't be able to fit a trip in before Christmas, so we're looking at after Christmas and have some questions.

When do they begin to remove Christmas decorations?
They should be up until about the 5th.

Quote:
How far past Christmas day do they have the special Christmas parade at MK?
Editing my response: my daughter diagrees... I thought that when we were there, the last Christmas parade was on Christmas day. She says no, it was running the day after also.

Quote:
Would the crowds be so high that we wouldn't enjoy the parks? We usually go in early to mid June, so are used to crowd levels of that size.
This really comes down to how you tour - mornings are very manageable. Afternoons are packed. We've been often enough that we sit back, enjoy the environment and let the crowds pass us by. One thing can be said about Disney at the holidays, although it is more crowded, people in general are in a more relaxed, happy state than say they are in August.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
gracelrm

We are planning on going Dec. 30th - January 4th - I guess that means no Christmas parade That won't be a deal breaker, but will certainly make me sad.

We generally go early to be at parks at rope drop, so maybe we could get a few hours in on the 30th or 31st then hopefully have a more leisurely visit after the 1st.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
We are planning on going Dec. 30th - January 4th - I guess that means no Christmas parade That won't be a deal breaker, but will certainly make me sad.

We generally go early to be at parks at rope drop, so maybe we could get a few hours in on the 30th or 31st then hopefully have a more leisurely visit after the 1st.
Were you able to get a room?! If so, great!

The MK has their NYE fireworks on both the 30th and 31st and we have always gone there for the 30th and Epcot for the 31st, but this year, we're going to DHS on the 31st because we've never seen their fireworks and have heard they are great!

Enjoy your holiday!

Also, the CP usually ends on the 30th. We've actually been able to go to that show and then head over to the MK on the 30th. The CP is really our favorite part of the Christmas holidays at Disney.

bobbiwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

The last Christmas parade is Dec. 31st.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
gracelrm

Bobbiwoz - we are planning the trip for next year - Dec. 2013, so we'll make our reservations in January.

If Disney keeps the same schedule each year - it sounds like we could see the Christmas Parade on the 30th and go to the CP on the 30th as well. That would make me very happy to be able to do both of those and see decorations all around the parks and resorts.

Now - time to decide if we want to get the discounted PAPs before December 31st.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: