DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Maverick
Mouseketeer

What Weeks / Months Are AKV Value Studios Available?

Hey folks,

Hoping someone could give me some real-world experience thoughts on availability of AKV value studios at the 7 month non-home resort reservation window...

Some things I've read make me believe these are rarely open at any time with 7 months advance, while others make me believe there are certain times of the year when this is possible.

Our preferred travel months will be early to mid-December (Yeah, I know this is a very bad time for 7 month windows), early to mid-November, anytime in January, February, May and September. We don't travel to WDW in the summer or around holidays (empty nest).

Thanks in advance for any information for the months I listed along with any others you may have knowledge of!

Mav
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I've gotten 2 value studios in January at 4 months out for 4 nights. This was for January '12.
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #3
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Value studio at AKV are sometime available at 7 months, often just for one to three consecutive nights.

I've seen a lot of availability from February to April this year, not during holidays or spring break. I could have booked full weeks in that period.
I think this is due to higher cost per night compared to nearest period. For example, Feb costs more than January, so an AKV owner looking for stretch their point will book at 11 month in January.

Be aware also that 7 months availability sometime quickly evaporate just minutes after the booking window opens.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Also, I have to add that AKV is still on sale. This means that more and more members will have access to the 11 month window while value rooms won't increase.
This will likely decrease availability over time of value rooms at 7 months. They are a bargain, but I would never buy another resort and hope to book them. If it happens it's a good bonus, otherwise booking a standard view using cheaper points is still a good deal (and other rooms are bigger, so there is more value).
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
drusba

DIS Veteran

Value can be very difficult at 7 months out from end of September to Tuesday after Marathon weekend in Jan although sometimes possible (such as the week before Thanksgiving week and third week of December but even that is hit or miss). Your early to mid-Dec time is virtually impossible, as was the first two weeks of Nov 2012.

During the remainder of the year your chances of getting value can range from none to a good chance and as to the latter: (a) mid-Jan to mid-Feb; (b) Friday after Presidents' Day to just beyond mid-March (as long as Easter is not early); (c) last week of April; (d) mid-Aug to just before end of Sep. Those are not certain and other times you may still have a chance particularly if not looking for more than two or three nights. Nevertheless, May, one of your other months, was mainly a shutout at 7 months for 2013.

Last edited by drusba; 11-28-2012 at 09:58 AM.
drusba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

It was available in october end when I looked at different resorts. Dates were 10-17th april. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: