Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #31
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Hope this doesn't sound ignorant but what exactly is a group meal coupon?

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #32
subtchr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Hope this doesn't sound ignorant but what exactly is a group meal coupon?
Not ignorant at all, I should have made it clear that these are not available to the typical guest. It's a coupon good for a meal at selected CS places in each park, resort food courts, or DTD. Groups purchase them with their tickets, if desired, for the use of the people in their group. I'm not sure of the minimum number needed to qualify for them, but I am usually traveling with groups of 100-200.

Ft. Wilderness Campground '77, Offsite '81, '83, Dixie Landings '97, Shades of Green '00, DL/DCA Offsite '02, Contemporary '03, AKL '04, SoG/HRH '06, PPH, DL/DCA '06, ASMu 2/09, Beach Club 12/09, Numerous trips as a group tour guide (best job ever!), GC DL/DCA 6/12, UO/Royal Pacific 12/14

My June '06 trip report December 09 Beach Club trip report

subtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #33
catho72
DIS Veteran

Wow! Beautiful pictures! By looking at the crowds in your pictures, WDW didn't look too terribly crowded. We always go in July and the crowds you encountered didn't seem as bad as the July crowds. I'm glad you had a great trip! When I was in HS band, we were in a parade at DL. HS tour guides have the patience of a saint!

Thanks for the breathtaking pictures and "not a trip-report" report!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #34
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Great pictures!!! Can't wait to see BoG in person.
And yeah for the band!!! (former flag girl here)
Ds4angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #35
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous pictures, glad you had a great trip and had no problems with FP enforcement.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #36
mefar1974
Earning My Ears

Your pictures are amazing. I can't wait until our next trip.
mefar1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #37
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

I have a question- do you need an assistant???? My DH is originally from Rocky River. I'm willing to relocate! Great non-trip report and lovely pics. Thanks!
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; SSR & OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #38
princess124
Mouseketeer

Hello from a fellow Clevelander - we're from Willoughby! Great report, beautiful pictures!! My next purchase is going to be a Nikon - pictures from a Nikon always come out so clear! Thanks for sharing your experience.

I Dug!!

"Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a loveable fellow! From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment, and there, Voila! You've got a Figment!"

"A warm welcome back to those of you who made it, and a friendly word of warning, something you won't find in any guidebook; the next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, make sure you know just what kind of vacancy you're filling, or you may find yourself a permanent resident of...The Twilight Zone."
princess124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #39
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say, I was at WDW at the same time as you and saw your group come down Main Street on Thanksgiving. Very cool. Love your pictures.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #40
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtchr View Post
Let me know if anyone has any questions for me!
If you recall, what settings did you use for the fireworks shots? They are great. With the proliferation of "point and shoots", not to mention smart phone cameras, we often forget just what a "real" camera can do, especially in the hands of a talented photographer like you.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #41
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
If you recall, what settings did you use for the fireworks shots? They are great. With the proliferation of "point and shoots", not to mention smart phone cameras, we often forget just what a "real" camera can do, especially in the hands of a talented photographer like you.
Wow...I wish I could take photos and wrangle a camera like you do. Another fellow Ohioan here...just south about an hour. Your photos were breathtaking!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #42
subtchr
DIS Veteran

Thanks, all, I am definitely no pro, I just take LOTS of photos and am lucky that a few turn out well! I did get a fast prime lens (35 mm) before this trip, which was better for the low light shots. (For those who might not know, a prime lens is a fixed focal length - no zoom. The advantage is that they have a larger maximum aperture, which allows for better performance in lower light. The disadvantage is that you then have to "zoom with your feet" to get the composition you want.) To get truly sharp, stunning fireworks shots, a tripod is pretty much a requirement, but I don't want to carry one of those around, so I do the best I can handheld. Take a look over on the Photo board, some of the shots there are just incredible - those people are true artitsts.

Having said that, some of the photos - in fact I think all of the Osborne lights - were taken with my small Olympus TG-1. Even "point and shoot" cameras these days have amazing capabilities. Read reviews, decide what features are important, what your budget is, and - this is vital - go to a camera store to see how different cameras feel in your hands. Are the controls comfortable to operate? Is it a size and weight that feels right in your hands?

And then take lots and lots of pics! That's the beauty of digital photography. You can experiment all you want, without worrying about the expense of film or developing.

I actually live in southern Ohio, near Dayton. I travel all over the country to take bands and choirs on trips - I love it!

Thanks again, all!

Ft. Wilderness Campground '77, Offsite '81, '83, Dixie Landings '97, Shades of Green '00, DL/DCA Offsite '02, Contemporary '03, AKL '04, SoG/HRH '06, PPH, DL/DCA '06, ASMu 2/09, Beach Club 12/09, Numerous trips as a group tour guide (best job ever!), GC DL/DCA 6/12, UO/Royal Pacific 12/14

My June '06 trip report December 09 Beach Club trip report

subtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #43
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

I am highly impressed Thank you for sharing your trip memories with us. Your photos are among the best I've seen on these boards. We have considered going to WDW over Thanksgiving to experience the holiday season there without our kids having to miss more than a couple days of school, and Thanksgiving definitely seems doable compared to what I've read/heard about the weeks of Christmas and New Year's.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #44
Sleepy425
Mouseketeer

One day when I hit the lottery I am going to hire someone like you to follow my family around and take pictures. Those are amazing - I'll bet the parents of the kids who couldn't be there will be thrilled to see the ones of the kids marching.
Thanks for taking the time to post them!
Sleepy425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #45
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Really awesome pics, reviews and tips!!! Thanks a mil!!!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: