DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
knockUout
Mouseketeer

Member Services assistance with tickets

Trying to decide if we should purchase the annual passes. I have copies of prior tickets (10 day no expiration tickets) that I know we have some remaining days on. I had a master sheet that I kept track of how many park days were left on each ticket. Unfortunately I have misplaced it. Family of six and we have not attended equal days so some members of family have more park days left than others. Can Member Services determine these if I faxed copies of the tickets or would it be better to go through DisneyWorld? If I do need to contact Disney who would I contact (department wise)? Thanks
knockUout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Member Services really doesn't do much with tickets, except to sell the annual passes and vouchers to DVC Members. But they may be able to give the number or contact info for the department you would need to contact.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
MagicalMeg
Earning My Ears

I was in the same situation last year & was told by several CMs, member services & others, that the only way to do this is the physically present the cards at the parks or Guest Relations. They were very adamant that it had to be done in person.
MagicalMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

for someone who's been in similar situations,and lost tickets for that matter it's true. go to any park guest relation boxes and they'll be able to scan those numbers and tell you exactly what's left on each one,Enjoy!!
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

In order to decrease the ease at which unscrupulous people were reselling partially used WDW tickets, Disney no longer will tell guests what is left on their tickets over the phone. As PP stated, the only way to find out is to present them at any park or DTD Guest Relations.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
knockUout
Mouseketeer

Can the guest services at the BCV determine the remaining days and then put those onto the room key when we check in? Other option, I have friends going in December (staying off-site). Would guest services at the theme parks or DTD provide them with remaining ticket info if they brought copies of our tickets?
I like to buy my tickets prior to trip but it looks like i might have to purchase upon arrival in June. Less expensive than booking flight for myself to find out early, lol. I like to have my ducks in a row and this is frustrating that I can't obtain info. I can see why Disney does this to prevent fraud but it doesn't help the honest folks who just messed up with paperwork.
knockUout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

It has been reported that the resorts have given out misinformation when it comes to checking old tickets. For example, a guest was told by their resort concierge that there was nothing left on their tickets (which the guest knew was wrong), and sure enough when he brought them to MK guest relations, they did indeed find several days worth of admission left. So I would not trust the resorts to check old tickets. You are better off taking them to any park or DTD guest relations.

Sorry that you can't find out until you get there. I'd find that frustrating, too! Luckily we have APs now, so no more worrying about how many days we have left.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #8
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I would suggest that the friends going in December take copies of the missing tickets with them and go to any Park ticket or Guest Relations window. They can get the tickets replaced at that time as well as getting the information as to what remains.

Very often at the Resorts they are unable to give accurate information related to remaining entitlements.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: