Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

CBR -Just Booked and Hope I like it..

Hi. I just booked CBR for March 22-28, 2013 for my ds's baseball trip (his HS is doing Spring Training in Disney).
I saved over $400 booking on my own since I do not need the 3 day park passes and I have old plusses that can be used to get into WWoS.
The team is staying at CBR and although I've been to Disney many, many times, have never stayed here and do hope I am not disaapointed.
I guess I just hope to get some reassurance. I won't be home and at work so I guess right off the bat it is looking good LOL
Thanks for giving me any tips you can. I just got standard room with 2 beds (haven't told dh that yet though ).
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Julie711
DIS Veteran

You'll really enjoy this resort! We have stayed here 4x and love the Caribbean feel , music, landscaping, beaches, pool area , food court & gift shop! We love how spread out it is because even when it is full it doesn't feel like anyone else is there!!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

We stayed here in April. I went in with very low expectations because I had read a lot of negative on these boards. We loved it! The pool area is beautiful and the resort is calm and tranquil. We were at capacity during our stay and it never seemed crowded. We would stay here again for sure.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
cori1124
Cori

I stayed there once in April 2006 and to be honest, I felt is was so-so. First off...the place is HUGE, with multiple bus stops within the resort which can get pretty annoying when you just want to get to where you're going. I cheaped out & rolled the dice hoping to get a room relatively close to the main building...no such luck; but after all the food I ate that week, I needed the exercise...& boy, I got a lot of it going to & fro the main building! Check-in was in an entirely different building from the main one...I found this to be pretty odd & a pain in the butt given I stayed there pre-Magical Express days so I had to drag my own luggage to my room. I will say the atmosphere was great, had my room not been so far from the main area & the place wasn't so big, I probably would have enjoyed it more. If you're anything like me, then you may want to consider saving a few bucks & staying at Pop Century which is literally next to CBR or if you still want to stay in a moderate tiered resort, switch to the smaller POFQ. Have a blast!

Apr 2013-PC, Oct 2012-WL, Apr 2012-PC, Feb 2012-PC, Dec-2011 YC, Feb 2011-PC, Dec 2010-BC, Aug 2010-POFQ, May 2010-PC, Dec 2009-GF,
Feb 2009-PC, Dec 2008-GF, Aug 2008-POR, Feb 2008-ASM, Dec 2007-GF, Apr 2007-Disney Cruise, Dec 2006-ASMo, May 2006-CB, Apr 2005 ASMo, Dec 2004-ASMo, April 2004-ASMo
cori1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
nherbert
Earning My Ears

You will have a fantastic time!

We did much the same as you and read all the negative reviews before we did our first family trip to WDW. But we loved it! We also stayed at the wilderness lodge and animal kingdom lodge in that trip and the CBR is the only resort we are returning to for our second trip (only 28 more sleeps).

If you haven't got a preferred room, I suggest asking for Jamaica building, it is a relatively short but extremely pleasant walk over a bridge to the pool and restaurant, and it is also close to a bus stop that for most parks is the first pick up stop and also the first drop off spot.

Yes you have to walk a bit, it is a resort not a lodge or hotel. But WOW what a relaxing, pleasant walk that just makes you happy to be alive and helps you realise you are on holiday!
nherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. CBR is our favorite Moderate. What I have found is that what most people see as a negative, we see as positives. Yes, the resort is large. But because of that, even when it's at capacity it never feels like it. We usually go in October during FW and FD and it's normally at capacity, yet we feel we are the only people staying in our building. Also we like that there is a bus stop for every village. We are never far from a bus stop so we're sitting at the covered bus stop instead of walking to one in the hot sun. Even when we are the first stop picked up, we are usually leaving CBR proper in about 7 minutes. There are plenty of non-preferred rooms that are a 5 minute walk over to OPR and the Main Pool. We like that the check-in/check-out is in a seperate location. It really keeps the hustle and bustle down when you are getting food, shopping in the gift shop or checking out the arcade.

During our longer stays we usually schedule 2 resort days to relax and enjoy CBR. It's such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. We feel we get 2 vacations in one.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
js

Thank you all for your reviews. I greatly appreciate it!

Regarding that check in isn't in the same building, that won't bother me since we own a timeshare at Orange Lake Country Club and own at SSR so check in for us is NEVER in the same buidling.

For us, the bigger the better so I guess that too is a plus where some would see a negative.

Thank you for the advice on what building to request. I do appreciate knowing where I should request.

I do LOVE the caribbean feel and I think that will be nice too.

Thanks so much for all your help. I really do appreciate it!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
Magalex
DIS Veteran

CBR is Lovely!!! We also request & stay in the Jamaica buildings. We have gotten very lucky at CBR with room requests I love walking across the bridge with the pretty colorful landscape & flowers. We never had issues with the bus transportation to the parks.
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
WDW and Sea World Orlando June 2014- The "B" resort in DTD
WDW 2015-POR
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
js

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalex View Post
CBR is Lovely!!! We also request & stay in the Jamaica buildings. We have gotten very lucky at CBR with room requests I love walking across the bridge with the pretty colorful landscape & flowers. We never had issues with the bus transportation to the parks.
Thanks! Most of our trip is baseball so we have the bus taking us to/from WWoS and the parks are secondary. But, it's nice to know there doesn't seem to be too many bus issues.

Thanks so much!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

We love it at CBR...very quiet and very peaceful. I would suggest that you opt to get the preffered room...it is closer to the pool and the food court...being that the place it huge it makes for an early morning coffee run a bit easier!!! Hope you enjoy!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
js

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeprogram01 View Post
We love it at CBR...very quiet and very peaceful. I would suggest that you opt to get the preffered room...it is closer to the pool and the food court...being that the place it huge it makes for an early morning coffee run a bit easier!!! Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a T/S and own DVC and it is already killing me that I'm paying to stay at a hotel when I have the points but dh wants to stay at the same hotel as the team this year....gggrrr....I told him next year, we are using our points or t/s and staying for "free".
I may change to a preferred room since I am already saving a lot by booking with Disney (not through the group) and hotels.com. I'm double checking my tickets when I get home and if I have more than 3 days on my tickets (which I belive I do) I am booking through fatwallet and then hotel.com. I know I have lots of plusses to get me into WWoS so just need to check the amount of days I have left.
THANKS SO MUCH!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We loved CBR . I thought the grounds were beautiful and the transportation was great. I'm sure you'll love it. Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
LThomas
Earning My Ears

We love CBR and stay there every time we go to Disney. We always request Jamaica. Have a great vacation!
LThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #14
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a T/S and own DVC and it is already killing me that I'm paying to stay at a hotel when I have the points but dh wants to stay at the same hotel as the team this year....gggrrr....I told him next year, we are using our points or t/s and staying for "free".
I may change to a preferred room since I am already saving a lot by booking with Disney (not through the group) and hotels.com. I'm double checking my tickets when I get home and if I have more than 3 days on my tickets (which I belive I do) I am booking through fatwallet and then hotel.com. I know I have lots of plusses to get me into WWoS so just need to check the amount of days I have left.
THANKS SO MUCH!

Sure thing! Hope you enjoy your trip!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
Koda
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! We will be staying at CBR in January for the first time. Can't wait!
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: