Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #31
Queen Nonnie
Earning My Ears

Tables in Wonderland

Does Be My Guest take Tables in Wonderland for lunch or dinner?
Queen Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #32
Lu Ann
Afternoon Tea Hostess

We went for lunch on Friday, November 16, during "Dress Rehearsal" of New Fantasyland, which opened up to everyone at about 10 am. They started letting the line into Be Our Guest at 10:30. Even though there was a long line, we got in the building in about 5 minutes. We were in line inside no more than 10 minutes.

The ballroom is the largest room, and the noisiest. Sound seems to reverberate off the walls in there more. Not overly noisy, but the noisiest. The West Wing is smaller than I expected, quieter except for the sound effects. We ate in the Rose Room, the medium-size of the three rooms, and it was by far the quietest. It had the least number of people in it, and it seemed to absorb more sound. Since the ordering area dumps you into the ballroom, and you have to walk through it to get to the other rooms, there is more traffic in that room. The Rose and West Wing are on the edges, so there is no thru-traffic, although people do visit the rooms to look, but it wasn't disturbing.

We had French Onion Soup (great), the salad with grilled tuna (my DH ate this, he said it was ok, but he wouldn't get it again), and the quiche. I was looking forward to the quiche as I Love quiche, but I was disappointed in it. You couldn't taste the vegetables, they were there but had no taste, and I could taste no cheese in the quiche. It was light and not heavy at all, but tasted like scrambled eggs in crust, and that was all. Bleck. So I wouldn't get that again. The salad on the side was full of frisee lettuce, which I personally don't like because it is bitter. Also the vinegrette for the salad was rather bitter, no sweetness or tang or anything. I'm not fond of vinegrette dressings anyway, but this one I really didn't like, and my DH who usually does like vinegrettes, didn't much care for this one, either. And it seems this is the only dressing choice. If I got something from there again with salad, I think I will bring in a dressing packet with me, so I can have a dressing I like! I wish they had choices there (I didn't see another choice, at least).

We ordered three desserts (we couldn't decide). We had the chocolate cupcake (pretty good), the strawberry cream cheese cupcake (ok, but the only strawberry taste it had was the strawberry on top of it! It tasted just like plain white cake with a slight cream cheese taste. It was good, but I was disappointed there was no actual strawberry flavor in the cake that we could detect. There did seem to be a pink filling, but when I tasted it, I only tasted sweet, not strawberry), and passion fruit cream puff. The cream puff was great. We love the flavor of passion fruit, and this is a larger cream puff with lots of filling, and it's not overly sweet.

We will eat here again, but will definitely get other items! The rooms are all beautiful, and it is huge. Ordering is easy, you can request dressing on the side, or tossed into the salad. Service was very quick, too.

Husband's first trip to WDW was to the Preview Center, prior to the park opening in 1971
We are both 5th-Generation Native Floridians!

Engaged at WDW 1984
Honeymooned at WDW 1985

Last WDW Trip: September 30, 2012
Next WDW Trip: December 9-14, 2012
Lu Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #33
crzy4mk
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."-Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Nonnie View Post
Does Be My Guest take Tables in Wonderland for lunch or dinner?
I'd like to know this as well....for lunch anyway.
crzy4mk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #34
ptted
Do-Be - Do-Be - Dooooo-Bee A-gent P!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4mk

According to several websites, it will only be accepted for dinner.

ptted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #35
RobinEJ
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the latest time you can go in and get served for lunch is? I really want to go, but won't be making it into the Magic Kingdom until 3:30! Please let me know when they take their last parties. Thanks so much!
RobinEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #36
subtchr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinEJ View Post
Does anyone know what the latest time you can go in and get served for lunch is? I really want to go, but won't be making it into the Magic Kingdom until 3:30! Please let me know when they take their last parties. Thanks so much!
Sorry, but lunch hours are 10:30 - 2:30; they have been cutting the line off at 2:00.

Ft. Wilderness Campground '77, Offsite '81, '83, Dixie Landings '97, Shades of Green '00, DL/DCA Offsite '02, Contemporary '03, AKL '04, SoG/HRH '06, PPH, DL/DCA '06, ASMu 2/09, Beach Club 12/09, Numerous trips as a group tour guide (best job ever!), GC DL/DCA 6/12

My June '06 trip report December 09 Beach Club trip report
subtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #37
RobinEJ
Mouseketeer

Rats! Thanks for letting me know though!
RobinEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #38
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

We at at BOG last Tuesday at 1:30pm-ish (park crowd level was about a 3 out of 10 in my opinion). The line was a 30 min wait. The food and atmosphere were great! We sat in the West Wing next to the rose and I would not do that again (flash photography constantly and people crowding around our table). We liked it so much that we went back for another lunch on Saturday (park crowd level of 7 imho) somewhere between 1pm and 2pm and the wait was 60mins. We ended up eating somewhere else though.
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #39
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4mk View Post
We were told no discounts for lunch.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #40
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

I am glad to hear that on THanksgiving Day that things went well. Thanks for posting.

I am curious to see how this might change with the grand opening this week, I hope everyone keeps posting throughout the month. I am also trying to gauge it for our upcoming January trip.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #41
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Just had lunch here yesterday (12-2) and it was awesome. The wife and I each had the Steak Sandwich and had the triple chocolate cupcake and strawberry cream cheese cupcake. Everything tasted really good and would eat here again. I would pay for the pure fact that I don't have to walk around a crowded restaurant with 2 trays of food while I look for a seat. It literally took 3 minutes for our food to be brought to us. Couldn't ask for a better experience.

Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #42
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Absolutely fantastic! Amazing place, incredible details including the service of the food to your table, and great food for a CS! We ate there yesterday. It was 12:20 and the line was all the way to the new Fantasyland main pathway. We figured it was going to be an hour and we wouldn't have time to do it, but I asked the CM and she said it was only 20 minutes. Turned out to be about 15. It didn't take too long after we sat down for the food to show up. Also, there was no problem finding a table even for a bigger party. Even if the line looks really long, go up and ask before just walking away. If it had been up to DH, we would have just walked away after he saw the line, and he went nuts over the place once we got in. He is still talking about how it is the best CS in all of WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
I had the Croque and loved it. I'm not typically a fan of rye bread but this tasted pretty good.
What????? It was rye bread???? I hate Rye bread! I had the Croque and I loved it too! DD (6) was a big fan of the multigrain pasta with marinara sauce and the chocolate cream puff.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #43
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I think we were in line with you yesterday.We were there at the same time.

Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #44
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913
I think we were in line with you yesterday.We were there at the same time.
If you saw a group of 4 adults trying to wrangle 3 excited wild kids - 2 six year old girls in blue and a 4 year old boy chasing after them,- that was us!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #45
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

This is a GREAT thread!!! Thanks for all the info!!! We will be headed back "home" in May and are very excited to try BOG for lunch..especially after reading this thread!!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: