Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Albertan mom
I didn't mean too, innocent mistake!
It all depends on the time of the month
You touch it--you take it!!

Rooms for 5 people

We need a room for: Myself, hubby, 15 year old son, 18 year old daughter, and her 18 year old boyfriend.
We need lots of space, and my dd and her bf will not be sleeping in the same bed.
So we can do the cabins, but sleeping arrangement is strange, as the bf would be in the living room and we would all be squished in bedroom. And bunks are small for big teenagers.
We can do the Value Family Suites, but then the bf gets the nice room and we are all in the living room.

Any other options?
What are the villas like?
The website isn't very clear... are the beds all in one room?
Disneyland Dec 2005
Disneyworld Aug 2006
Trip report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1222666
Disneyworld Aug 2007
Disneyland Feb 2009
Disneyworld Nov 2009
Disneyworld July 2013
Albertan mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

One suggestion, and probably the most economical would be to book 2 rooms at a value resort. Put your son and your DD's boyfriend in one room and let your daughter bunk with you and your husband in the other. The boys would each have their own bed.

The 2 bedroom villas are usually a king bed in one bedroom, a pull-out and a queen bed in the other bedroom and a pull out in the living room. Old Key West has 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertan mom View Post
We need a room for: Myself, hubby, 15 year old son, 18 year old daughter, and her 18 year old boyfriend.
We need lots of space, and my dd and her bf will not be sleeping in the same bed.
So we can do the cabins, but sleeping arrangement is strange, as the bf would be in the living room and we would all be squished in bedroom. And bunks are small for big teenagers.
We can do the Value Family Suites, but then the bf gets the nice room and we are all in the living room.

Any other options?
I would get 2 value rooms, which would be 4 double beds. Put the bf and son in one room; you, DH & DD in the other. Or 2 mods which would be 4 queens (except CBR). Since the bf is 18, he can be in a separate room. You can request connecting (but not guaranteed).
Old 05-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Would you want to consider staying sortof offsite? Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a Deluxe resort with one, two, three, and four bedroom villas and is right next to CBR. The only way to get into it, is to come through Disney gates and up Chelonia Pkw. It's closer to the parks than alot of the Disney owned resorts and much nicer than just about any of them. It sits on land that Disney was not able to purchase back in the 60's and is just land locked between Disney and I4, so the only way to get in is through Disney. We stayed there for the first time a couple of weeks ago (May 10th-22nd) and just fell in love with it. We got a one bedroom that sleeps four people for $89.00 per night, but just a few days ago I checked for quotes for a two bedroom for our Dec trip (would sleep 8 with the pull out couch). Two in the king size bed in the master bedroom, four in the two queen beds in the second bedroom, and two on the pull out couch in the living room). You'd have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, three TVs, a jacuzzi tub, walk in shower, washer/dryer, and fully equipped kitchen with a nice balcony cheaper than you could get a single Disney Value room. The quotes I've gotten for a two bedroom (for Dec) are running $70.00-$99.50 per night. Again this would be at a Deluxe resort with six pools, mutliple hot tubs, a kids water play area, two lazy rivers, and a free mini golf course (all within the WDW gates). The only drawback is the lack of Disney transportation. They do have a shuttle, but charge $5.00 per person round trip to use them. We just rented a car, as parking at the resort is free, but then (unless you have an AP, which would give you free park parking), you'd have to pay to park at the parks every day. We have APs so that was not an issue for us. For less than $100.00 per night, the value can't be beat.

With a two bedroom villa you guys would have lots of room to spread out. You and your husband would have a private bedroom with a king size bed, your daughter could have the fold out couch, then her boyfried would have a queen size bed in the second bedroom with your son in the room with him in his own queen size bed.

Last edited by aubriee; 05-31-2013 at 02:01 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Yellosno
DIS Veteran

The two bedroom villa at SSR was really nice with 5 people. It had a king in one room a pullout in the living room and two queens in the 2nd bedroom.
August 2005 Beach Club & Polynesian
January 2008 Wilderness Lodge
August 2011: Port Orleans French Quarter
July 2012: Saratoga Springs & Pop Century
August 2013: Boardwalk & Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yellosno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertan mom View Post

Any other options?
I would not recommend a cabin, the bed arrangement is weird and there is only one bathroom. DVC units are great but pricey.
I would say do two rooms and put the boys in their own room, value/moderate/deluxe depending on your budget.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

As much as I like staying at WDW, I'd stay offsite in a three-bedroom timeshare-type place that rents. You need more room than WDW can offer at a reasonable price. We like the Hilton Grand Vacation resort. I'm pretty sure they have 3-bedroom places, though I've only stayed in a 1-bedroom there.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
bek
Mouseketeer

The Swan and Dolphin oftentimes have a special on connecting rooms -- one rate for the standard room, then a discount on the connecting room. They also have a variety of discounts if you're a teacher, nurse, Florida resident, AAA, AARP, etc. that will discount the standard room. There is a mandatory resort fee of $17 per room. Plus a mandatory $15 for self-park. But the guys could stay in one room and your daughter with you.

Also off-site is a good option for larger groups.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

You can still stay in a family suite at ASMu and sleep in the bedroom yourself. There are 3 separate sleepers in the living room. The sofa bed, the chair and the ottoman.

I am sure they can safely sleep in the living room all together with the little brother in the room. I doubt anybody would try any hanky panky with a sibling in the same room.

And the suites are pretty big and have 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. Pleanty of room for everyone's bags.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutolovr View Post
One suggestion, and probably the most economical would be to book 2 rooms at a value resort. Put your son and your DD's boyfriend in one room and let your daughter bunk with you and your husband in the other. The boys would each have their own bed.

The 2 bedroom villas are usually a king bed in one bedroom, a pull-out and a queen bed in the other bedroom and a pull out in the living room. Old Key West has 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom.
If you are considering 2 BR villas, you'd likely end up with a similar sleeping situation as if you did 2 rooms at a value or mod. In a 2 BR villa, I would guess parents in the king bedroom, son and BF in the 2nd bedroom, and daughter in the living room. If thats how you think it would pan out, you'd be better off saving some money and doing two rooms at a value or mod.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: