Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Mommy2cody
Mouseketeer

Will we make our ADR?

Hey guys just a quick question. Our flight lands at 4:10pm. Do you think we will have enough time to make our T-Rex ADR at 6:00pm?

We are staying at POP if it matters!

November 8-15, 2014 Port Orleans - French Quarter!
January 5-13, 2013 POP Century Resort! Our First Trip!
Mommy2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Are you using ME or driving?? I think the ME can take up to 30 mins. to load, then another 45 to get to WDW. PLus it depends on what order you are getting dropped off. I think it may be a close call. -Amanda
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Only maybe if you are renting a car and drive straight there then checking in later. If using ME its possible to be at resort by 5-ish, but unlikely. Even if you did get to resort quickly, it would still be tight to get a bus to DTD and to the restaurant in time.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2cody View Post
Hey guys just a quick question. Our flight lands at 4:10pm. Do you think we will have enough time to make our T-Rex ADR at 6:00pm?

Are you using ME?? Because you figure with ME you could be at POP by 5:10 and then you have to check in and wait for a bus and then about a 20 minute ride to DTD and then walking to the restaurant....I think you might be in trouble here...and what if your flight is delayed???

I personally wouldn't have made that ADR on arrival day.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

I'd move it later, if you can. You're leaving yourself less than two hours between when your flight lands to reservation time (that's even if everything runs like clockwork). I don't see how you'd have enough time.

Are you renting a car or using Magical Express?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Mommy2cody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Are you using ME?? Because you figure with ME you could be at POP by 5:10 and then you have to check in and wait for a bus and then about a 20 minute ride to DTD and then walking to the restaurant....I think you might be in trouble here...and what if your flight is delayed???

I personally wouldn't have made that ADR on arrival day.
When I made the ADR, the flight I was planning on booking was going to arrive at 1:45pm. I made our ADR's in July and just booked our flight last month in November. I got a better deal on this flight!! I just wanted to see if it was do-able before I called and pushed the time back!

Thanks for your help everyone! This is our first trip so everything
is new! We are from SoCal and used to Disneyland lol you can get just about ANYWHERE in under a half hour at Disneyland lol! Not used to allowing so much time for things!

Old 12-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I made the ADR, the flight I was planning on booking was going to arrive at 1:45pm. I made our ADR's in July and just booked our flight last month in November. I got a better deal on this flight!! I just wanted to see if it was do-able before I called and pushed the time back!

Thanks for your help everyone! This is our first trip so everything
is new! We are from SoCal and used to Disneyland lol you can get just about ANYWHERE in under a half hour at Disneyland lol! Not used to allowing so much time for things!
I would definitely just call and see if you can get a later ADR.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Very little chance regardless of what your transportation plans are (and you never answered the questions about DME vs. alternatives).

If your flight is on time, you have only carry-on bags and you are using a car service or cab, the best case scenario has you arriving at your resort by about 5 p.m. If you skip checking in and catch a cab, you can get to T-Rex by 6 p.m. The cost for making the reservation under those conditions will come close to $100 and still only works if all of the stated conditions apply.

I personally could never justify a $100 premium for a T-Rex reservation. YMMV.

Realistically, if your flight is on time (and that's a pretty big if these days), a more realistic time for an ADR away from your resort would be 7:30 p.m. And even then a pretty typical flight delay will leave you scrambling.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I agree with the PPs who recommended that you change your ADR for that night. Irregardless of your means of transportation- DME, taxi,or car rental- you will be travelling smack in the middle of rush hour. I highly doubt that you would be at your resort in less than 90 min. And it's even less likely that an afternoon flight would arrive right on time in the first place.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:

I'm with the rest on this as well, I don't see any way of you making this ADR regardless of what means of transportation you take from the airport. Hopefully getting a later ADR is available and works for you.

By the way, love the avatar.

OH....IO (Go Buckeyes)

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As others have said, it depends on how you're getting from MCO to WDW. Last trip we hired a town car and we were in our hotel room within 1 hour of touching down at MCO. That included finding the driver, the drive to WDW, getting checked in and up to our room. But we were lucky, it was later in the evening, no traffic, no hold ups and it was a private car so we weren't waiting on the ME and other people.

For T Rex, if you can't change to a better time, call the restaurant directly. They give some reservations to WDW but they keep some reservations for themselves.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #12
Mommy2cody
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the replies! Going to call tomorrow and see about getting a later ADR. If not, I will just cancel the ADR and we can do something else for dinner at DTD.... maybe Earl of Sandwich!!

Thanks for all the help! I went from being super excited to being VERY nervous!! It's getting close!!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #13
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Just another checking in to agree that you'd be seriously pushing it and would more than likely (like I'd bet money on it, and I'm not a gambler) be late. I was there in September and landing at 10 20am, grabbing my 1 bag on my own and it was like the 3rd bag out on the belt, a short wait to get on ME then the ride then check in at Pop, spending less than 15 minutes in the room then hauling butt to the bus stop for a 12:55 or something like that reservation for Paradiso 37, I was late for that ADR by 10 minutes.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #14
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the replies! Going to call tomorrow and see about getting a later ADR. If not, I will just cancel the ADR and we can do something else for dinner at DTD.... maybe Earl of Sandwich!!

Thanks for all the help! I went from being super excited to being VERY nervous!! It's getting close!!
I think this is a good idea. Landing at 4:10 with an ADR at 6:00 would be cutting it too close, IMO. Good luck getting a later time. Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Quote:

Have a fun trip. I think you'll love WDW. It's funny how DLR and WDW have so much in common, and yet can be very different experiences. Enjoy
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: