Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #31
BillyBuckner
Mouseketeer

I forgot to add... I don't think I would choose CBR again (at least until kids are grown) but I was quite pleased with how the situation was handled, which will keep me coming back to WDW property.

02/2008: 7 days @ CR; 11/2009: 12 days @ POP; 01/2012: 8 days @ CSR; 11/2012: 8 days @ CBR/CSR
BillyBuckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #32
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBuckner View Post
Thanks for all the comments. I took your advice and went to the lobby and asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to a very nice cast member who listened to my concerns and arranged to have me moved to the CSR. She also helped me cancel (without penalty) a dining reservation for Garden Grill for tonight (my daughter still isn't fully well so we are not making it to Epcot as planned).

We now have park hoppers so we'll try to squeeze what we had planned for 4 days into 3 days.
You did the right thing. I'm very happy it worked out for you. Hoping your family feels better quickly.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #33
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

I always find that when I am @ WDW, if I have an issue with something that addressing it immediately is most effective.

If it's a minor issue I just call the appropriate dept.

If it is a bigger issue, I tend to speak to someone in person....I have only had what I would consider to be one time where speaking in person was necessary. We had checked into a 2BR villa at OKW (DVC members & it is our home resort). DH & I were there alone for one night, then the next day his sister & her hubby were coming to stay with us for the rest of the trip.

There were lots of "little" things...I opened the drawer in the armoire to put my clothing in and there was someone else's clothing in there! Apparently they had checked out & forgotten to check to make sure they had emptied the drawers and housekeeping had never checked.

Many of the blinds in the livingroom were not functioning properly. That wasn't an issue for us in terms of needing to open or close them because however they were, we just left them since it didn't impact anyone (no one sleeping in the livingroom) but I did want it reported as soon as we checked in so I didn't get blamed/charged for it.

Stuff was missing from the kitchen that was supposed to be there. Again, I could live without the proper # of paring knives but didn't want to get blamed for them being missing.

The biggest issue was the bathroom in the 2nd BR, which was quite shabby. There was a lot of mildew around the base of the room where the walls met the floor, there was a lot of mildew around the base of the toilet. I realize it's Florida and there will be some mildew due to humidity/moisture etc. in the bathroom, but the caulk was absolutely green. Led me to think that the room had not been properly serviced since one would think that if it had been cleaned that bleach spray would have been used on the mildewed area to take care of it. You really couldn't miss it...it was that green.

I did call Mousekeeping and asked to speak to a supervisor, explained my concerns. She came right up and agreed that the room was not up to the check-in standards that they like a room to be. I gave her the bag of the other people's clothes to put into Lost & Found or follow up with them somehow. She offered to move us, but frankly the room's location was good, so I asked her if she would just make sure it got a really good deep cleaning, do something about the mildewy bathroom, and make sure the kitchen had all the utensils, bowls, appliances etc. that it was supposed to have. I told her I didn't care about the livingroom blinds not working but if they felt they wanted to change them @ this point they could feel free to do so or do so after we left.

She was quite lovely and off we went to the parks. When we came back the room was **** & span, the rugs had even been steamed (they were still ever so slightly damp), the bathroom smelled like bleach and the mildewed caulk everywhere had been dug out & replaced rather than just cleaned. The kitchen was fully stocked and there was a gift basket with some snacks in it on the table. That last thing wasn't necessary but very nice.

About 2 weeks after we got back the supervisor called me to report that they had taken that room offline after we left to do a refurbishment, thanked me again for reporting everything in a pleasant and non-nasty manner.

We've been back to OKW many times since so no harm no foul. I think they do the best they can, I'm sure that Mousekeeping has a checklist they are supposed to follow but human nature being what it is, things get missed.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~

Last edited by Disney Doll; 12-21-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: fixing typos
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #34
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Discussing concerns WHILE YOU ARE THERE is the smartest thing you could have done. You were really thinking!

Many times, people wait until they are home & then grumble about the things that were wrong. If they had gone to the front desk when the problems were happening - then the personnel can help you.

I have a LOT of respect for CBR in their willingness to help you & your family. Helping when things go wrong is the sign of a good resort. Kudos to CBR!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
jgoody
Earning My Ears

This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing, we will keep it in mind when we visit Wilderness Lodge in early January.
jgoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #36
Missytara
I'm all ears!

We were at POR after a refurb and we were in Acadian House - we were only the second family to be in the room.

I work in facilities management and noted over the first few days noted some issues with the room. I called from the room and told the CM that I was aware of the CCC and needed to be transferred to Maintenance. They did and I very carefully described each issue and prioritized each item.

That afternoon we returned and everything was fixed and it did not even look like anyone had been in the room!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: