Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
colbyky
Awaiting my return to the most magical place on earth!

Disney Property Wedding not through DFTW

Last edited by colbyky; 01-16-2013 at 01:41 AM.
colbyky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
disneyamy4
Mouseketeer

There was someone on here that got covertly married on the monorail.

i'm sure there is something in 'Disney Law' that states you aren't allowed to get married on Disney property, but i'm not 100%!

i don't think they would let you have a ceremony on the beach at the poly, if it was a normal type ceremony it would be very obvious! that would disrupt other disney brides who may have weddings that day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

The Poly Beach is a memories collection wedding location and having an unofficial or unauthorized wedding there could get you kicked off property. If i had paid $2,500 to get married on the Poly beach and showed up to see someone else getting married there, I'd be pretty upset and i don't think you'd want to run the risk of commandeering someone else's wedding location or being banned from the resort. There is no more GF beach due to the construction.

The Swan and Dolphin also offers a beach ceremony location if you are looking for a less expensive alternative to DFTW.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
colbyky

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
The Poly Beach is a memories collection wedding location and having an unofficial or unauthorized wedding there could get you kicked off property. If i had paid $2,500 to get married on the Poly beach and showed up to see someone else getting married there, I'd be pretty upset and i don't think you'd want to run the risk of commandeering someone else's wedding location or being banned from the resort. There is no more GF beach due to the construction.

The Swan and Dolphin also offers a beach ceremony location if you are looking for a less expensive alternative to DFTW.
Actually, Poly has 2 beaches - one is wedding and one is not. If you are a guest at a resort, my understanding is that you are permitted to stand on a beach with a few people and get married. Dress would be more casual, of course. Because my concern is DFTW is charging (somewhat scamming) people for outdoor wedding location - when guests are permitted to use the locations when they stay at a resort. That is what we plan to do.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyky

Actually, Poly has 2 beaches - one is wedding and one is not. If you are a guest at a resort, my understanding is that you are permitted to stand on a beach with a few people and get married. Dress would be more casual, of course. Because my concern is DFTW is charging (somewhat scamming) people for outdoor wedding location - when guests are permitted to use the locations when they stay at a resort. That is what we plan to do.
Disney resorts are private property and they can allow (or dis-allow) whatever they want, even if its outdoors. If you already have your mind made up and refuse to listen to the rules, not sure why you would come here to ask for permission. You are not permitted to hold an unauthorized wedding on Disney property - period. Hope that answers your question even though its not the answer you want to hear. Also, these boards are public and DFTW reads them.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyky View Post
"Somewhat scamming" for outdoor wedding locations? What?? So, you feel that those of us who paid DFTW for an outdoor location (on Disney private property) or any location on Disney property has been scammed??? We all paid (or are paying) Disney for the opportunity and privilege to be married where we want to. It's people like you who make it that much harder for those of us who have played by the rules. What makes you think you are above these rules?

And while you are permitted to use the locations when you stay at a resort, that doesn't mean you can use them to do whatever you want. You can't have bonfire on the beach, you can't set up a grill, you can't run around naked. You also can't get married without DFTW.

Also, DFTW does everything in their power to make sure that each bride feels special and like the only bride on her day. What if your spot and date have been booked for someone? You would take that away from her? Or is your wedding going to become like a band of gypsies looking for a safe place to do it?

If you want a Disney wedding suck it up and pay for it, just like the rest of us did.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
colbyky

I just called Disney Poly - spoke with assistant manager for facilities and they said no one would object as long as it was not being noisy or bothering us or taking place of a wedding scheduled in that location at that time. They said they welcome small celebrations as long as they are intimate and not too crazy. They also said that having 5-10 people on the beach for a short wedding wouldn't be any problem and they would be happy to help in anyway they can. That made me smile.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

Why not do it on a Beach not owned by Disney. That way you are having a beach wedding, doing it rogue (Which you seem gung-ho to do) and you don't break the rules put in place by Disney (which could get you kicked off property).

(Me) (DH) (DD 3)

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyky View Post
I just called Disney Poly - spoke with assistant manager for facilities and they said no one would object as long as it was not being noisy or bothering us or taking place of a wedding scheduled in that location at that time. They said they welcome small celebrations as long as they are intimate and not too crazy. They also said that having 5-10 people on the beach for a short wedding wouldn't be any problem and they would be happy to help in anyway they can. That made me smile.
You are so full of crap it it's not even funny.

Disney's theme parks are private property. If you attempt to hold a wedding on your own in any public area, you are very likely to be detected. Disney has plenty of hidden cameras and undercover security everywhere, and they actively seek out unauthorized weddings. When you are discovered, you'll find yourself unceremoniously removed from the premises.

But you know what, go ahead and try it. Make a fool out of yourself in front of your family and a hundred strangers.

Meanwhile I (and thousands of other lovely people) will cherish the memory of our magical weddings where we truly were royalty for a day rather than a pathetic, cheap trespasser.

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal

Last edited by CityGirlLost; 11-30-2012 at 01:30 PM.
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
colbyky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
Why not do it on a Beach not owned by Disney. That way you are having a beach wedding, doing it rogue (Which you seem gung-ho to do) and you don't break the rules put in place by Disney (which could get you kicked off property).
Good idea!! I like your thinking!! We may also do an escape wedding...just feeling it out and seeing what good to chew on. How was your wedding? Did you do it on a beach? Some people say I am going rogue like Sarah Palin (which seems like a mighty fine compliment to me..even though she is a nut case haha)
Old 11-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
colbyky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlLost View Post
You are so full of crap it's not even funny.

Disney's theme parks are private property. If you attempt to hold a wedding on your own in any public area, you are very likely to be detected. Disney has plenty of hidden cameras and undercover security everywhere, and they actively seek out unauthorized weddings. When you are discovered, you'll find yourself unceremoniously removed from the premises.

But you know what, go ahead and try it. Make a fool out of yourself in front of your family and a hundred strangers.

Meanwhile I (and thousands of other lovely people) will cherish the memory of our magical weddings where we truly were royalty for a day rather than a pathetic, cheap trespasser.
Now...there is not reason to talk like that to another person. You are the only one looking bad with that hateful attitude. Be nice, I just asked a question. You do not have to agree with me or like me, but you can at least give me and others on this message board respect.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

(Me) (DH) (DD 3)

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>

Last edited by Boston Disney Bride; 08-12-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #13
colbyky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
I went through DFTW and had an Escape wedding on the Boardwalk at SBP. I think you are making a lot of people mad by telling paying brides and brides to be that we were "scammed". You are 100% able to have your own opinion of DFTW, but you also don't need to make that opinion public, especially in a forum for Disney Brides. There are plenty of hater sites out there that would welcome you with open arms.

Now, with that being said, if you really want advice on Escape weddings, I'd be happy to offer.

And my comment about going rogue, was more in reference to Jack Bauer..
Lord, honey...you can't worry about those who get mad...they will always get mad. I just feel that paying that amount for an outdoor location doesn't make sense but others don't have to agree. Indoor wedding, I support it though. Just my view - we all have them, thought that was what this neat little blog was all about. I am just getting more into this.

Now, Sarah is more my style but Jack is a good guy.

Do you think beach is better than indoor...? I am worried about rain...real worried.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Personally I think you are a dumb *** for even bringing this here. Many girls on here are planning their weddings. All we have to do to protect our rights as disney brides is inform our planner and inform them that you SAY you called the poly. And then they will call and do what they have to do to MAKE FOR DAMN SURE that your wedding 1. gets busted or 2. NEVER HAPPENS! If you don't want to pay for it then don't. Take your non Disney Bride self and go get married at universal because people like you ruin the magic of being a disney bride.

And I am a DAMN SWAN BRIDE and this insults me!

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
colbyky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Personally I think you are a dumb *** for even bringing this here. Many girls on here are planning their weddings. All we have to do to protect our rights as disney brides is inform our planner and inform them that you SAY you called the poly. And then they will call and do what they have to do to MAKE FOR DAMN SURE that your wedding 1. gets busted or 2. NEVER HAPPENS! If you don't want to pay for it then don't. Take your non Disney Bride self and go get married at universal because people like you ruin the magic of being a disney bride.

And I am a DAMN SWAN BRIDE and this insults me!
Everyone be nice on here...learn to express your views without being mean, cursing and attacking. I am offended by how people would talk to someone who comes here for advice and views different than your own and instead of saying I don't support that and here is why you use that type of language and support. If you wouldn't talk to your mother that way, you shouldn't post that way to people just asking questions!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: