DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
They can visit WDW like me....
No, they really can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor_Jorge View Post
Actually President Clinton will be the last President to receive Secret Service protection for life. Legislation was passed in '97, I think, limiting protection for his successors to 10 years.
Yep. Clinton was actually part of passing that, from what I've read.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 AM   #17
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Yes he still has Secret Service. Former Presidents and First Ladies get protection until death.

The Carter's fly commerical out of Atlanta a lot. You can tell they are around by the men in suits with little earpieces talking to thier lapels.... AKA the "Secret Service" (Mr Carter is very gracious when you speak to him in the airport)
I think that is true for all presedent up till George W Bush, I beleve he is the last presedent to have Secret Service for life. Starting with Obama I think it is a pared down system they get full coverage for atleast 10 years then I am not sure but I beleve I read they have to contract thier own security after that. I could be wrong on the time frame but I do beleve that Obama will be the first formor prresedent not to have secret service protection for life. Now if a sitting presedent would like to asign mr Obama secret service protection after that they can do so.

Glad to here Presedent Carter is so nice to people. It is great when people like him are nice.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #18
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

Yep. Clinton was actually part of passing that, from what I've read.
I realy thought it was Bush but I stand corrected. Thank you for finding this information.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #19
Halle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Crime is committed on a daily basis at Disney World, especially the resorts. It just never makes the news.

Plus WDW has been on the terrorist hit list for years.
OMG, never heard that before. Are you serious? Where did you learn this?
Halle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #20
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie
Plus WDW has been on the terrorist hit list for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle

he is probably in al qaeda

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #21
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
Any place where millions of people visit would be on a list. Disney checks bags, people, vehicles, and they have explosive detecting dogs. They do it for a reason.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #22
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Any place where millions of people visit would be on a list. Disney checks bags, people, vehicles, and they have explosive detecting dogs. They do it for a reason.

Bill
they had the dogs back in the 90's you just didn't see them - they went thru the parks before it opened. got there an hour early - yea - got the wrong park for early entry - but the dogs were beautifully - you are not allowed to touch them - they are working.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #23
babster462
Earning My Ears

We just returned from our trip and we stayed at Saratoga Springs. There was a security guard walking around at the Carriage House almost every time we were up there. Also we noticed a Disney security car driving through our parking lot almost every day. We were in Congress Park. I remarked to my husband that I had never seen this on previous trips and wondered what was going on.
babster462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #24
OhioDVC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
It's not necessarily crime, it may be about important political figures being around. I was at BCV at the end of October, and while talking with a transportation CM, he was telling me about some upcoming political visitors (was it Romney, Romney's wife, Dick Cheney-I really don't remember if they were upcoming or recent). And he told me about what a pain it is that when they travel, sometimes roads have to be closed, monorails stopped, etc. So that could account for the increased police prescence.

You might be right! Everyday there was a sheriff's car parked in the same location. There may have been a VIP in a room near by.
OhioDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #25
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

We have been noticing this. There has been a security guard walking the hallways at AKL every day.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #26
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
Which part, crime on a daily basis, from friends that work there.

Terrorists hit list, are you serious, how could anyone "not" know that.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #27
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
he is probably in al qaeda
I find that offensive and not funny in the least. Anyone that knows the news of the world knows what areas are targets.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #28
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Which part, crime on a daily basis, from friends that work there.

Terrorists hit list, are you serious, how could anyone "not" know that.
Hard to imagine a more high-profile target. I welcome all security in public places, especially @ WDW. There's something to be said for a show of force but i'm sure there's lots of 'backstage' security we never see.

OT i thought that WDW was designated a no-fly zone: true or false?

As for security being assigned to high profile guests (political or pop culture icons); it makes sense imo. I'd rather have the situation controled vs mass descent of star-struck tourists adding to the mix.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #29
Jousey
Dis Dad #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow

Hard to imagine a more high-profile target. I welcome all security in public places, especially @ WDW. There's something to be said for a show of force but i'm sure there's lots of 'backstage' security we never see.

OT i thought that WDW was designated a no-fly zone: true or false?

As for security being assigned to high profile guests (political or pop culture icons); it makes sense imo. I'd rather have the situation controled vs mass descent of star-struck tourists adding to the mix.
I do seasonal security for a music festival and ethnic festivals and can see some of the tricks we use to appear a larger force and some of the techniques to control crowds. I have had the privilege and unlucky job of protecting some celebrities and political people. I like to see behind the wall and figure out how other facilities handle the behind the scenes security. I watched a guy fight with police at the State Fair for like 20 min and most of the time I was talking the group I was with how "We" would have handled the guy and how slow the police were to control the situation.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #30
granmanh603
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohs Pal View Post
Our group was at WDW from October 15th-November 9th. I noticed a lot more than usual walking security over in the Boardwalk area. I commented on this to DD and she said she hadn't't noticed. Susan
Wow I was there almost the exact same time, first 10 days at BWV rest at SSR and did not notice a thing different... but I can imagine with the Food and Wine fest there are more in the parking lot area on weekends would not even let us park in the regular lot and were turning everyone away but that is normal for that time of year...also locals expecially try to park there or DTD and ride to bus to BWV... one night we were going back to SSR and using the BWV bus and there was a group o like 20+ people who had been partying going back to DTD after Epcot closed...

granmanh603 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: